Who are the Dees chasing for 2017 and at what cost?

junk

6 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Soon to be 29 journeyman who can't nail down a regular spot for Melbourne. He has absolutely no value. A really bad team - which is Brisbane and that's it, could take him for free but that's it.

I think he'll stay as he's a handy fringe player on a wing in a position we don't have a lot of depth in. 1 more year probably ends a handy career for a bloke plucked from the VFL.

He's in our best 22 at the moment, no question.

• Like 3

Just now, Tough Kent said:

He's in our best 22 at the moment, no question.

Probably, but he's not exactly a regular. Had an injury and had to fight his way back in. 

Certainly agree that he's worth more to us than in any kind of trade.

• Like 3

i rate him as a regular.

he started the year, copped a knock, came back with a warm-up game in the vfl, and has been a regular in best 22 since.

gives run and carry, and provides great defensive coverage.

and agree that he's worth more to us than he would bring in terms of trade value.

Edited by DemonAndrew
  • Like 2

Marsham will be back next year,that's got to be good. I am over the drug cheat scandal since we have one in our team,and the fact cheating pays i.e full salary plus one year holiday. So I am over it. People mention about Prestia going to the Dees,on what basis…….. 1st draft pick 27 and not much to trade. I would rather pick up a Hunt and Harmes at a higher pick.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

Is it possible we've already signed Sharrod Wellingham? Been good for us today.

How is it possible that Collingwood are so ordinary when they've managed to get so much value offloading players who contribute so little? (e.g. Wellingham, Dawes, Thomas)

If only we could match their strategy - first round pick for Dunn?

and have got worse every year since.

Caleb Marchbank apparently wants back home to Vic.

Would suit our needs and we have a good trade relationship with GWS.

Personally, I'd be interested in Marchbank (key back), Tomlinson (swingman) and Hoskin-Elliot (outside mid) as far as our needs go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Caleb Marchbank apparently wants back home to Vic.

Would suit our needs and we have a good trade relationship with GWS.

Personally, I'd be interested in Marchbank (key back), Tomlinson (swingman) and Hoskin-Elliot (outside mid) as far as our needs go.

Agree on Marchbank and WHE, but not impressed with Tomlinson.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mo64 said:

Agree on Marchbank and WHE, but not impressed with Tomlinson.

Yep, not saying Tomlinson is a gun by any stretch, but think he would give us some good depth for key positions at either end, and strikes me as a possible "Roos type" recruit.

3 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

has marchbank ever played more than 5 games in a row? he's a walking injury at the moment.

He's 20 this year, former high pick who's apparently home sick. Would be a good foil (or replacement) for TMac IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yep, not saying Tomlinson is a gun by any stretch, but think he would give us some good depth for key positions at either end, and strikes me as a possible "Roos type" recruit.

TBH, I'm not big on Roos type recruits. Michie, Newton, Kennedy and Bugg were all fringe players at their previous club, and nothing has changed. GWS have lost McCarthy and Boyd in recent years, and Tomlinson still can't get a regular game. 

• Like 1

Marchbank out for the year with shoulder reco. From AFL site. 193 cm who has played 7 games

"Marchbank is still not contracted to the Giants beyond 2016 and may have played his last game for the club.

GWS selected the athletic defender with pick six in the 2014 NAB AFL Draft and he is seen as a key member of coach Leon Cameron's defence, but his name has been heavily linked with a move to Carlton next year."

31 minutes ago, mo64 said:

TBH, I'm not big on Roos type recruits. Michie, Newton, Kennedy and Bugg were all fringe players at their previous club, and nothing has changed. GWS have lost McCarthy and Boyd in recent years, and Tomlinson still can't get a regular game. 

They came as further depth and from strong clubs.

But I agree the 'Roos types' gets thrown around too much. We're a completely different list to Sydney and therefore the 'Roos types' doesn't quite apply when you're building with a list of kids.

The 'Roos types' are the role players once the majority of a list is established.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Kennedy and Bugg have been good depth recruits, not sure anyone expected them to suddenly be A graders. GWS still have some pretty handy key forwards, so I don't think that argument applies to us really. Players not getting an opportunity are the type to target because let's face it we're not going to be getting Hurley and Cameron.

I'm trying to be realistic about who we can actually get.

2 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

They came as further depth and from strong clubs.

But I agree the 'Roos types' gets thrown around too much. We're a completely different list to Sydney and therefore the 'Roos types' doesn't quite apply when you're building a list of kids.

The 'Roos types' are the role players once the majority of a list is established.

What superstar full back are we going to realistically get this offseason then?

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

What superstar full back are we going to realistically get this offseason then?

I agree that we need a big-bodied KP defender Stu.

I like Marchbank a lot and would like him but I can't see us getting him given we have O-Mac and Frost as young developing KP defenders. 

I think the club will either hope that Dunn can learn from his time at VFL, or we'll go after someone like Brown/Mackenzie. (Someone with experience and a big body).

Edited by stevethemanjordan

Not sold on Marchbank and I reckon GWS would ask a lot also.  But for the right price he'd obviously be worth consdiering.

If we could get Marchbank & Hoskin-Elliott with a similar deal to how Carlton got Plowman/Sumner/Phillips etc then it could be worth a punt.,

3 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

I agree that we need a big-bodied KP defender Stu.

I like Marchbank a lot and would like him but I can't see us getting him given we have O-Mac and Frost as young developing KP defenders. 

I think the club will either hope that Dunn can learn from his time at VFL, or we'll go after someone like Brown/Mackenzie. (Someone with experience and a big body).

I reckon Dunn's gone. Just going by the VFL reports and his lack of games, it doesn't look great for him for next year. One or both of Dunn and Garland won't be on our list next year, hence why I was throwing up Tomlinson to fill that KPP depth.

4 minutes ago, AngryAtCasey said:

Not sold on Marchbank and I reckon GWS would ask a lot also.  But for the right price he'd obviously be worth consdiering.

If we could get Marchbank & Hoskin-Elliott with a similar deal to how Carlton got Plowman/Sumner/Phillips etc then it could be worth a punt.,

What would you think of something like:

Garland and next year's first round pick for Marchbank, Hoskin-Elliot and GWS' pick 29.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I reckon Dunn's gone. Just going by the VFL reports and his lack of games, it doesn't look great for him for next year. One or both of Dunn and Garland won't be on our list next year, hence why I was throwing up Tomlinson to fill that KPP depth.

I hear what you're saying.

But what we're missing back there most are guys that are really experienced in playing as a defender and Tomlinson has never been that. 

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Wouldn't want to give up a 1st Round pick unless I know we're getting quality eg Prestia, O'Meara etc.  Marchbank hasn't put a foot wrong, but hasn't done anything to me to suggest he'll be an out & out gun.  

So yeah something along the lines of 2nd Round Pick with Garlnd and maybe on trade another pick in exchange for Trengove or Neal-Bullen to get something else back. 

A lot will depend on who else we're keen on or are keen on us?

6 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

I hear what you're saying.

But what we're missing back there most are guys that are really experienced in playing as a defender and Tomlinson has never been that. 

Totally agree. Just going for ones I think could happen rather than dream scenarios.

What would be your trade scenario for Brown or Mackenzie?

3 minutes ago, AngryAtCasey said:

Wouldn't want to give up a 1st Round pick unless I know we're getting quality eg Prestia, O'Meara etc.  Marchbank hasn't put a foot wrong, but hasn't done anything to me to suggest he'll be an out & out gun.  

So yeah something along the lines of 2nd Round Pick with Garlnd and maybe on trade another pick in exchange for Trengove or Neal-Bullen to get something else back. 

A lot will depend on who else we're keen on or are keen on us?

Yeah, the other trade scenario I would think possible would be next year's first rounder + ANB for Prestia.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2016 at 1:11 PM, stuie said:

Yeah, the other trade scenario I would think possible would be next year's first rounder + ANB for Prestia.

I would think it's very unlikely ANB will go anywhere other than MFC or a S.A side

Will be very interesting to see if we trade Col at the end of his first season back in the leadership group, very MFC