The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

Wowee will be an exciting trade period ahead.

While i would rather keep jesse as talented kpps don't grow on trees,  let's hope at least if he makes it known he wants to leave we respect it and get s good deal 

21 minutes ago, Generation dee said:

The news I got at the best and fairest, from another of our players who was tight with jesse-

He was absolutely staying until about July. Since then he's gotten homesick and is more likely to leave than stay. This player said it's his gut feeling he will make that known at the exit meetings, which will be had after Casey finish the finals.

Thanks for the info Gen dee. 

Couldn't bring myself to like the post - made me very sad. 

But thanks again for passing that on.

Edit: Coincidence that we played in Perth on July 23?  Either that made him really homesick and didn't want to leave or someone from Freo got to him...

At least he will let the club know to make list management decisions - small mercies...

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

15 minutes ago, Generation dee said:

The news I got at the best and fairest, from another of our players who was tight with jesse-

He was absolutely staying until about July. Since then he's gotten homesick and is more likely to leave than stay. This player said it's his gut feeling he will make that known at the exit meetings, which will be had after Casey finish the finals.

Well here's a post that lives up to the thread title! I'm going to do my best not to pancic.

Besides Melbourne is at its absolute best in Spring so perhaps that will sway him

All i'll say is that as long as Hogan does the right thing by Melbourne and says trade me to whichever WA club you can get the best deal from, then i'll hold no ill feelings.

Anyone who saw Weideman's 3rd quarter last week knows we've got another special key forward on the list.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, daisycutter said:

reckon jesse won't make his decision till this thread reaches 100 pages

we are at 67 pages, so come on all you 'landers, start posting like crazy

I told him the number of pages, a few weeks ago at the last training session, he was amused, probably even more now

16 minutes ago, Generation dee said:

Which player? Why July? Thought if he was going to get homesick it would be in the first few weeks away from home?

8 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I told him the number of pages, a few weeks ago at the last training session, he was amused, probably even more now

Which player? Why July? Thought if he was going to get homesick it would be in the first few weeks away from home?

Why would you tell him about the thread?  Ridiculous.

• Like 19

I've come to the point now that I don't have a fav player anymore as they come and go when ever it suites them. 

If he stays great if he goes which I think he will then get a good trade for him and get someone in who wants to be at the club. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Faaark me. Homesick?! 

Would explain his last 6 weeks of footy too. Him leaving will put us back a long long way. 

[censored] ! There is No I In team! Yes he can mark but his kicking is shizenn. If he leaves so be it! 

I'm not entireley sure he will be the Superstar many envisage!!

Very good hnmm yesish! but Superstar ??? Hnmm I wonder!

• Like 3

I have always said that i don't emotionally invest in players anymore after Scully left.

Whether some will disagree Hogan will be a absolute star CHF who will be a 60 to 80 goal a year once he hits 24 years. If he goes he will be a huge loss, but il move on and look forward to grabbing pick 3 from Freo and adding another exciting youngster to our already growing list.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Generation dee said:

Wonder what the club would think about players leaking this info

6 minutes ago, faultydet said:

A gut feel is hardly a leak.

Would have thought the players would be told not to comment on contracts, especially those of teammates.

It would hardly be unusual for a 21 year old to wax and wane on their feelings about staying with their mates or going home to family and familiarity. 

It wouldn't make sense if these emotions hadn't ebbed and flowed.

When it comes to the crunch I'll back him to stay with his mates. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, schmuttt said:

Would have thought the players would be told not to comment on contracts, especially those of teammates.

Id look at it as someone thats worried about his close mate leaving.

Nothing to do with contract at all. Can't blame him for speaking out for his mate.

3 minutes ago, CP5 said:

It would hardly be unusual for a 21 year old to wax and wane on their feelings about staying with their mates or going home to family and familiarity. 

Exactly right. You can't conclude from Generation dee's post that Hogan all of a sudden has become homesick. He may well have had doubts for over a year now, which is why he hasn't re-committed to the club and extended his contract already.

Generation dee's post is more plausible than GNF's. We'll just have to wait and see who is correct.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CP5 said:

He has been living in Melbourne for 3 years now. When does a place become familiar?

He also has good mates in Perf, who would no doubt be in his ear constantly, to come "home"

18 minutes ago, faultydet said:

He also has good mates in Perf, who would no doubt be in his ear constantly, to come "home"

Being in a professional environment, spending 6 days a week with guys you've become close to, is nothing like the odd surf with a schoolboy friend.  Hogan has been at Melbourne since he was 17.  His closest mates will almost certainly be at the club.   

He'd also feel a responsibility to those mates.  He knows they're on a journey together.  He knows the prize at the end.  He may go, but don't underestimate the pull of his mates at the club.

And yes, of course he's now "familiar" in Melbourne, but it still may feel different to a 21 year old who knows when he's home.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, america de cali said:

I think the poll alludes to that big offers may have been made. Most likely from WA and also perhaps a Vic  club like hypothetically Collingwood. And Hogan's non commitment  under pressure and recent average form just adds to the speculation. Rumours  that die quickly are usually wrong. Those that never go away are more likely to be true.

Just for some perspective the same [censored] that said Jesse's value had diminished also said the dogs were no chance tonight.

Guess it comes down to not listening to flogs

Edited by Unleash Hell
Haha [censored] is censored
  • Like 3

The NBA and NFL players never have to go home, because they are grown adults who understand its part of their career.

The "Go Home" factor shows how immature these players really are.

Geelong didn't need Ablett and Hawks didn't need Buddy ??

Edited by GawnWithTheWind