Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Sliding Doors

Dr. Gonzo

Damian Barrett makes a positive comment about MFC!

IF

THEN

Melbourne

Joel Selwood and Luke Hodge split the honours as AFL's toughest ...

... Jack Viney is not far away from making it a three-way go. In fact, we’re mounting the case right now to say he’s there already.

Also comments about Hurley not training with the main group of suspended Bombers. Trouble in paradise?

• Like 1

I said post game last week that Viney has already Hodge and Selwood coverd in the toughness category.

Hodge is a sniping dog and Selwood is a cheat with his constant ducking.

Watch this weekend of Viney going head first into a contest and coming out with ball in hand.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I said post game last week that Viney has already Hodge and Selwood coverd in the toughness steak.

Hodge is a sniping dog and Selwood is a cheat with his constant ducking.

Watch this weekend of Viney going head first into a contest and coming out with ball in hand.

You're not actually Damien Barrett, are you?

Although the alternative that he's just plagiarising your work is, in itself, quite amusing on a number of levels.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

You're not actually Damien Barrett, are you?

Although the alternative that he's just plagiarising your work is, in itself, quite amusing on a number of levels.

My favourite type of Demonland post is the "I said this last week/last season/before anyone else did....." post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

My favourite type of Demonland post is the "I said this last week/last season/before anyone else did....." post.

Some years ago I asked Todd Viney who he compared Jack to.  Selwood and Hodge game style was the answer.  

Not bad.....

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Have seen this for the last couple of years each week. Nothing new this week.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baghdad Bob said:

Some years ago I asked Todd Viney who he compared Jack to.  Selwood and Hodge game style was the answer.  

Not bad.....

It was obvious right from his first game that he was going to be a tough little bugger. On Saturday was the first time i sat back and admired a footballer's toughness at the ball. Nothing dirty just see ball get attitude.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, stuie said:

I see you went all quite now that Frost has been dropped after you constantly bagged other posters for having an opionion that he should be omitted. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I see you went all quite now that Frost has been dropped after you constantly bagged other posters for having an opionion that he should be omitted. 

25 minutes ago, stuie said:

Whats with this he said, she said crap?? are you guys 5? grow up! I joined this forum to talk footy not read this crap

But back on topic:
Good on Viney i hope he can maintain his NAB challenge and rnd 1 form for the whole year. If he gets a clear run for the year I think he could be our best AA selection chance. He and Gawny are becoming a star combination and gonna soon be our 2 most important players (if they arnt already)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

Whats with this he said, she said crap?? are you guys 5? grow up! I joined this forum to talk footy not read this crap

But back on topic:
Good on Viney i hope he can maintain his NAB challenge and rnd 1 form for the whole year. If he gets a clear run for the year I think he could be our best AA selection chance. He and Gawny are becoming a star combination and gonna soon be our 2 most important players (if they arnt already)

lol, get use to it or set up your ignore option. There are a few here who love to argue with each other in every topic ever posted.

1 minute ago, Gorgoroth said:

lol, get use to it or set up your ignore option. There are a few here who love to argue with each other in every topic ever posted.

No they don't.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Devil is in the Detail said:

Yes they do

That's just contradiction, an argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.....

Edited by ManDee
Just remembered the rest
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

. There are a few here who love to argue with each other in every topic ever posted.

we do not...

(edit... damn - about 10 minutes too late  - nothing worse than second to the post humor)

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ManDee said:

That's just contradiction, an argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.....

I could be arguing in my spare time.....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ManDee said:

No they don't.

13 minutes ago, Devil is in the Detail said:

Yes they do

3 minutes ago, nutbean said:

we do not...

(edit... damn - about 10 minutes too late  - nothing worse than second to the post humor)

hahah I'm not sure why i didnt see this coming 

Edited by ArtificialWisdom
  • Like 1

For those that don't know. Mony Python - The Argument sketch

A man walks into an office.

Man: (Michael Palin) Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please.

Receptionist: Certainly sir. Have you been here before?

Man: No, this is my first time.

Receptionist: I see. Well, do you want to have the full argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?

Man: Well, what would be the cost?

Receptionist: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.

Man: Well, I think it's probably best if I start with the one and then see how it goes from there, okay?

Receptionist: Fine. I'll see who's free at the moment.

(Pause)

Receptionist: Mr. DeBakey's free, but he's a little bit conciliatory. Ahh yes, Try Mr. Barnard; room 12.

Man: Thank you. (Walks down the hall. Opens door.)

Angry man: WHADDAYOU WANT?

Man: Well, Well, I was told outside that...

Angry man: DON'T GIVE ME THAT, YOU SNOTTY-FACED HEAP OF PARROT DROPPINGS!

Man: What?

A: SHUT YOUR FESTERING GOB, YOU [censored]! YOUR TYPE MAKES ME PUKE! YOU VACUOUS TOFFEE-NOSED MALODOROUS PERVERT!!!

M: Yes, but I came here for an argument!!

A: OH! Oh! I'm sorry! This is abuse!

M: Oh! Oh I see!

A: Aha! No, you want room 12A, next door.

M: Oh...Sorry...

A: Not at all!

A: (under his breath) stupid git.

(The man goes into room 12A. Another man is sitting behind a desk.)

Man: Is this the right room for an argument?

Other Man:(John Cleese) I've told you once.

Man: No you haven't!

Other Man: Yes I have.

M: When?

O: Just now.

M: No you didn't!

O: Yes I did!

M: You didn't!

O: I did!

M: You didn't!

O: I'm telling you, I did!

M: You did not!

O: Oh I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?

M: Ah! (taking out his wallet and paying) Just the five minutes.

O: Just the five minutes. Thank you.

O: Anyway, I did.

M: You most certainly did not!

O: Now let's get one thing quite clear: I most definitely told you!

M: Oh no you didn't!

O: Oh yes I did!

M: No you DIDN'T!

M: Oh look, this isn't an argument!

(pause)

O: Yes it is!

M: No it isn't!

(pause)

M: It's just contradiction!

O: No it isn't!

M: It IS!

O: It is NOT!

M: You just contradicted me!

O: No I didn't!

M: You DID!

O: No no no!

M: You did just then!

O: Nonsense!

M: (exasperated) Oh, this is futile!!

(pause)

M: Yes it is!

(pause)

M: I came here for a good argument!

O: AH, no you didn't, you came here for an argument!

M: An argument isn't just contradiction.

O: Well! it CAN be!

M: No it can't!

M: An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

M: Yes it is! 'tisn't just contradiction.

O: Look, if I *argue* with you, I must take up a contrary position!

M: Yes but it isn't just saying 'no it isn't'.

M: No it ISN'T! Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.

O: It is NOT!

M: It is!

O: Not at all!

M: It is!

(The Arguer hits a bell on his desk and stops.)

O: Thank you, that's it.

M: (stunned) What?

O: That's it. Good morning.

M: But I was just getting interested!

O: I'm sorry, the five minutes is up.

M: That was never five minutes just now!!

O: I'm afraid it was.

M: (leading on) No it wasn't.....

O: I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to argue any more.

M: WHAT??

O: If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

M: But that was never five minutes just now!
Oh Come on! 
Oh this is... 
This is ridiculous! 

O: I told you... I told you, I'm not allowed to argue unless you PAY!

M: Oh all right. (takes out his wallet and pays again.) There you are.

O: Thank you.

M: (clears throat) Well...

O: Well WHAT?

M: That was never five minutes just now.

O: I told you, I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid!

M: Well I just paid!

O: No you didn't!

M: I DID!!!

O: YOU didn't!

M: I don't want to argue about it!

O: Well I'm very sorry but you didn't pay!

M: Ah hah! Well if I didn't pay, why are you arguing??? Ah HAAAAAAHHH! Gotcha!

O: No you haven't!

M: Yes I have! If you're arguing, I must have paid.

O: Not necessarily. I *could* be arguing in my spare time.

M: I've had enough of this!

O: No you haven't.

M: Oh shut up!

(Man leaves the office)

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 9

Big chance he's our next Brownlow medalist IMO. He knows only one way and it's a way that stands out above all others.