The Hird Interviews

rjay

Is there any chance that the interviewer might surprise Hird (and us) by really going for him in an attempt to make a big splash and perform a breakthrough in her hum-drum career?   Odds 50:1?

I'm afraid the chance is zero, sue. She's well and truly under his spell. She'll happily go after (in order) WADA, ASADA, AFL, maybe EFC, but in no way shape or form will she go after Albert. (She may ask one seemingly difficult "hard hitting" question just for form.)

Is there any chance that the interviewer might surprise Hird (and us) by really going for him in an attempt to make a big splash and perform a breakthrough in her hum-drum career?   Odds 50:1?

No chance, he would have had the questions before the interview and I bet he only agreed to do it if he could veto those questions.

• Like 1

No chance, he would have had the questions before the interview and I bet he only agreed to do it if he could veto those questions.

Yawn...Pity he isn't wired up to a lie detector

Q&A would be better. The Twitter feed responses would crucify him...

• Like 3

I'd love to see him interviewed by the BBC radio guy who runs "Hard Talk" interviews (serious ones, not Tom Gleeson).

When someone waffles on he interrupts and says, "Please answer the question I asked, not the one you'd like to answer".

• Like 2

Holmes will come early with a token tough question to show the world that she's not just a James Hird cheerleader. That question will most likely be a Dorothy Dixer that Hird has advance knowledge of and a prepared answer to help him on his way.

Anyone care to propose the question and answer?

"James, this saga has taken an incredible toll on your health and wellbeing. Being the target of a worldwide conspiracy to destroy your amazing legacy in the game is something that only happens to superlative human beings. Yet the falsehoods and groundless accusations intended to destroy you and the club haven't damaged you in any way. Can you explain to our audience here tonight just exactly how fabulous you are?"

"Thanks Tracey. You're right, it hasn't been easy being a beacon of truth and light against the forces of evil and darkness. I would have spent many sleepless nights wondering just what lies in the hearts of such men, if I hadn't been lying awake concerned about the players. Because everything I've done, I've done for the players. It's a terrible thing that WADA, ASADA, Andruska, McDevitt, Downes, Young, the AFL, McLachlan, Demetriou, Dillon, Clothier, Haddad, Harcourt, Clare, Lundy, Dutton, Gillard, Evans, Little, Switkowski, Robson, Campbell, Lukin, Thompson, Corcoran, Hamilton, Robinson, Dank, Charter, Alavi, Reid ... all people who I trusted, to be let down by every one of them does hurt a little. And the players, who I gave everything to, to be betrayed by them too has been disappointing. But I've got broad shoulders, Tracey. I'd rather take on all the pain and hurt and suffering in the world rather than let the players endure one moment of anxiety, but they did bring it on themselves. As for all the others who betrayed me so outrageously, well, I'm too big a man to let one negative thought about those liars, cheats and backstabbers enter my mind. It's all behind me Tracey. But I will continue to fight. It's my nature to seek truth and justice. Against all the odds, I can't let them win. For the players' sakes."

"Oh James, you wonderful man. Take me."

"What, here on stage? I thought we agreed to do it back at the hotel?"

• Like 7

In early January 2012, the Italian cruise liner Costa Concordia struck a rock off Isola del Giglio, Tuscany and sunk with the loss of 32 lives.

The captain, Francesco Captain Schettino was subsequently found guilty of manslaughter of 32 passengers and sentenced to 16 years. Included with the multiple manslaughter charge of which he was found guilty were causing the shipwreck, abandoning the passengers and providing false information to port authorities.

Ironically, at the same time as the Costa Concordia was foundering the EFC under coach Hird was embarking on the supplements programme which has devastated the club and resulted in last week's sanctions. Reading the installments of Hird's "explanation" in the Herald Sun reminded me so much of Schettino's gutless conduct. There's a mealy mouthed half-hearted acknowledgment of some breakdown in responsibility but that's all due to breaches of trust committed by everyone else involved ranging from CAS, the AFL, Demetriou, his colleagues at Essendon including long time friend and club Doctor Reid. Hird throws them all under the bus or should I say, under the Costa Concordia.

Tomorrow night's ABC programme with Tracey Holmes won't be long enough for Hird to explain why, like Schettino he failed to do the honourable thing when his ship went down.

Here's a preview on the business ethics aspect -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKGeHuln08A&sns=em

apt comparison of betrayal IMo wj

Holmes will come early with a token tough question to show the world that she's not just a James Hird cheerleader. That question will most likely be a Dorothy Dixer that Hird has advance knowledge of and a prepared answer to help him on his way.

Anyone care to propose the question and answer?

Did you dope?

I'll be watching it for the sheer entertainment value.

Yes...tis the comedy that keeps giving.

Ol James 'iccarus' .

.fly you to the moon..Hird will eventually go that little :unsure: bit too far, even for his doting deciples.

Fun to watch really. A train wreck in slow motion.

I've removed some posts. Please leave the rumours and gossip for the tabloids - Demonland is too highbrow for that kind of stuff. 

Plus, you could get the site's owners in legal trouble. 

Interesting to see if he has anything to say about  the rumours tomorrow night

Yes...tis the comedy that keeps giving.

Ol James 'iccarus' .

.fly you to the moon..Hird will eventually go that little :unsure: bit too far, even for his doting deciples.

Fun to watch really. A train wreck in slow motion.

that train has rolled  blzb,,,  I think we may be about to SloMo in reverse,  just so we didn't miss anyting.   can anyone put  ol' james,   to 'Benny Hill' music?

"James, this saga has taken an incredible toll on your health and wellbeing. Being the target of a worldwide conspiracy to destroy your amazing legacy in the game is something that only happens to superlative human beings. Yet the falsehoods and groundless accusations intended to destroy you and the club haven't damaged you in any way. Can you explain to our audience here tonight just exactly how fabulous you are?"

"Thanks Tracey. You're right, it hasn't been easy being a beacon of truth and light against the forces of evil and darkness. I would have spent many sleepless nights wondering just what lies in the hearts of such men, if I hadn't been lying awake concerned about the players. Because everything I've done, I've done for the players. It's a terrible thing that WADA, ASADA, Andruska, McDevitt, Downes, Young, the AFL, McLachlan, Demetriou, Dillon, Clothier, Haddad, Harcourt, Clare, Lundy, Dutton, Gillard, Evans, Little, Switkowski, Robson, Campbell, Lukin, Thompson, Corcoran, Hamilton, Robinson, Dank, Charter, Alavi, Reid ... all people who I trusted, to be let down by every one of them does hurt a little. And the players, who I gave everything to, to be betrayed by them too has been disappointing. But I've got broad shoulders, Tracey. I'd rather take on all the pain and hurt and suffering in the world rather than let the players endure one moment of anxiety, but they did bring it on themselves. As for all the others who betrayed me so outrageously, well, I'm too big a man to let one negative thought about those liars, cheats and backstabbers enter my mind. It's all behind me Tracey. But I will continue to fight. It's my nature to seek truth and justice. Against all the odds, I can't let them win. For the players' sakes."

"Oh James, you wonderful man. Take me."

"What, here on stage? I thought we agreed to do it back at the hotel?"

You forgot Zaharakis. I have my suspicions that the truth will eventually come out, and he's the mastermind

"James, it's clear from the recent history of the AFL that the organization is becoming a basket case and is need of a major shake up.

"If the rumours are true that Chairman Mike Fitzpatrick is considering stepping down, would you be prepared to come in to the job to rescue football as we know it?"

• Like 1

My challenge to Tracey Holmes would be for her to explore Hird's relationship with the club doctor, Bruce Reid a little more deeply.

There's an article in the Australian (protected by a paywall) in which Hird accuses the club doctor of "downplaying his own knowledge about what the players were taking."

"Players told Bruce exactly what they were getting." Hird claims.

Reid's response:

"The players didn't even know what they were getting, let alone speak to me."

A good interviewer should be able to extract some illuminating insights into the relationship between the coach and the club doctor and the apparent conflict between the two men on this issue along with some deeper understanding of Reid's letter outlining his concerns about the supplements programme and Hird's emails to Danny Corcoran which suggested that he wanted to keep Reid on the sidelines as much as possible.

"No stress but need to organise a meeting with you me Reidy, Danksy and Weapon (Robinson) the day you get back. Reidy has stopped everything which is getting a little frustrating. Need to get your United Nations skills back into action."

Perhaps Hird could also explain why he and the club didn't simply issue a directive to the players to first consult with Reid as club doctor and obtain his authorisation before taking any of substances by injection or otherwise?

• Like 4