Jump to content

Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


The Hird Interviews


rjay

Recommended Posts

http://tv.press.abc.net.au/james-hird-exclusive-interview-live-on-abc-news-24-this-sunday

In the spirit of round by round match previews & reviews I thought it worth starting a seperate topic on the interview due to be shown on ABC24 this Sunday. No matter your thoughts on Hird and the EFC to me the interview is a must watch if only to see how delusional the participants really are...

Hird - "And when the truth comes out, I think I'll be in a very, very good position, and so will this football club."

Holmes - "I've always tried to stand back from the hubris, the emotion, the allegations that are not founded on fact."

According to many and I must admit that I'm leaning this way, Holmes is a Hird sympathiser. I'm not sure how she arrived at this position but am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and see how she stands up and is able to get to the truth, whatever that is.

It will be interesting to get opinions on how 'Demonlanders' think the interview will go, why the connection between Hird and Holmes and following the interview, did it shed any light on the situation, did the truth come out?

Edit: Thought I should add the Robbo Herald Sun interview to the mix as these are coming out ahead of the ABC interview and will probably set the agenda...

Edited by rjay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dank, for nearly 4 years, has been spouting the same garbage, that the truth will come out. During this time he has refused to give evidence to a myriad of hearings. 

Steve/James don't worry, the truth has already come out and it is this " an incompetent Bomber administration, presided over an illegal drug taking operation, by its players and put their professional and personal futures  at risk ".

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not expecting much out of this interview, he wouldn't agree to it in the first place if he didn't get to prepare his answers to bs questions. This will be staged, even the follow up questions to what he just said will be prepared IMO, made to look like hard hitting journalism. Why do people want to hear from a delusional liar so bad anyway? We know by now he is full of garbage surely?!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holmes spoke on SEN yesterday arvo about the upcoming interview. It did not take her long to expose her position re the whole affair. She appeared completely ignorant on many points such as the evidence presented to the two tribunals, claiming it was exactly the same, so how could the two judgements be poles apart..

Numerous callers afterwards commented on the fact that she appeared to have a pre-conceived opinion re the guilt of the EFC (and Hird)..

I thought to myself how different it would be if Whateley was doing the interview. It's highly likely that any credibility Holmes may have as a journo will evaporate after Sunday.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, M_9 said:

Holmes spoke on SEN yesterday arvo about the upcoming interview. It did not take her long to expose her position re the whole affair. She appeared completely ignorant on many points such as the evidence presented to the two tribunals, claiming it was exactly the same, so how could the two judgements be poles apart..

Numerous callers afterwards commented on the fact that she appeared to have a pre-conceived opinion re the guilt of the EFC (and Hird)..

I thought to myself how different it would be if Whateley was doing the interview. It's highly likely that any credibility Holmes may have as a journo will evaporate after Sunday.

If Whateley was doing the interview it would not  be happening M9

He is doing it with her because it will full easy questions.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, thevil1 said:

Not expecting much out of this interview, he wouldn't agree to it in the first place if he didn't get to prepare his answers to bs questions. This will be staged, even the follow up questions to what he just said will be prepared IMO, made to look like hard hitting journalism. Why do people want to hear from a delusional liar so bad anyway? We know by now he is full of garbage surely?!!

I wouldn't be surprised if he prepared the questions as well!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, rjay said:

http://tv.press.abc.net.au/james-hird-exclusive-interview-live-on-abc-news-24-this-sunday

In the spirit of round by round match previews & reviews I thought it worth starting a seperate topic on the interview due to be shown on ABC24 this Sunday. No matter your thoughts on Hird and the EFC to me the interview is a must watch if only to see how delusional the participants really are...

Hird - "And when the truth comes out, I think I'll be in a very, very good position, and so will this football club."

Holmes - "I've always tried to stand back from the hubris, the emotion, the allegations that are not founded on fact."

According to many and I must admit that I'm leaning this way, Holmes is a Hird sympathiser. I'm not sure how she arrived at this position but am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and see how she stands up and is able to get to the truth, whatever that is.

It will be interesting to get opinions on how 'Demonlanders' think the interview will go, why the connection between Hird and Holmes and following the interview, did it shed any light on the situation, did the truth come out?

 

Will it be an Oprah/Armstrong like intro "did you want to win so badly you went over the edge and not give 2 f's about the consequences?" "did you know what Dank was putting into the players" etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im sick of seeing the bummers all over the papers, news and social media. Yes I know its huge news.

Also I noticed the herald sun are having a 2 part  interview with Turd as well. My god the golden boy butt out, u have ruined your club and can deny it all you want but you walked into the club arrogantly thinking i was a superstar player who doesn't need to do any assistant coaching and will be a success. All you did was try to get a quick fix and it backfired. I bet robbo does the story. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go back through Holmes' Twitter feed or Google "Tracey Holmes Essendon" and you'll find it's obvious why the Hird camp picked her to conduct the interview. I can't think of a sports journalist who has been more one-sided towards the Essendon side of the rumpus.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone who has listened to her program "the ticket" and commentary on this saga would realise she is hopelessly biased when it comes to this topic. This is simply a forum for the cannonisation of St James to join his place amongst the martyres.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, grazman said:

Anyone who has listened to her program "the ticket" and commentary on this saga would realise she is hopelessly biased when it comes to this topic. This is simply a forum for the cannonisation of St James to join his place amongst the martyres.

It'd be nice if it was a cannonisation but I suspect it'll only be a canonisation.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

:) my bad. Perhaps in Pyongyang where they're not adverse to using AA guns to discipline high ranking transgressors.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tony Tea said:

Go back through Holmes' Twitter feed or Google "Tracey Holmes Essendon" and you'll find it's obvious why the Hird camp picked her to conduct the interview. I can't think of a sports journalist who has been more one-sided towards the Essendon side of the rumpus.

Here are Tracey's actual words from one her many Hird hagiographies (including free ASADA bashing) articles for the ABC. This was in response to Hird's sacking.

Yesterday, Essendon's favourite son agreed to fall on the sword he'd held aloft for the past two-and-a-half years trying to keep at bay those who accused the club - and specifically Hird - of running a secretive, illegal doping program. And they were many.

While Hird stood at the gate with his self-described "belligerent personality" and was one who "never backs down", the club's players and fans knew he was their spine. Players felt protected, fans were protective and the club hoped for the best.

The siren has sounded on Hird, and all that's left is sadness

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There were a couple of funny postings on bigfooty predicting what the interview would be like.

 

From "Mead":

Quote

Some hard hitting questions for tonight-

 "Hirdy, at what point did you realise that ASADA and WADA would stop at nothing to seek to ruin you and your legacy as a legend of the game?"

 "James, this saga must have taken an incredible toll on you. How do you find the strength to go on? Do you think it's fair to say that the affected players will be able to draw inspiration from your courage and fortitude throughout this saga?"

 "James, as the spiritual leader of the Essendon club, has it been hard to see the club, and the AFL fail to follow your advice on how deal with these allegations? Do you feel at all let down by their stupidity?"

 "Hirdy, more of comment than a question, but you've taken responsibility for this from day dot, and anyone who knows you knows you have a huge heart. That heart surely must be breaking for the players now?"

 "James, can you tell us about Anzac medal #2 and what happened there?"

 

From "FootyGeek":

Quote

I bet you there will be one question thrown in by Holmes among all the dorothy dixers that has something about it you could describe as being a difficult question. Hird will give a little nervous laugh and say something to the effect 'Gee Tracy, you certainly are not holding back'. Crowd will giggle and both Hird and Holmes will have established the entire interview as hard hitting.

 

I reckon they're both spot on.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites


11 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

Here are Tracey's actual words from one her many Hird hagiographies (including free ASADA bashing) articles for the ABC. This was in response to Hird's sacking.

Yesterday, Essendon's favourite son agreed to fall on the sword he'd held aloft for the past two-and-a-half years trying to keep at bay those who accused the club - and specifically Hird - of running a secretive, illegal doping program. And they were many.

While Hird stood at the gate with his self-described "belligerent personality" and was one who "never backs down", the club's players and fans knew he was their spine. Players felt protected, fans were protective and the club hoped for the best.

The siren has sounded on Hird, and all that's left is sadness

 

wow ted, i knew she was a hird fan but tracey leaves slobbo far behind in the sycophant stakes

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

There were a couple of funny postings on bigfooty predicting what the interview would be like.

 

From "Mead":

 

From "FootyGeek":

 

I reckon they're both spot on.

tracey: james i couldn't help notice what captivating eyes you have. we should discuss everything over a drink afterwards. c'mon, don't blush, babe. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

tracey: james i couldn't help notice what captivating eyes you have. we should discuss everything over a drink afterwards. c'mon, don't blush, babe. 

Tird: Gee, Tracey. We're 15 minutes into this hard hitting interview. Normally you tell me that in the first two minutes. I guess you're nervous. But enough about me. Let's talk about you. What do you think of my six hour erection fake tan?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

Here are Tracey's actual words from one her many Hird hagiographies (including free ASADA bashing) articles for the ABC. This was in response to Hird's sacking.

Yesterday, Essendon's favourite son agreed to fall on the sword he'd held aloft for the past two-and-a-half years trying to keep at bay those who accused the club - and specifically Hird - of running a secretive, illegal doping program. And they were many.

While Hird stood at the gate with his self-described "belligerent personality" and was one who "never backs down", the club's players and fans knew he was their spine. Players felt protected, fans were protective and the club hoped for the best.

The siren has sounded on Hird, and all that's left is sadness

 

Tony Schibeci (SEN) put to Holmes that she got the interview because she was "sympathetic" towards him on previous occasions. She denied this, said (in so many words) she would not risk her journalistic integrity by not asking the hard questions, and then proceeded with a diatribe on how could the CAS possibly find the players guilty (2-1 verdict moreover) and then hit them with a 2 year ban, Cringe worthy just listening to her for 5 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, old dee said:

If Whateley was doing the interview it would not  be happening M9

He is doing it with her because it will full easy questions.

Yeah, know this. Would love to see more along the lines of the AFL360 stuff - priceless that look on Hird's face when Whateley corrects him (and Slobbo squirms)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    GAMEDAY: Practice Match vs Carlton

    It's Game Day and the Demons are headed for a date with the Blues at Ikon Park for their final practice match before the ball is kicked in anger to open the season in just over a week's time. Date: Wednesday 28th February 2024 Location: Ikon Park Gates Open: 5:30pm Match commences: 6:40pm Watch: Foxtel & Kayo VFL practice match: Please note, the VFL practice match (10:30am) is no longer open to public. Entry: Your entry gate will be detailed on your ticket (4, 5 or 6)

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 176

    TRAINING: Tuesday 27th February 2024

    I headed down to Gosch’s Paddock this morning for the Captain’s Run in the lead up to tomorrow night’s practice match against the Blues.  The squad that took the field was indicative of the lineup for that match at Ikon Park.  Likely Selections based on the groupings of players at the Captain's Run today at Gosch's Paddock. Main Group: Gawn, Viney, May, JVR, Lever, Petracca, McVee, Windsor, Billings, Langdon, Bowey, Schache, Rivers, ANB, Fritsch, Sparrow, Chandler, Kozzy,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 4

    SCRUTINY & RESILIENCE by Whispering Jack

    If the week when preseason training melds into scratch matches with other clubs, is the first marker for the beginning of a new season, then this has certainly been a torrid opener for the Melbourne Football Club in its campaign to remain a leading AFL premiership contender in 2024. The Demons were already under enormous scrutiny from the media and football’s fan base (including their own) after consecutive straight-sets finals exits, with Clayton Oliver’s well documented woes, the Joel Smi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 27

    Angus Brayshaw Forced into Retirement

    After 167 games including the drought breaking Premiership Angus Brayshaw has made the heart breaking decision to medically retire from football as a result of a series of serious head knocks over his nearly decade of footy. We wish Gus all the best and he'll always be a hero at Demonland. 😢

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 414

    PODCAST: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 20th February @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Scratch Match loss to the Tigers and hopefully provide me with some free MFCSS therapy. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 43

    PREGAME: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Dees will play their final practice match before the start of the 2024 seasons against the Blues at Ikon Park. What are you wanting to see in this final hit out before the season proper? Will Clarry & Salo return to the side? 2024 AAMI Community Series | Carlton v Melbourne Date: Wednesday 28 February Time: 6:40pm (AEDT) Location: IKON Park | Wurundjeri

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 183

    POSTGAME: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Dees were outclassed and outmuscled in its first practice hit out for the 2024 season against the Tigers going down by 23 points at Casey Fields. 

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 287

    GAMEDAY: Match SIM vs Richmond

    It's Game Day and it's been 156 days since the Demons were bundled out of the finals in straight sets for the 2nd year in a row. Our redemption starts here. Remember it's only a practice match if we lose. Date: Sunday 18th Feb Location: Casey Fields Gate open: 9.30am Match commences: 10am Watch: Foxtel & Kayo Inclusions: Seven-quarter match simulation Signing opportunities Kids' activities Partner giveaways Demons Squad: 1. Steven May 2. Jacob Van Rooyen

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 402

    TRAINING: Saturday 17th February 2024

    On the eve of the Dees first practice match for the 2024 season a couple of Demonland Trackwatchers bring you their observations from today’s Captain’s Run at Gosch’s Paddock.  KEV MARTIN’S CAPTAIN’S RUN OBSERVATIONS Looks a a dress rehearsal Captain's run. 23 out doing drills.  Included is Will Verall, Kynan Brown, Bailey Laurie, Caleb Windsor, Blake Howes, Adam Tomlinson, Kade Chandler, Jack Billings and Josh Schache. Rehab include BBB, Tom Fullarton, TMac, AMW, Woey.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...