The Frawley Factor

pitmaster

When Melbourne played Hawthorn earlier this season, we were never in it.

I didn't get a chance to let out a yelp about our performance it was so bad.

One thing I did say was... "I'm glad someone else is over paying you now Frawley" All the Hawk fans laughed.

I wonder if they are still laughing now??

• Like 2

Seeing Hawthorn lose is always entertaining,seeing Hawthorn lose with Frawley is even better.Now I can bag out Frawley in front of my Hawthorn mates,for the first time in years I have a legitimate weakness at Hawthorn to hang sh*t on.

• Like 1

I think we've done pretty well with free agency so far:

Colin Sylvia- straight swap for Bernie Vince essentially.

James Frawley- pick 3 (Angus Brayshaw) enough said.

We lost out on the Moloney/Rivers departures due to poor use of the system but that was due to it being the first year and people unsure how it worked.

If we can just start to add more free agents over the coming seasons and not lose anymore it could contribute to us becoming a very strong side.

It would be an event of beauty and joy to watch the arrogant Hawks go out of the finals without a even single win to their credit.

And for all that I'm not bitter and all that, I would also take some satisfaction if Frawley's unreliability was a factor in that.

At Hawthorn, there can't be any excuse, no pointing to your teammates saying they weren't good enough for you to shine, no whinging about the coach, you either fill your role, do your job, continuously improve, or you get found out.

If even one Melbourne player reflects on this and lift their head, taking personal responsibility for their game and development regardless of the circumstance, then it will make me happy.

• Like 2

Hasn't bothered Shaun Higgins or Eddie Betts.

Its nothing to do with Free agent. Frawley is just a very ordinary player, plain and simple.

That is sheer rubbish! Has played well I a top team. Your heart is overriding your judgment.

He is a doubtful decision maker but otherwise is a first rate player. Is at the Hawks for the long term. After Lake retires he will be their key defender

Hasn't bothered Shaun Higgins or Eddie Betts.

Its nothing to do with Free agent. Frawley is just a very ordinary player, plain and simple.

Agree DD. He was a bad decision maker in traffic with us, and he still is at the hawks.

Due diligence is a wonderful thing not well handled by the hawks in this case IMO.

I always thought this was a way to weaken Whorethorn. We need to keep sending our garbage to them. Listen to that eternal [censored] Dermot Brereton he really rates Frawley he rates Garland as well lets send him next

How many Frawley threads do we need?

Zero. Commenting on his game within the Finals thread is sufficient.

He is a Hawks player. It's embarrassing seeing these threads pop up to monitor his progress like a scorned lover. It's Scully all over again. Even when we've made out like bandits in BOTH scenarios,

Many of our supporters seem to struggle in getting the [censored] over things. Time to start thinking like winners. Winners aren't constantly looking over their shoulder.

/rant

• Like 3

Interesting that Clarkson didn't give Frawley so much credit.

When asked about Frawley's 'great job on Tex', Clarkson said...well, our plan was for our mids to cut off supply to Tex and other forwards and that is how it panned out...or something like that.

Frawley still has some way to go, I suggest to have the confidence of his coach!

• Like 3

Sometimes I wonder what supporters watch in a game of footy.

Walker had minimal supply all night. Barely any opportunities one-on-one. And Frawley was not his opponent the whole night.

Clarkson's response was bang on the money. Hawthorn's pressure on the ball carrier didn't allow Walker anything.

To say Frawley had a great game is honestly hilarious. Sure he made two or three elementary Backman spoils.

When he has the ball in his hands, he stands out like a sore thumb in that Hawthorn team. Decision making is awful. Is just a dumb footy player plain and simple.

Some of the posts are truly embarrassing on this thread.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.