GAMEDAY - Round 18

Do we know who the sub is yet?

I hope it's not Michie again he deserves a full game for a few weeks to settle in and show us what he has or doesn't have.

I had a look around but can't see who the sub will be, still showing a four man interchange.

For some reason i'll be there again.. In the off chance we somehow manage to top the pies i won't even be that excited, just so numb from the essendon and st kilda games. The thought of putting a nail in the coffin of collingwood's season is rather amusing though. Amused is the strongest emotion i can feel at a dees game this year i guess.

• Like 3

Thanks for that Ethan.

I agree about Michie, would much prefer to see him get a full game, hopefully be able to get a bit of momentum and show something.

ANB or even Vanders as sub.

Vanders has been a little down on form, I can see him being able to come on and make an impact as the sub.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1

I agree about Michie, would much prefer to see him get a full game, hopefully be able to get a bit of momentum and show something.

ANB or even Vanders as sub.

Vanders has been a little down on form, I can see him being able to come on and make an impact as the sub.

Agree, hoping for a big one from AVB. Has looked pretty scratchy since coming back from injury.

• Like 1

One of the big questions for today is whether people will bother to turn up for the game given that it's a clash between two out of form (at least I think that's a description of how Melbourne is playing at the moment) and out of luck teams occupying 11th and 15th spots on the ladder.

The early morning weather out there looks foreboding - it's cold and bleak although the forecast says "rain clearing, wind easing" and it's true that Collingwood fans stick fat so you can still expect them to turn up in numbers for their home game on a ground they occupy and consider their own.

But how many of our own will turn up to watch, given we're playing the type of game that's produced an average of 56½ points in the past four games which have involved opposition currently sitting in 13th, 14th and 18th spots on the ladder?

WJ can you tell me when this first started? I cant remember?? It used to be just us and Richmond when I was a lad.....was it when the vfl went to the afl......is that when this scum invaded our hallowed ground??

Very interesting sub for the Pies. No Cloke or Elliott for 3 quarters, both of whom combined for 10 of the Pies' 17 goals on Queens Birthday.

I'm sure Moore will step up though. He looked scary good last week.

Very interesting sub for the Pies. No Cloke or Elliott for 3 quarters, both of whom combined for 10 of the Pies' 17 goals on Queens Birthday.

I'm sure Moore will step up though. He looked scary good last week.

McDonald really should be thrown back to try and keep him quiet. Dunn to the resting ruck (Witts/Grundy). Feel Moore could kick a bag on Garland the way he's been going.

McDonald really should be thrown back to try and keep him quiet. Dunn to the resting ruck (Witts/Grundy). Feel Moore could kick a bag on Garland the way he's been going.

Garland would be the wrong match up. McDonald has more strength and he covers the ground quicker to keep up with someone like Moore. The Pies are going small and therefore Garland would be a good match up for someone like Fasolo. I'm hoping they put McDonald back as well, he is clearly of more benefit to the side in that capacity.

Driving up to the nation's capital with my daughter. First game at the G I've missed for a very long time. So I predict a win for the boys! Weather on the Hume is appalling. Good bakery in benalla though

Doesn't get much better than a road trip and a good bakery stop.

• Like 1

I think most of us will be at the snow so will miss the game. We will play well an win and DL will go into meltdown re making finals next year until next week when we get smashed by North. This will be followed by calls for decisive action including sacking the coaching panel with some suggesting we bring in Mick Malthouse.

From the outlook we may all be at the snow without even marooned in Melbourne without hopping in the Range Rover !!

Pity we left the skis up at Buller though :-)

Edited by monoccular