• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Radio and football racists

Soidee

Listening to Melbourne radio callers on the Goodes situation just confirms my beliefs that this country is full of racists. The number of callers who are making excuses for this booing is just ridiculous.

If you bother to call up and make an an excuse to continue booing Goodes....your a racist!

If you continue to boo Goodes after all this your both a racist and a A grade idiot.

FFS.....this country needs to grow up

• Like 8

he's acted like a complete [censored]. i don't see Rioli, the Jettas, Yarren, Garlett, Betts getting booed. He's a petulant sook pulling the racist victim card. Fans can see it for what it is and hence the booing.

I guess the OP was directed at you then, quality stuff Munga

• Like 3

I don't care what color he is. I don't even care that he pointed the girl out in the crowd. for sure he didn't realize how young she was at first and perhaps would have his time again. but, pointing a 10 year old out is not Australian of the year worthy and this PC crap must stop.

People see the A of the Year nomination as the PC rubbish it was and his behavior on field with the dives and the continuous sooking only makes him a target. Some people will revel in it.

For me, Eddie Betts, Aaron Davey and Wonemairri do far more for the Aboriginal community than Goodes - by not being the [censored] that Goodes is

• Like 4

its nothing to do with his skin - its just the crowd that are booing him have seen him for what he is. Look at the respect Davey had from all and sundry. Betts. Rioli. The majority don't give a toss about skin color but if you act like a prat on the field especially after being awarded a very dubious aussie of the year then you will be a target. Very simple sociology really

• Like 2

I have no doubt that a lot of people who are booing are racist, another good chunk are just doing it as they know it annoys him but then there are also people who just don't like the man and boo him for that. All top players have copped boos at some point in time. My issue at the moment is that anyone who boos is considered racist, no matter what their actual reason is. My mate is a sydney supporter and he boos him, not because he is racist but for the fact that he has met Goodes on multiple occasions and he has tells me that he was rude to his wife.

You can't dislike someone anymore. If they have any colour skin, religion, sexual preference that is different to yours, you cannot dislike them as you are deemed racist/homophobic etc and that has to be the reason for the dislike, not that they could be flogs/idiots/rude etc. I use an example of a woman I work with, she is rude to clients, gets messages wrong and just has a bad demeanor in the workplace, she also happens to be gay. If I voice that I don't like her, it's because I am apparently homophobic, not the fact that I believe she is just not a nice person.

• Like 9

I have no doubt that a lot of people who are booing are racist, another good chunk are just doing it as they know it annoys him but then there are also people who just don't like the man and boo him for that. All top players have copped boos at some point in time. My issue at the moment is that anyone who boos is considered racist, no matter what their actual reason is. My mate is a sydney supporter and he boos him, not because he is racist but for the fact that he has met Goodes on multiple occasions and he has tells me that he was rude to his wife.

You can't dislike someone anymore. If they have any colour skin, religion, sexual preference that is different to yours, you cannot dislike them as you are deemed racist/homophobic etc and that has to be the reason for the dislike, not that they could be flogs/idiots/rude etc. I use an example of a woman I work with, she is rude to clients, gets messages wrong and just has a bad demeanor in the workplace, she also happens to be gay. If I voice that I don't like her, it's because I am apparently homophobic, not the fact that I believe she is just not a nice person.

Ive also heard several times what a T0ssser Goodes is. Im sure there are some people booing him for race but I doubt its many. the majority now will be doing it because its become the thing to do and its 'grown legs.'

To begin with it was to do with his arrogance and sooky demeanor, couple with having being awarded our highest national honor. A very undeserving one at that as I'm sure there are many scientists and philanthropists out there more deserving.

The fact is Goodes is a bit militant in his approach to racism and is a bit of a racist himself to be honest. It naturally rubs people up the wrong way and people love to call bullsh11t on a prat.

Edited by Munga

oh please, this thread needs closing as it is going to spiral into even more BS about "he's rude, he's a diver, he whinges, he didn't deserve AOY". God help us if this is where the mentality is still at in this country.....plain and simple, if you stand at the ground like a pathetic sheep and boo this guy, you are either a redneck simpleton or a racist. To claim that a crowd full of opposition supporters would waste their time standing up and booing for any other reason is absolute shizen and you all know it.

• Like 3

oh please, this thread needs closing as it is going to spiral into even more BS about "he's rude, he's a diver, he whinges, he didn't deserve AOY". God help us if this is where the mentality is still at in this country.....plain and simple, if you stand at the ground like a pathetic sheep and boo this guy, you are either a redneck simpleton or a racist. To claim that a crowd full of opposition supporters would waste their time standing up and booing for any other reason is absolute shizen and you all know it.

Thanks for knowing how we all think.

That is unique talent.

• Like 1

I have no doubt that the majority of people booing him do it because he is a divisive figure and often times a bit of a [censored]. A small percentage of those people probably do it because they are racist. However, to say that 'If you boo Adam, you are racist' is bloody ridiculous. How many other indigenous or players of other race get booed in the league?

Anyway, there's no doubt that he is a great footballer and has done a lot of good for a lot of people. Not quite deserving of an Australian of the year award though in my book.

• Like 4

How loud was the booing for Eddie betts on the weekend or Stephen Hill? Just wondering

let me first state that i don't/won't partake in the booing of goodes

secondly i'm not offended at all by goodes even if i don't agree with everything he says

but, m'k, there is definitely something going on here in addition to racism. if you can't see that then it's you who has the closed mind

I don't care what color he is. I don't even care that he pointed the girl out in the crowd. for sure he didn't realize how young she was at first and perhaps would have his time again. but, pointing a 10 year old out is not Australian of the year worthy and this PC crap must stop.

People see the A of the Year nomination as the PC rubbish it was and his behavior on field with the dives and the continuous sooking only makes him a target. Some people will revel in it.

For me, Eddie Betts, Aaron Davey and Wonemairri do far more for the Aboriginal community than Goodes - by not being the [censored] that Goodes is

You're underestimating her age (she was 13, not that he could possibly have known that). Is that a deliberate strategy to support your (non) argument?

I won't boo Goodes as I don't feel passionate enough to do so but should I decide to boo Goodes then I reserve my right to do so.

he's acted like a complete [censored]. i don't see Rioli, the Jettas, Yarren, Garlett, Betts getting booed. He's a petulant sook pulling the racist victim card. Fans can see it for what it is and hence the booing.

What are you booing him for? It only started after he stood up for the Indigenous people of the country, no one boo'd him before hand so the only conclusion is that you are booing because he stands up for Indigenous rights. Wouldn't that be a little racist?

• Like 7

You pays your money you get to express your feelings.

Wonderful thing free speech funny how some only want it when it suits them.

Comes with responsibility though OD. You can say any racist thing you like, but I have the right to call you out on it. Don't get upset if I do.

You're underestimating her age (she was 13, not that he could possibly have known that). Is that a deliberate strategy to support your (non) argument?

Jara, i didnt realize she was 13 but probably never cared too much about her age . However Im pretty sure her being 13 doesn't validate the award to goodes any further.

Regardless, the point here is that if you act like a [censored] the crowd will treat you like one.

Modern society climbing over each other to pull the race card is quite entertaining sometimes.

If this wasn't the case then he would have been being boo'd for a lot longer than he has. Strange how it all started when he made remarks about Indigenous rights isn't it!

• Like 1