Post Match Discussion - Round 17

Demonland

Dawes' first 3 kicks were all unbelievably putrid. He dribbled a pass towards a leading Hogan, then he went across half forward and kicked it to the opposition instead of going towards goal, then he runs into goal and dribbles it wide from less than 20m. I always cringe when we recruit players from other sides dating back to the Ben Hollands of this world. Clubs usually dress up their trades and we get lumped with them.

But...."he is a great leader around the club".

What utter BS. Leading us into oblivion.

Can't mark, can't kick, can't contest under pressure. Enough!!!

A leader would have lead.

I was a big supporter but I have seen the light.

If he isn't dropped, and I don't care for whom, next week I will not go, not listen or watch and just check the score sometime.

Edited by monoccular

Grimes was okay. You could tell he was playing for his career. Problem is that we have too many blokes that just go through the motions, do what they need to do. No one goes above and beyond what is expected of them, at least not on a consistent basis.

Blokes like Grimes, the club's leaders, need to empower those around them.

Certainly one of our best today, but that's kind of like picking out the best turd after a long dump.

Edited by praha
  • Like 4

No issues with Grimes today

He was no worse with the over use of the handball that anyone else. At least he actually went in hard and got his hands on it.

And his kicking was much better than other "leaders" like Dawes and Dunn who also gave away dumb frees to top off a marvelous performance

• Like 1

Max Gawn was our best today. I've changed my opinion of him. However he must stop tapping the ball directly to the opposition at centre bounces.

Doesn't make him particularly good then, does it?

• Like 2

His hospital handballs that consistently put team mates under pressure and his inability to win crucial one-on-ones put a large cross next to him. Think that'll be his last game.

The whole team is guilty of that. I thought he was better than most.

Obviously I need to see my optometrist

Edited by chook fowler

I feel sorry for that poor baztard that traveled from Canberra to watch the game.

How long does the club think they can continue to dish this shitz up cause supporters who decide to travel to games will not go because of how we play.

We will be lucky to get over 30k supporters next season.

I would not blame anyone of us if we don't renew our membership.

There does come a time that cost/benefit/budget comes into play.

Edited by DemonOX

But...."he is a great leader around the club".

What utter BS. Leading us into oblivion.

Can't mark, can't kick, can't contest under pressure. Enough!!!

A leader would have lead.

I was a big supporter but I have seen the light.

If he isn't dropped, and I don't care for whom, next week I will not go, not listen or watch and just check the score sometime.

Dawes has been crap 4 a while now. He is a forward who doesn't kick enough goals. He's kicked 6 or 7 for the year and is an unreliable mark. But I think he'll play next week because we are playing Buckley's mob.

30 odd possessions at 80% efficiency. Yes he struggled at times but tell who would not when we don't work as a unit. Today was Everyman for himself but Grimes had a go, he tried, yes he failed at times but he kept presenting from what I saw on TV. There are others who don't present when needed as is so evident by our static play.

possession numbers mean nothing when every one results in a turnover.

I reckon Gus is being monitored carefully by a few big clubs. The kid's a gun....

I'm only going to watch Gus, Petracca, Hogan and Salem from now on.

I would suggest that you enjoy it the next season or two while it lasts.

Not everyone has the loyalty and love for the club displayed by Nathan Jones.

Dawes has been crap 4 a while now. He is a forward who doesn't kick enough goals. He's kicked 6 or 7 for the year and is an unreliable mark. But I think he'll play next week because we are playing Buckley's mob.

I think he will play next week because, and only because, there is nobody to replace him.

Maybe Spencer or Jamar deep forward with some ruck work, or even incredibly King??

I think he will play next week because, and only because, there is nobody to replace him.

Maybe Spencer or Jamar deep forward with some ruck work, or even incredibly King??

He couldn't do any worse.

Edited by Scythe

Jamar has been exemplary in his play in the VFL. Delist Dawes now. Bring back Jamar. He can play till he's 60.

i know that I'm not saying anything new, but...I just don't get why we are so bad.

It doesn't make sense. We have PJ, Roos, Goodwin, Misson, all names that at the time of their recruitment were considered amongst the best.

As much as I should be happy that the Bulldogs are doing so well, as a fellow 'battler' club, for me, they drill home what absolute shite we are. How does beveridge or Richardson get results like they do, while we get neeld and his results.

How come we still are so bad? It doesn't make sense.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.