Post Match Discussion - Round 15

Demonland

I think what it boils down to is attitude. I've been anxious about this game all week and have been absolutely filthy and miserable about the result all night. Even now lying in bed there's a sinking feeling in my stomach at what transpired in that game.

So seeing the players on the [censored] and boasting about it on social media kind of rubs me the wrong way. In a way I wonder if the players are even all that upset by the performances they put up?

That said, everyone has a different way of releasing and putting myself back in the mindset of a 21 year old, I can understand. I also see the benefits of the young brigade bonding together like this, so the long-term picture probably outweighs how I feel right now.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 3

Im giving one more year of my life to this rabble and if we're still bottom 4 next year I'm done. not enjoying footy anymore, losing the passion

• Like 2

Im giving one more year of my life to this rabble and if we're still bottom 4 next year I'm done. not enjoying footy anymore, losing the passion

I'll continue being a member..

But i'm going back to playing local rather than watch this crap.

As usual Roosy nailed it with our poor forwards on the day not being up to it. And the delivery didn't help.

We were selfish at times also having shots on the run when we could have passed .

Our structure allowed winning opportunity so we can be happy with our setup/coaching.

I would like to see us try some different things at stoppages and center bounce .The inside tap from Gawn is predictable if you do it every bloody time.

Good on Tmac for showing our forwards how to play in front and run.

Frustrated with a capital FFFFFFF

Pure and simple.

We were smashed at clearances

&

Bombed it into our 50 all day!!

Mate we won the clearances 45 -40 lost stoppages 35-34 and had 13 more inside 50's.

Agree we should have done a lot better having 71 hitouts to 33.

• Like 1

As usual Roosy nailed it with our poor forwards on the day not being up to it. And the delivery didn't help.

We were selfish at times also having shots on the run when we could have passed .

Our structure allowed winning opportunity so we can be happy with our setup/coaching.

I would like to see us try some different things at stoppages and center bounce .The inside tap from Gawn is predictable if you do it every bloody time.

Good on Tmac for showing our forwards how to play in front and run.

Frustrated with a capital FFFFFFF

The delivery to our forwards was pathetic not sure how you can put all the blame at their feet.

The delivery to our forwards was pathetic not sure how you can put all the blame at their feet.

Nevertheless we scored 7/18 rather than 18/7, so you can place a bit of blame on our forwards because the ball was down there for scoring. Certainly some shots were on the run but TMac's 1.2 were all from (four) gettable set shots and if they had all been goals we would have been victors. Personally, I think it is a shame that we have not perservered with Fitzy after he towelled Boyd. Fitzy, Daniher and Boyd are all the same height and IMHO we should have played Fitzy on the weekend as it may have been a better match-up.

As for moving Tommy forward, it worked with Neitz so perhaps we should be looking at this when Frost returns? Anyway, these are just my thoughts. We should have won and were out-coached. On paper our team is better than they performed and quite capable of beating Essendon.

Edited by CBDees

The writing was on the wall when the bombers got belted by the saints and with Melbourne being Melbourne it went to script.

We are such a pathetic organisation its unbelievably frustrating.

They r trying to increase membership but IMO they are damm lucky to have the core of 30k odd that stick with them through this shitz.

Like my young daughter said yesterday "it's like we are never going to improve".

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 4

They're looking at the hit outs and being stupidly wowed by them. Wake up, Demonland.

Says it all, really.

That's more like it, olisik. I completely disagree.

You can also look at the votes in the paper and the many comments from other posters

Keep an eye on the instagram feeds as the night progresses. They might run in to Beamer and Col Sylvia

Or turn into them

• Like 2

As for moving Tommy forward, it worked with Neitz so perhaps we should be looking at this when Frost returns?

Neitz could kick.

• Like 1

Can't believe what I'm reading here. There is zero problem with letting your hair down and having a few beers after a game - win or lose.

I like the fact that these young guys clearly enjoy each others company and their bond will only get stronger.

Armchair amateurs upset with another insipid performance expect the players to wallow in their misery until it suits them. Sorry, it doesn't and shouldn't work that way. And to draw the conclusion that they're not hurting as much as you because they can still function as likeable humans post-game is a visceral reaction at its finest.

• Like 10

Armchair amateurs upset with another insipid performance expect the players to wallow in their misery until it suits them. Sorry, it doesn't and shouldn't work that way. And to draw the conclusion that they're not hurting as much as you because they can still function as likeable humans post-game is a visceral reaction at its finest.

It's actually a bit embarrassing and shows the posters' great lack of awareness of their own weaknesses. They might as well be saying "I don't have the emotional control to function after a loss, so the players shouldn't either."

• Like 3

I agree but how does alcohol effect their recovery? I don't have a problem with it if the club doesn't (which you would assume they don't if the platers are gonna post these pics) but I can see the point that it's not very professional when they need to keep their bodies in top nick during the season.

Having a few drinks is fine, getting plastered might be an issue.

• Like 1

I agree but how does alcohol effect their recovery? I don't have a problem with it if the club doesn't (which you would assume they don't if the platers are gonna post these pics) but I can see the point that it's not very professional when they need to keep their bodies in top nick during the season.

Let the club worry about that. If they were knowingly jeopardising their recovery etc, I doubt they'd have been so pic happy anyway.

If I can't act like a likeable human after these humiliating loses, I don't know how they can.
And after dishing up that [censored] week after week, I'd be too embarrassed to go out.

Edited by Fork 'em

Two games we have literally thrown away, this one and the Saints game.

And I mean thrown away. if we had won them LIKE WE SHOULD HAVE we would be on top of both teams and full of confidence.

The problem yesterday was all about intensity. When it lifted in the last quarter we almost got over the line.

Our most intense player is Viney - he really attacks each contest. Brayshaw is up there is well but he had an off day, which is excusable.

The least intense player would have to be Howe by a mile and yesterday Garlett was bad as well.

Our younger brigade of ANB, Stretch and JKH are very talented and overall doing well but they need to attend a masterclass lead by Viney to develop this quality..

Dawes can be intense but unfortunately I think he is a spud and his time at the club has passed. Does not contribute nearly enough - he's always where the ball ain't and can't take a contested mark to save himself.

• Like 2

Neitz could kick.

boom tish !!

Some may consider the moving of T Mac inspired. It was desperation. Soundly beaten down back..some light years off his AA form hes shoved fwd. He DID show some toe making arguably better position than iur real foewards but he kicks like a backman...and even the :rolleyes: (hes improved but still not a good kick )

Many seem to want to suggest it was the finishing off that lost us the game. Possibly in very narrow simple terms it did. Multiple posters didn't help but it was far more than that. I posted yesterday during the game a simple observation. They, in 2nd half once they'd sorted their yips out looked purposeful and dangerous when going forward. We just looked clumsy and inept. Worrying to watch. Scoring was more accidental than by design for there was NO discernible design.

one week we can..next we cant. Why is this. Lobotomies all round during the week ?

A greater concern is that which Red portrays. The inability to capitalise on clearing. Truth is despite so called stats we DON'T win the clearance often. If you dobt come away and towards your scoring end you haven't won it. We often got the tap but it was like 1,2 without the 3 for it was this point we inevitably turned it over and bang...straight to a 4th man waiting to link to any of a 5th 6th or 7th. Even these kiddy bombers played with more confidence to just go and back their plan....we just played circle work til again,of course we coughed it up.

i really havent seen much real improvement....not whilst we still play fukked-footy.

Was painful to watch. Beer helped...and I WAS on dry july....the game forced my position

• Like 1

Was Hogan plastered? Can't tell from the pics.

Personally, I'd love to have a few with Bernie :)