Training - Friday 1st May, 2015

I spent a few minutes down there this morning and saw tyson getting his knee rebandaged. He still looked a bit proppy to me but seemed to participate in everything.

They spent all the time I was there playing a handball game of footy with 6 teams - 2 groups of 3.

2 groups would try to move the ball and score a goal with only handballs. This would go on for around 7 mins and then 1 team would go off and rest whilst the 3rd team would come on.

Having not seen much training I'm not sure whether this is done regularly but it looked pretty slick with fast movement, some good tackling, mostly clean hands etc. Maybe this is our strategy to break through Freo's strangulation defence. Most of the players are adept at lifting the arms before being tackled and dishinig off a handball. Targets were well hit. I did see Toumpas fumble quite a few times but it might havejst been whilst I was watching. Others who saw the who session might have a view..

It was stunning morning and the players looked like they were enjoying the workout and running hard.

• Like 6

I find this strange. Maybe they will give Dawes and Pedersen some training privately.

Or we are actually planning to play Spencer and Jamar in the same side (yikes).

Sounds like we will if the Jamar interview this morning on SEN is a guide.

I guess we'll know soon.

Gee everybody is so excited about Sunday they missed another important bit, Viney is only a week away from a return to footy

Round 5 injury report said 2-3 weeks. Hopefully its sooner but I assume he needs at least 2 full weeks of training before playing

Edited by Young Dee

I spent a few minutes down there this morning and saw tyson getting his knee rebandaged. He still looked a bit proppy to me but seemed to participate in everything.

They spent all the time I was there playing a handball game of footy with 6 teams - 2 groups of 3.

2 groups would try to move the ball and score a goal with only handballs. This would go on for around 7 mins and then 1 team would go off and rest whilst the 3rd team would come on.

Having not seen much training I'm not sure whether this is done regularly but it looked pretty slick with fast movement, some good tackling, mostly clean hands etc. Maybe this is our strategy to break through Freo's strangulation defence. Most of the players are adept at lifting the arms before being tackled and dishinig off a handball. Targets were well hit. I did see Toumpas fumble quite a few times but it might havejst been whilst I was watching. Others who saw the who session might have a view..

It was stunning morning and the players looked like they were enjoying the workout and running hard.

They have been doing this drill for about a month now, I only saw Dawes getting restrapped, must have been on opposite side at the time, Tyson was fine I asked, he did the whole session, would have thought if there was an issue he wouldn't have

PS I didn't speak to any players. :)

Why not?

Not prepared to trust your lovely lady to do the Casey-watching for you?

She'll be at the G as well, Jeffy being the new favourite

• Like 2

Too risky if you get an injury.

My guess is because it's Sandilands and Clarke they'll go with Spencer. If it rains they might go for Riley. Brute contested ball winner in the wet. thn

I think Spencer Jamar combo is something Id like to see us live with this year.

If we can win in the middle and provide another, admittedly mediocre, tall option forward, its a team that would be tough to play against for many teams.

We cant keep hoping the Russian can do it on his own.

Spencer is as ready as he is going to get. Exciting.

Irrespective of the line up on Sunday, we need to start giving match time to either Spencer or Gawn. Either they develop or we trade for a ready to go ruckman, but either way its a priority

Irrespective of the line up on Sunday, we need to start giving match time to either Spencer or Gawn. Either they develop or we trade for a ready to go ruckman, but either way its a priority

Early in Jamar's career, when White was our No.1, he spent a lot of time riding the pine. I think his development was delayed by Daniher's neglect. I don't have a clue what Roos' plan for our ruck development is, I just hope he has one. Frost might turn out to be a serviceable backup, but that's not enough.

How did viv move? No problem after being proppy last few mins of the game?

Appatrently got some physio

11170328_1602337443339050_11831861542543

Edited by Samael
  • Like 1

Agree, it's a priority. At this stage I think we will be looking outside but it's still a long season ahead and plenty of time for Gawn & Spencer to stake a claim.

11170328_1602337443339050_11831861542543

Sorry should have been on the Jesse Hogan thread

Early in Jamar's career, when White was our No.1, he spent a lot of time riding the pine. I think his development was delayed by Daniher's neglect. I don't have a clue what Roos' plan for our ruck development is, I just hope he has one. Frost might turn out to be a serviceable backup, but that's not enough.

Young King is developing nicely, and they are making sure he can play forward as well, kicked about 6 or 7 goals in the practice games and the 2 Development matches he has played in

Spencer may have been around for ever but he is still only 25