When will Melbourne break these embarrassing records?

praha

I've got another streak:

We haven't won at Etihad as an away team since round 12 2006, vs Essendon.

You are talking about semantics. Any game played other than on the MCG is an "away game". Beating Collingwood on the MCG is also an away game!

• 6 months later...
On 22/04/2015 at 10:37 AM, Curry & Beer said:

got another one for you:

last time someone kicked a bag of 5 or more

rd 20, 2012 (sam blease, 5 goals vs st kilda at the MCG)

50 game streak

edit

last time someone kicked a bag of 6 or more

rd 22, 2007 (russell robertson, 6 goals vs carlton at the MCG)

157 game streak

still P'D off that apparently these records aren't worthy of making the list. Not good enough for the OP.

Big Jesse is a chance for a bag of 6 this week, first one in 8 years + 3 games

5 minutes ago, 45HG said:

Haven't won in Round 2 since 2005.

Jesus...

I'd think we'll be wiping off one record this weekend.

Edited by praha
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, demon-4-life said:

Fingers crossed we get to wipe out consecutive wins this week...

14 minutes ago, 45HG said:

10 minutes ago, praha said:

Jesus...

I'd think we'll be wiping off one record this weekend.

Two praha,

go dees

28 minutes ago, 45HG said:

wow....thats scary. Jeez we've been shite haven't we. A nightmare in several parts. Im 100% confident we're out of those dark woods but its yet to be seen how good this team is or could be. We need CP and Weed in to really know what our potential is I think. But having a game we "should" win is a novelty all by itself. 

Edited by Wells 11

• 3 weeks later...

Until the game day threads start, this is the nearest next best for this:

Love the photo on the promo for Sunday just sent to me by the club. Chunk in fist-pumping exhultation after another rousing goal; Cotchin looking downfield with a worried look on his face!

7 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Until the game day threads start, this is the nearest next best for this:

Love the photo on the promo for Sunday just sent to me by the club. Chunk in fist-pumping exhultation after another rousing goal; Cotchin looking downfield with a worried look on his face!

Post picture?

5 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Another streak:

Finish a round (other than Round 1) in the top 8 - last time that happened was Round 14, 2011.

I think there's a slight-ish chance if we beat Richmond we'll be in the eight after this round (not sure though).

We will be the following week after we beat the Saints (also giving us three in a row)!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CBDees said:

We will be the following week after we beat the Saints (also giving us three in a row)!

Well that would break another streak - haven't won three games in a row since Rounds 17, 18 and 19 of 2010 (beat Sydney by 73, Brisbane by 10, Richmond by 29).

On 4/15/2015 at 9:49 AM, Bay Riffin said:

not beating St Kilda since 2006 is the most embarrassing.

would love to own Hawthorn sometime in my lifetime. they've owned us it seems forever since the 80s.

Yep and revenge against norf for the bad umpiring this year.

At least we are a chance this year for your 2 on the list

4 hours ago, Coup Cooper said:

And make it 3 in a row v the Tigers!  Saints!

Fixed.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. Tigers are the main focus. They will need to play at their best to beat Richmond. Like they'll need to play their best each and every week.

2 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Yep and revenge against norf for the bad umpiring this year.

At least we are a chance this year for your 2 on the list

North have had the run of the umps for years in pretty much every game they play. I stopped watching all north games a few years back as it drove me mad. I watched the game this year and the umps are still at it, and it still drove me mad, but I took a little solace in the fact we actually played good footy, still p(*&es me off we lost though. 

All North have said about that game is that they didn't play at their best, JB said on the radio last night that they were atrocious in the game against us. If that was atrocious for them then I am surprised they haven't won a flag int eh last few years because they looked to be playing pretty good footy to me. Maybe it is just the standard excuse, we can't seem to ever beat anyone without then having the worst game of their life. 

On 4/20/2016 at 4:07 PM, Chris said:

North have had the run of the umps for years in pretty much every game they play. I stopped watching all north games a few years back as it drove me mad. I watched the game this year and the umps are still at it, and it still drove me mad, but I took a little solace in the fact we actually played good footy, still p(*&es me off we lost though. 

All North have said about that game is that they didn't play at their best, JB said on the radio last night that they were atrocious in the game against us. If that was atrocious for them then I am surprised they haven't won a flag int eh last few years because they looked to be playing pretty good footy to me. Maybe it is just the standard excuse, we can't seem to ever beat anyone without then having the worst game of their life. 

North are rubbish, flat track bullies who will again not make the grand final, they have had an easy draw and might well be gifted a top 4 spot but that's where it stops, they're not top 4 standard, barely top 8 standard and if Goldstein gets injured they won't even be that.

Last time we went a season without a 15 goal (90pt) or greater loss was 2010.

Last time we went a season without a game where an opponent doubled our score was 2006!

Also since 2006 - the deepest into a season that we've been a) in the 8, and b) had a percentage >100 would be round 7, 2011.

There are some worthy targets for the season.

Wow, here's a shocker.

The only player* on our current list to have ever had a positive win/loss balance at Melbourne is Lynden Dunn, after playing in most of Melbourne's hot streak in 2006.

Dunn's balance went below 50/50 in round 15, 2007.

*with at least 10 games experience.

• Like 1