Mitch Clark's 6 goals - how ... 'depressing'.

bush demon

I dont doubt he has depression and I feel for him. I also dont doubt he is a pr!ck that screwed us over.

from my unfortunately extensive personal experience with depression - and im generalising here - usually stability is recommended, not change when very depressed. Being around people you know and that can support you helps massively. One of the most stress inducing things is changing your job or surroundings when depressed. So unless MFC was physically or mentally abusive place I dont buy the change of scenery BS

until I know more this will continue to be my opinion (fair or unfair).

Those that think he only played well coz it was Cheney are kidding themselves. He bossed every defender he was on in his few games for the Dees. He'll get 60+ goals this year if he stays on the park

• Like 2

No .... He'd still be a dog for going when finally actually fit.
I'd like to think he'd have the integrity to pay us back for paying him 2M for 15 games.

• Like 1

I don't think speculating on whether or not he really has depression is above the belt. It's not an easy thing to admit to I'd imagine, particularly for a famous footballer in the spotlight.

I reckon his 'retirement' was genuine, but later in the year he had a sudden realisation that we sucked and he could easily take a side door entrance to another club.

A complete dog act. While I sympathise with his condition (I don't suffer from depression - but have family members that do), it does not excuse him from right or wrong. It does not excuse him pissing on the club that helped him through a difficult time in his life.

Will I boo him? Abso-[censored]-lutely!

Will I be sad if he gets injured? Absolutely [censored] not!

Some of the posts in this topic are really really strange, and say more about the posters, and are hypocritical

Football is a business now, and loyalty is a rare thing

If a player, who the majority of posters on here think sucks, is delisted, there are mass cheers, but this means he has been sacked, not many of us enjoy that experience

If a player decides to move on, for whatever reasons, this is a work decision that most posters on here do as well, moving on for more success, more money and they also do it for other reasons

Me, I think he suffers from depression, and was advised the best deal was to retire, at that moment, he then (partially) recovered and was advised again that if he wanted to return to football a change of environment would be better. These are his decisions, same as when we all look at changing jobs for whatever reasons, loyalty in the work environment now, I'd like to see that

So I assume you are old enough to work, would you like to list the reasons you have changed jobs?

Just starting my 25th year with the same company.

What else you got?

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 1

Some of the posts in this topic are really really strange, and say more about the posters, and are hypocritical

Football is a business now, and loyalty is a rare thing

If a player, who the majority of posters on here think sucks, is delisted, there are mass cheers, but this means he has been sacked, not many of us enjoy that experience

If a player decides to move on, for whatever reasons, this is a work decision that most posters on here do as well, moving on for more success, more money and they also do it for other reasons

Me, I think he suffers from depression, and was advised the best deal was to retire, at that moment, he then (partially) recovered and was advised again that if he wanted to return to football a change of environment would be better. These are his decisions, same as when we all look at changing jobs for whatever reasons, loyalty in the work environment now, I'd like to see that

the difference between you and most of us is that you love the players more than you do the club. The club goes first. If anybody pulls a shifty on this club they go on my sh1tlist forever. Clark's shifty is one of the biggest in the history of the AFL and I really mean that. The idea that anyone could apologise for him is staggering to me. Have you stopped for a second to think how incredibly handy it would be to have a key forward of Coleman medal ability on our list right now? That could be worth who knows, 5 or 6 wins? Maybe more? What about having somebody for Hogan to come up alongside with? What's that worth? Given our precarious state of existence and urgent need to improve, this is a HUGE thing we have missed out on - if Clark had done the obvious, decent thing to do and rejoined us we would be deadset contenders for the finals and that is something all of us very much deserve after a decade of putting up with utter garbage - and we have missed out on not by bad luck but by the selfless actions of a despicable individual who has betrayed us all. It makes my blood boil every time I think about it.

• Like 5

Just starting my 25th year with the same company.

What else you got?

Then you are very lucky that you have been able to have 25yrs continuous service, me I have been made redundant 3 times in last 20 years, not nice, having to keep starting again, bit like Mitch Clark who probably though his footy career was over

Then you are very lucky that you have been able to have 25yrs continuous service, me I have been made redundant 3 times in last 20 years, not nice, having to keep starting again, bit like Mitch Clark who probably though his footy career was over

Your personal work history has nothing to do with anything mate!

the difference between you and most of us is that you love the players more than you do the club. The club goes first. If anybody pulls a shifty on this club they go on my sh1tlist forever. Clark's shifty is one of the biggest in the history of the AFL and I really mean that. The idea that anyone could apologise for him is staggering to me. Have you stopped for a second to think how incredibly handy it would be to have a key forward of Coleman medal ability on our list right now? That could be worth who knows, 5 or 6 wins? Maybe more? What about having somebody for Hogan to come up alongside with? What's that worth? Given our precarious state of existence and urgent need to improve, this is a HUGE thing we have missed out on - if Clark had done the obvious, decent thing to do and rejoined us we would be deadset contenders for the finals and that is something all of us very much deserve after a decade of putting up with utter garbage - and we have missed out on not by bad luck but by the selfless actions of a despicable individual who has betrayed us all. It makes my blood boil every time I think about it.

I don't, I just treat as human beings

How do you know it was shifty, were you at all the meetings?

No, you weren't and neither was I, it is all past history now as Nasher says, but hey the hair shirts haven't had an airing for a while

You are drawing a very long bow if you think Clark on his own would have made the difference with us being contenders, don't forget most on here still think our list needs even more pruning to become the equal of even a middling AFL Club, fanciful in the least

We have a forward of Coleman winning ability, his name is Hogan, as long as we let him develop, without the saviour moniker hanging over him, imagine if his back injury forced him to retire this year, but then there was a breakthrough in the treatment so in a year or two and he was able to return, but at home in WA, what would the reaction be, or is that different?

Well yah boo sucks.....I may throw my handbag down and go and stand in a corner

Thats why we get bent over like we do.

Well yah boo sucks.....I may throw my handbag down and go and stand in a corner

TDI, the derision in your posts in many threads is getting boring. It isn't necessary and it is not becoming. In fact, it undoes all the good work in your training reports.

This thread was going along fine with any angst aimed at MC, generally respectfully. Now you've turned your angst onto a fellow poster with this rather juvenile jibe.

Sorry to criticise your posting TDI but sometimes you go OTT!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Curry & Beer, on 13 Mar 2015 - 2:19 PM, said:

You seen to be a very angry man C&B.........Any thing I can help with??......

TDI, the derision in your posts in many threads is getting boring. It isn't necessary and it is not becoming. In fact, it undoes all the good work in your training reports.

This thread was going along fine with any angst aimed at MC, generally respectfully. Now you've turned your angst onto a fellow poster with this rather juvenile jibe.

Sorry to criticise your posting TDI but sometimes you go OTT!

He earned it, beg to differ that a lot of the bile is respectful, this is 4 or 5 pages of 'poor poor us' again

It's a new season we have a lot to look forward to, their best defender Talia went to Hawkins and did a job on him, opposition teams will work out a way to counter both, but that is for Geelong supporters to worry about

If you don't like the derision, don't read my posts, I don't read of a lot of other posters, the list is becoming too long to type who they are

Edit, I have tried to learn, get told off by my lady, but sometimes just can't help myself, old habits die hard, and as I have said before, don't care a jot whether anybody likes what I put anyway

Edited by The Devil Inside

I don't, I just treat as human beings

How do you know it was shifty, were you at all the meetings?

No, you weren't and neither was I, it is all past history now as Nasher says, but hey the hair shirts haven't had an airing for a while

You are drawing a very long bow if you think Clark on his own would have made the difference with us being contenders, don't forget most on here still think our list needs even more pruning to become the equal of even a middling AFL Club, fanciful in the least

We have a forward of Coleman winning ability, his name is Hogan, as long as we let him develop, without the saviour moniker hanging over him, imagine if his back injury forced him to retire this year, but then there was a breakthrough in the treatment so in a year or two and he was able to return, but at home in WA, what would the reaction be, or is that different?

I don't need to be at any meetings mate. None of us do. The facts speak for themselves.

I can't believe you are arguing 'we are carp anyway, whats the point of having an elite KPF' is that seriously what you are saying? He is deadset worth 6 wins at least on his own, anyone who says otherwise has no idea about football.

I can't believe you are discussing some Hogan hypothetical, it is not relevant mate, we are talking about CLARK and WHAT HE DID

You seen to be a very angry man C&B.........Any thing I can help with??......

You don't love the club as much as I do and/or you don't understand the injustice of the blow we have been dealt

If you did you would be equally as angry

Welcome to the boards.

I don't think its that alone. It's more that "it's better for my health to go to a nother club, a winning club" That doesn't sit well with most people I believe.

He has gamed the system and it's wrong. The fact he was also our most talented player also hurts. The fact that we have seen our most talented players over the years fall victim to some freakish things. (Jurrah, Jakovich, Tingay, Schwartz etc etc) also compunds the angst.

Clark's reasoning never sat well with a lot of people here and so why they have some empathy for mental illness the line that was pedalled in the opening sentence sticks in the craw.

This is exactly where I sit..