• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

Never said we were a basketcase but if you do a ladder of unattractive destinations we are arguably bottom 2. We have to show improvement up the ladder to become a more attractive proposition. The only club arguably in a worse position than us is Essendon due to its uncertain future. That's the reality. The picture of where we are at right now is not pretty.

I have faith that Roos and co will improve the picture over the next two years - the reason I say this is because if this "rebuild mark 5" under Roos doesnt work then nothing will.

I don't disagree... I've said all along that if Paul Roos can't fix this team in three years, just about nothing will. We seem to be stuck in a cycle of "draft the best young players of the year, lose our senior developed players to free agency," and other teams are more than happy to see us stuck in this position because it prolongs their dominance at the top (even if the long-term hurt this brings to the league is far more detrimental).

My initial anger at not bringing in any midfielders has tempered. I know we've butchered every single high draft pick since, like, forever... so I'm warming to the idea that FINALLY we have one of the smartest men in the AFL, Paul Roos, getting a free hit at the second and third best young players in the country, with George Stone waiting to develop them. Hard not to be excited about that.

• Like 1

ROUND 21, 2014: Melbourne vs GWS

Final Score: 3.16.34 - 15.8.98

Neville Jetta, Tom McDonald, Colin Garland

Jeremy Howe, Lynden Dunn, Daniel Cross

Bernie Vince, Jack Watts, Matt Jones

Dom Barry, James Frawley, Jack Viney

Dean Kent, Chris Dawes, Max Gawn

Mark Jamar, Nathan Jones, Dom Tyson

Christian Salem, Viv Michie, Jack Grimes, Aidan Riley

So we've traded out a grand total of.... ZERO players from the most embarrassing loss we've had since 186. Fantastic stuff.

And why the f would another side want any of those besides a handful we want to keep?

• Like 2

who is our best forward ?

The bloke who played 15 games in 3 years ?

who is our best defender ?

The bloke who played forward the majority of the year ?

Yes and yes. Neither of what you said change the validity of the statement.

They were two of our extremely few genuine quality players. Ignore that if you like though.

Longtime, first time.

Neville Jetta, Tom McDonald, Colin Garland

Jack Grimes, Sam Frost, Lynden Dunn

Bernie Vince, Jack Viney, Heriter Lumumba

Jeff Gartlett, Chris Dawes, Jack Watts

Dean Kent, Jesse Hogan, Jeremy Howe

Mark Jamar, Nathan Jones, Dom Tyson

Christian Salem, Jay Kennedy-Harris, Max Gawn, Angus Brayshaw

Stick Howe and HL off half back, Grimes and Garls may struggle to get a game.

Hawthorn can GAGF!!!

I hope we smash the living [censored] out of them when we next meet and Hogan kicks a bag on Frawley.

Yes we as supporters have been demoralised by the past but we are "Under New Ownership" now.

Attitudes like yours are exactly what Roos is weeding out of the list.

Go Dees!!!

Do it for Robbie!!!

The fact we only have one player who could get in the Hawks team isn't an attitude, its just stating a fact.

Your post above is head in the sand stuff. I hope we "smash the living [censored] out of them when we next meet" too but it's pure fantasy land.

Even Roosy can't polish a turd.

How's Hawaii Paul? Hope your living it up. Pity your MIA.

FFS .....This is the 21century There are such things as mobile phones,Skype, Face to Face ect ect ect

Roos can be in contact at all times during the trade period......Would you prefer him to be on holidays when pre season training starts????

Just get over yourself.

• Like 3

FFS .....This is the 21century There are such things as mobile phones,Skype, Face to Face ect ect ect

Roos can be in contact at all times during the trade period......Would you prefer him to be on holidays when pre season training starts????

Just get over yourself.

I just find it weird that the head coach is not here to oversee things personally. Just my gut feel. I will get over myself but I may not get over another mediocre year which seems on the cards.

Done and dusted ~ this thread will close later today and a number of others either closed or shifted to the main board so that this board will be left to further drafting either by delisted free agency, the main draft, the PSD and the rookie draft.

The Dangerfield thread will no doubt continue for another 12 months in some shape or form.

Please don't close until Grand New Flag has answered those damn riddles!

Please don't close until Grand New Flag has answered those damn riddles!

Am sure he can answer elsewhere! THE END

time for some answers GNF

Didn't you hear? Not getting pick 12 for Trengove destroyed the master plan of getting Kennedy, Dangerfield and keeping pick 2 for Brayshaw, and there was literally no way for us to get pick 12 via another means. ;)

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 1

I would like to see the moderators impose a punishment.

That he be renamed Grand New Flo g for the net 12 months

Edited by jabberwocky
  • Like 1

This thread will be Demonland folklore, even if not for the right reasons. The riddles, the big trade promises, it had it all.

And all this for a trade period that netted us Garlett, Lumumba and Frost.

As well as the jocularity!

• Like 1

If we pull a good player in the PSD, I hope everyone will remember today.

Question for those with more knowledge, can a player nominate the PSD if he isn't in the ND?

I think we did that with Jurrah a few years ago.

Are you meaning can we get a young talent to not nominate for the National Draft so as to take him in the PSD? Jurrah was a special circumstance because for whatever reason his nomination paperwork wasn't submitted and the AFL allowed him into the PSD pool. As far as I'm aware, unless there has been a rule change, the PSD draft pool will comprise players that remain uncontracted to that stage and players that went undrafted in the National Draft. In other words, unless there is a desirable uncontracted player, PSD pick 2 essentially equates to pick 80.