Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

By the way guys, I heard that Frost was homesick. Can and does affect desire and form

Personally, if StK took Frost then i would've been more than happy with Membrey!

I think you are missing the point, Mahoney was saying Saints had an interest in trading for Frost and they had a slightly better pick. They have confirmed that. They weren't saying they would take him in the PSD, as they knew and we knew, they were taking Membrey.

In other words if they did the deal with GWS for say 21, we would have lost him and then they would have got Membrey as well. They need a big defender more than us actually.

That is why we jumped and also because he could train now and we then have first live pick in the PSD.

• Like 4

Pick 23 for a player that couldnt get in to their team and was drafted as a rookie, great stuff mahoney

Lets look at the full picture shall we. Pick 23 and 2 picks back for a player who played two thirds of the year and we see as a future lynch pin of our defense. I dont see what him being a rookie has to do with his current value.

I dont understand what part of "looking at the overall outcome of the trade period and not individual picks" people dont get.

For the record I would have chanced him to the PSD but lets wait and see what we do in the PSD first.

• Like 1

Great draft period for us and we got how many mids?

Not that we need any!

Really disappointed with our trading tbh.

We will be drafting 2 very good mids and Jeff Garlett and HL can play mid for parts of a game.

I think Tom McDonald was about 53. His brother is in this year's draft.

Point being red, how hard are we culling whats left....sts. What room do we have ?

ROUND 21, 2014: Melbourne vs GWS

Final Score: 3.16.34 - 15.8.98

Neville Jetta, Tom McDonald, Colin Garland

Jeremy Howe, Lynden Dunn, Daniel Cross

Bernie Vince, Jack Watts, Matt Jones

Dom Barry, James Frawley, Jack Viney

Dean Kent, Chris Dawes, Max Gawn

Mark Jamar, Nathan Jones, Dom Tyson

Christian Salem, Viv Michie, Jack Grimes, Aidan Riley

So we've traded out a grand total of.... ZERO players from the most embarrassing loss we've had since 186. Fantastic stuff.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 2

Lets look at the full picture shall we. Pick 23 and 2 picks back for a player who played two thirds of the year and we see as a future lynch pin of our defense. I dont see what him being a rookie has to do with his current value.

I dont understand what part of "looking at the overall outcome of the trade period and not individual picks" people dont get.

For the record I would have chanced him to the PSD but lets wait and see what we do in the PSD first.

His form should have something to do with his current value. He only played due to injuries to Davis and Gilham. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he had 10 goals kicked on him twice this year. His exposed form is poor.

Edit: Only had 11 goals kicked on him by Kennedy, he was dropped when Riewoldt kicked 11 against them 2 weeks later.

Edited by Beats

that last trade between Adelaide and Geelong really pisses me off

Geelong move from pick 14 to 10 for basically no cost

Crows are bloody clueless, good job helping out a team thats won 3 flags in 7 years. What absolute charity for the Cats

• Like 1

Melbourne

B

• Neville Jetta,
  • Tom McDonald,
  • Colin Garland
HB
  • Jeremy Howe,
  • Lynden Dunn,
  • Daniel Cross
C
  • Bernie Vince,
  • Jack Watts,
  • Matt Jones
HF
  • Dom Barry,
  • James Frawley,
  • Jack Viney
F
  • Dean Kent,
  • Chris Dawes,
  • Max Gawn
Fol
  • Mark Jamar,
  • Nathan Jones,
  • Dom Tyson
I/C
  • Christian Salem,
  • Viv Michie,
  • Jack Grimes
Sub
  • Aidan Riley
So we've traded out a grand total of.... ZERO players from the most embarrassing loss we've had since 186. Fantastic stuff.

Frawley no longer there though.....that must be the difference!

If we pull a good player in the PSD, I hope everyone will remember today.

Question for those with more knowledge, can a player nominate the PSD if he isn't in the ND?

I think we did that with Jurrah a few years ago.

Its infuriating isnt it?

That game was diabolical, and to think GWS will add Ryan Griffen, Joel Patfull and picks 4, 6 and 7 to that team

How are we meant to compete with that?

• Like 1

Chip for 3.

Those that played that day were amongst our best at that time, so obviously you trade or replace your worst, those not good enough be be beaten soundly by GWS. Now redo that team list with the new ins such as Lumumba, Garlett, Frost, Stretch and a couple more decent midfielders and you have a very different side.

If we pull a good player in the PSD, I hope everyone will remember today.

Question for those with more knowledge, can a player nominate the PSD if he isn't in the ND?

I think we did that with Jurrah a few years ago.

Yes they can

Pick 23 for a player that couldnt get in to their team and was drafted as a rookie, great stuff mahoney

So he played 16 secret games this year ?

What difference does it make where a player was drafted ? That is a single point time and bear no reflection to their actual output - Fyfe was pick 20 and is arguably one of the best footballers in the league - Scully went no 1 and ewwwwwwww...

• Like 7

Those that played that day were amongst our best at that time, so obviously you trade or replace your worst, those not good enough be be beaten soundly by GWS. Now redo that team list with the new ins such as Lumumba, Garlett, Frost, Stretch and a couple more decent midfielders and you have a very different side.

Also please include Hogan

If thats the case and Frost wanted to go the MFC, why wouldnt he just nominate for the PSD only.

Can only ask him and MFC that. Besides as I said earlier we could have eyes on someone else for PSD