Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

So how much is a brownlow winner worth on the trade table?

I dunno. What did we get for Woey?

Edit: I looked it up. Collingwoods first round pick (which we used on Daniel Bell) and we paid Woey for another three years to play for an opposition team.

Great..... Just great.

Edited by Robot Devil
  • Like 2

Your Judd example explains exactly why we need to offer him large coin. 850 will not do it.

Who said we only have 850k of space? We only paid the minimum cap this year, with next years minimum rising, the total cap rising, & teams who don't use the full cap being able to 'bank' it & go beyond the cap by that amount the following year. Helps to know the rules. That plus savings on delistings, Byrnes retirement & not having anyone else who commands super huge dollars at the club, I have no doubt we could go to $1m+ on the RIGHT player. Can the club afford to spend more than it did this year on players? It can if that player draws a crowd & helps us win some games from his first year at the club & this would be the RIGHT type of player to pay that kind of $ to. Danger is one of the few players in the league who would do that. And as Peter Jackson kept attempting the impossible getting Roos to the club, so we should keep trying to attract the best in the land to play for us no matter how 'realistic' you or Pickett think it is.

ND2 and ND3 is steep but what else is involved in the deal?

We don't know.

And what we do know is getting a player like Dangerfield makes us better right away, rather than waiting for a couple of teenagers to deliver in 3-5 years time.

He, as was confirmed tonight by the umpires, is one of the premier mids in the game.

That is going to cost you, in more ways than one...

• Like 2

Hope Vince gets on the juice hard with Danger following the Brownlow tonight.

This is when the real discussions can be had and commitments then made.

Screw that!

I hope Roos gets on the gas hard and spikes his drink so when he passes out he grabs his hand and signs it on the dotted line.

• Like 4

Who said we only have 850k of space? We only paid the minimum cap this year, with next years minimum rising, the total cap rising, & teams who don't use the full cap being able to 'bank' it & go beyond the cap by that amount the following year. Helps to know the rules. That plus savings on delistings, Byrnes retirement & not having anyone else who commands super huge dollars at the club, I have no doubt we could go to $1m+ on the RIGHT player. Can the club afford to spend more than it did this year on players? It can if that player draws a crowd & helps us win some games from his first year at the club & this would be the RIGHT type of player to pay that kind of $ to. Danger is one of the few players in the league who would do that. And as Peter Jackson kept attempting the impossible getting Roos to the club, so we should keep trying to attract the best in the land to play for us no matter how 'realistic' you or Pickett think it is.

Settle down...I wasnt suggesting we only had 850k of space...read some earlier posts

Pick 2 and 3 for Dangerfield and Pick 10, would do it in a heartbeat.

do you think they would though?

I think if they were giving any picks back, it would be a second rounder at best

• Like 1

LET'S DO THE MATHS!

I think we have to calculate how Adelaide can get a better deal this year than if they are to lose him to Free Agency next year.

If they lost him next year to us or anyone else they would get a band 1 compensation - on the basis it's still around. That would be the pick directly after their first pick in the 2015 National Draft.

So if they were to finish on the bottom of the ladder - with Dangerfield playing at the crows in 2015, they would get pick 2 (only) as FA compensation. In saying that if he played there next year (alongside Sloane, Walker, Talia, Smith, B.Crouch, Jacobs, etc.) I highly doubt they would finish anywhere in the bottom 3 let alone the bottom 5.

Therefore at best, they would be getting ~ Pick 6 for Dangerfield in 2015.

So pick 2 alone in 2014 could honestly be enough, that is already far higher than what they'll be getting in 2015. However a sweetener (like a player) will be required because what would stop the Saints jumping in and offering Pick 1.

In saying that pick 2 and 3 is completely ludicrous! YES I want Dangerfield as much as the rest of you, however based on the mathematics, pick 2 & 3 bares far too much currency where each can be used individually to attract an A or soon to be A grader of the competition with additional player or later pick sweeteners.

• Like 3

Therefore at best, they would be getting ~ Pick 6 for Dangerfield in 2015.

So pick 2 alone in 2014 could honestly be enough, that is already far higher than what they'll be getting in 2015. However a sweetener (like a player) will be required because what would stop the Saints jumping in and offering Pick 1.

Would Adelaide be prepared to sacrifice a measly 4 draft positions for the privelege of having Danger for another year? I'd think so. A sweetner will be needed.

Let's just hope Saints keep their noses out of this

Would Adelaide be prepared to sacrifice a measly 4 draft positions for the privelege of having Danger for another year? I'd think so. A sweetner will be needed.

Let's just hope Saints keep their noses out of this

Let's say they make another push for finals next year (if he was to stay) but I highly doubt they would finish top 4 and probably just scrape into the 8.

They would be getting ~ pick 10.

Next year their compensation would likely range anywhere from Pick 5 - Pick 12.