• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Where to now for the MFC

JV7

:lol: I have to laugh!!

Everyone says clean out lets trade and get rid of the Garbage

The whole point is: the meaning of a trade is to get something in return of equal value if not better :blink:

Thats okay from our perspective obviously we want something better , but truly in all honesty ??

Who would trade anything for the bunch of hacks we currently have playing football for us , I cant see why anyclub would want to trade with us unless they have even worse hacks :lol:

And to be honest there are not to many clubs that have as bad as hacks as what we do at the moment . :(

As I said before I look forward to getting my Free membership in the mail :)

Ill take a full picnic lunch in the future and a good book to read . Oh and every now and then Ill put my head up when the opposition gets the ball, nothing like some lighthearted

entertainment on a weekend afternoon :cool:

Sadly it is going to take three years to make the necessary changes DS

Roos's lack of commitment and dead line on his coaching role is very bothering.

You will probably still get 2 to 1 adc.

If you can it is a sure bet in fact even money is probably a good bet.

The way I see it, if I bet $100 for WC to kick the sweep I might win enough money to buy the jar of jam. If we play out the game at an AFL standard to our best abilities we may just get under the 40 point losing spread. I wonder what incentive we need for us to play at out best.

Roos's lack of commitment and dead line on his coaching role is very bothering.

He has probably taken on the toughest gig in the AFL. He is under no illusions as to just how tough the job is. He always said - from the get go - he was in for 2 years with an option for a third. He has just recently exercised that option in our favour. Not sure how you come to the conclusion you have. It is time to stop bashing coaches, that have had to deal with the spasticity that has been the MFC for so long.

The way I see it, if I bet $100 for WC to kick the sweep I might win enough money to buy the jar of jam. If we play out the game at an AFL standard to our best abilities we may just get under the 40 point losing spread. I wonder what incentive we need for us to play at out best.

Now that is the $64 question adc.

How does the MFC achieve a 64 point loss to GWS ( with 19 players ) and a week before a 50 point loss to Hawthorn?

It beggars belief.

Edited by old dee

The feeling around the place right now can't be very good. Two thirds of them won't know if they'll be at the club next year, which for a lot of them will mean the end of their AFL career.

It can't be an environment that lends itself to a unified feeling. This has to be taken into account when attempting to explain yesterday's abomination.

The feeling around the place right now can't be very good. Two thirds of them won't know if they'll be at the club next year, which for a lot of them will mean the end of their AFL career.

It can't be an environment that lends itself to a unified feeling. This has to be taken into account when attempting to explain yesterday's abomination.

Some sanity at last!!!!!!

He has probably taken on the toughest gig in the AFL. He is under no illusions as to just how tough the job is. He always said - from the get go - he was in for 2 years with an option for a third. He has just recently exercised that option in our favour. Not sure how you come to the conclusion you have. It is time to stop bashing coaches, that have had to deal with the spasticity that has been the MFC for so long.

I came to that conclusion through asking the question 'what other coach is on a deadline?', in particular one that they have set themselves.

Roos has now had a year to come to grips with his playing group. I assume he has marked the papers of a few. As he said in his press conference "It's pretty simple, if you you can't keep up, you know, you don't stay on a senior list." We shall see how the trading period goes.

Point is, who will come to the club? last year Roos gave plenty of hope. There aint none now.

Club is broken and I doubt it can be fixed. N Jones and a couple of others should get out while they have a chance of success. God knows they deserve to enjoy their "job" a bit.

Oh P-man I am so so so so over making excuses for our players.

For Four years we have made all sorts of excuses for them.

The simple fact is at least half would not be on any other AFL list.

Oh P-man I am so so so so over making excuses for our players.

For Four years we have made all sorts of excuses for them.

The simple fact is at least half would not be on any other AFL list.

I realise that mate but when you get overrun by half a bottom side with 60 rotations, that's more than just ability. As bad as we've been, we've played ten times better this season than that garbage.

I realise that mate but when you get overrun by half a bottom side with 60 rotations, that's more than just ability. As bad as we've been, we've played ten times better this season than that garbage.

Last week P-man

I don't see any alternative dr do you?

Nope, we have to go back to the draft and start again. No point trying to top up, you might grab a couple of delisted free agents but that is about it. So we have the same thinking as St Kilda, try to get 4 picks inside the top 25 this year, picks 2,3,20 and trade out Watts for 25ish. Third Round Stretch, Jetta Upgrade. 6 players plus a couple of delisted free agents, turnover 7-8 this season. 4 players with above trading free agency gone in Clark, Byrnes, Frawley and Watts, leaves another 4. The year after another 6-8 players, Roos goes and we basically have a new playing list bar hopefully a core 12-15 players, so when he leaves we are back at base camp again

Nope, we have to go back to the draft and start again. No point trying to top up, you might grab a couple of delisted free agents but that is about it. So we have the same thinking as St Kilda, try to get 4 picks inside the top 25 this year, picks 2,3,20 and trade out Watts for 25ish. Third Round Stretch, Jetta Upgrade. 6 players plus a couple of delisted free agents, turnover 7-8 this season. 4 players with above trading free agency gone in Clark, Byrnes, Frawley and Watts, leaves another 4. The year after another 6-8 players, Roos goes and we basically have a new playing list bar hopefully a core 12-15 players, so when he leaves we are back at base camp again

Once again, our problems are far more ingrained than having a list turnover cure our ills.

Why is Nathan Jones untouchable?

He has been underwhelming as captain.

Unfortunately, the fat needs to be cut away. Anyone that has been part of and led this team to its losing culture over the past 8 years must be moved on. He's been at the forefront of it. He's the best player in a crap team and he's still very average. Tyson is already ten times the player Jones is.

I don't disregard the guy's effort, but he has zero clue how to win a game of football, or how to empower his teammates. He leads his team off with his head down.

How many times have we seen this image?

286927-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

If rumours about the coaching group being underwhelmed with him as captain are true, he should be no safer than any other player that has arrived at the club between 2006-2012. It's that playing group that has produced the current quality we see now. They should all be moved on.

I'm sick of sticking up for these dropkicks. It's the same damn players, every year!

Edited by praha

You're still going on with this? Trading Jones is INSANITY.

The only circumstances in which it would be a good idea is if you want to kill the club.

Your target is the single last person in line who should be a target.

• Like 3

You're still going on with this? Trading Jones is INSANITY.

The only circumstances in which it would be a good idea is if you want to kill the club.

Your target is the single last person in line who should be a target.

YEP

We n to bring in at least 20 players this off season. Only way to burn this losing culture is to change the list as much as we can. Even do like for like trades but it needs to be done. Trengove Toumpas Grimes Watts Howe Garland Tmac Kent should all be traded. The other 12 delisted and replaced with FA rookies drafts VFL players whatever we can do. Biggest turn over the better.

Why is Nathan Jones untouchable?

He has been underwhelming as captain.

Unfortunately, the fat needs to be cut away. Anyone that has been part of and led this team to its losing culture over the past 8 years must be moved on. He's been at the forefront of it. He's the best player in a crap team and he's still very average. Tyson is already ten times the player Jones is.

I don't disregard the guy's effort, but he has zero clue how to win a game of football, or how to empower his teammates. He leads his team off with his head down.

How many times have we seen this image?

286927-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

If rumours about the coaching group being underwhelmed with him as captain are true, he should be no safer than any other player that has arrived at the club between 2006-2012. It's that playing group that has produced the current quality we see now. They should all be moved on.

I'm sick of sticking up for these dropkicks. It's the same damn players, every year!

love his loyalty courage and endeavour but you are right terrible kick always turns back for the easy get out we complain about poor delivery to the forwards he and vince are the main culprits,would love to see nat in a good team