• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion - Round 15

Demonland

Nonsense. Soft as butter in any number of one on ones. Lost out and let the doggies have nice clean possession. I get it about class, but I really don't know if our team can't afford a player who cant win his own ball.

Spelling edit

Yep...he's Mr 2 Face and has yet to prove he is up to this level once the ball hits the ground or in a one on one aerial dual. Falls over way too easily like a young rooky in his 1st season.. Problem is he aint a young rooky in his 1st season anymore.

Personally i would put him out to pasture now....maybe play him 2 out of 3 games, definitely retire him early at season's end as well and tell him to start bulking up and working on his core strength on the off weeks/end of season for the remainder of this season in order to give him a head start into next year.

We all know Wattsy doesn't lack or need more 'skill' training. He needs core strength and some brute force/power through the legs in order to win more one on ones/take more contested marks.and work off his opponent when on the lead instead of falling over so often.

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 2

This all goes back to that thread some little whiles ago where it was suggested in order to have a truly good team, one that not only is competitive ( and quite frankly....f that for acceptable ) but a winning one would probably need half our list replaced.

And it does

We will continue to languish until we get rid of the deadwood we've accumulated at the club and we are only kidding ourselves if we think we have a talented bunch of kids coming through.

It's well documented that we have picked poorly, but it's starting to really bite now when we don't have any decent players waiting to take the place of those that are simply not up to it.

It's not just Casey players that we have a problem with, it's the high picks that are struggling to dominate games at that level.

• Like 2

Didn't you see him (along with Vince and Jones finally winning the ball) pretty much engineer our come back with clever running and getting the ball in to space or himself getting the ball in space. 1 shanked kick, 1 shanked kick for goal and some improvement needed in one on ones sure. But overall he was pretty good.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree, the mistakes outweighed the good for mine

Am not the Toumps #1 card holder for sure but this makes much sense. We lack class in disposal and Jimmy has a nice kick. I really am not sure what messrs Bail Nicholson or Terlich do for our list at all , other than clog it

Toumps is just too slow. And when he's tired, which is most of the time, he may as well not even be on the ground.

That's the only reason these other guys get in the team in front of him.

Clearly Roosy prioritises pace at the moment, and that's something we just don't have enough of, especially with all the big fellas playing.

• Like 1

a bit depressing losing to the most irrelevant side in the competition twice in one season

I am sure Richmond fans felt the same way about us beating them twice in 2010...similar situation this time around where dogs are about a year ahead of us in terms of development and skill

I don't think Toumpas reads the play that well, he just can't get the footy. I actually would like to see him trialled at half back before the year is out. We are crying out for a 'distributor' in that position.

I think he does Sylvia, when he can. And that's mostly early into his stint on the ground as i'm not sure his tank is up to AFL level yet. Should improve with 1 or 2 more pre seasons. But he does get into the spaces well early i believe. Just runs out of puff fairly quickly into the 2nd half of matches which impacts his general play.

Am not the Toumps #1 card holder for sure but this makes much sense. We lack class in disposal and Jimmy has a nice kick. I really am not sure what messrs Bail Nicholson or Terlich do for our list at all , other than clog it

I'm not either BZ but yeh, a slight step up on these 3 IMO. Might not be the answer long term either but i'd rather see him out there developing in the cauldron vs those 3 at present.

I still think Terlich is a slim chance of improving his disposal/decision making (preferably at Casey though). At least i hope so. He at least gives us some run off HB at times albeit the disposal decision making often lets him down. I don't hold out much hope for the other 2 though. Seen enough now. And M Jones isn't far behind :wacko:

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1

Fock it,lets just get pick 1 and pick the best kid

Hang on,we stuff that up every year too

Dumb recruiting breeds dumb players/dumb decision makers

I pray Chip is gone,give me pick 3-4 any day for him

• Like 1

These next few weeks could will get nasty

Funny thing though as bad as we played we only lost by 6 points.

Once we either stop or minimise drastically our turnovers we ain't gunna win much.

You can't give even irrelevant bottom sides a 40 odd point head start...

• Like 4

Robbery is what good teams do often. They just find a way to win... We just cannot stay composed in the heat of battle to pinch a win.

So you missed hearing about the time we beat the drug cheats a couple of weeks back?

Main positive is the come back - in previous years would have lost by 100 after such a poor start. Need to get some players with decent skills onto our list.

Yes - the come back was good...pity was that we got so far behind in the first place though.

One cannot win a game when only playing for just over a half.

I mean you wouldnt be saying this if he was in the team by gifting him games.

What we are trying to do is make him work on specific things in the VFL before he gets consistent games.

Rather than play and he goes averagely, we'd rather him come back strong and full of confidence

(Presuming this refers to Toumpas) - the worry to me is that young players spending too much time at Casey risks them becoming demoralised, and not really learning.

Wouldn't surprise me if Roos brought a few of the young guys in in dribs and drabs over the remainder of the season to spare them the toxicity (though to be realistic I don't see too many wins for the seniors either.) At least they will be playing with the better players, and against better players from whom to learn.

Not sure about that. Yeah he's a good team orientated player but he's coming on when the game is to be won. He seems a step behind play and used his athleticism to catch blokes when he could. And he didn't seem sure of himself to take the game on.

I'm not saying we lose because of Barry. But presuming we get to the same stage in the game if we could've brought Salem or JKH on we probably win.

Maybe another week for Barry but I still think he has a lot of work to go. Eventually he could be a really good defensive half forward with his pace, fitness and defensive midset, similar to Matty White at Port. But I don't think he's ready.

FCS - the guys was out there in the heat of it in his first and only quarter of senior AFL footy. Lets not get too analytical.

Is there any chance that in a "Post Match Discussion" thread that we only talk about what happened IN the match and not about what trades we have or haven't done.

I mean really FFS we don't need to go over old ground on every farting thread.

Geez.

It has been all down hill since we let Barassi go :-(((((

Apologies if this has already been posted, but Peddo's push in the back was dumb football.....he had his opponent done cold, yet when he won the contest, he collapsed straight into his back.

Anyhoo, saw Jesse Hogan cruise by as I was enjoying a coldie and he's a big unit....very happy!

Apologies if this has already been posted, but Peddo's push in the back was dumb football.....he had his opponent done cold, yet when he won the contest, he collapsed straight into his back.

Anyhoo, saw Jesse Hogan cruise by as I was enjoying a coldie and he's a big unit....very happy!

Yes and no. Should've been holding the ball. And then he fell behind his opponent but clambered over him to get the ball.

Now my take on footy is if you are lying on the ground then you can half expect someone to come over you to get the footy. I don't see why that's in the back. It's different if you land in someones back but I thought Dunstall had it right when he said Pedersen was just going the ball. And had it doubly right when he said it should've been holding the ball.

• Like 1

Im gonna actually stick up for Frawley now. It was his fault in the Bontempelli goal. He had 4 Melbourne guys behind him watching him get the ball. There was ABSOLUTELY NO talk to him to say his hot. No one even pushed over to try and sheppard him.

Rohan bail needs a foot up the ass out of all that. Got brushed aside by a skinny 18 year old in an attempt to tackle

• Like 1

PR: Jack, your skills are crucial so you're excused from contests.

JW: No problem, I'll work on my running and then falling over.

Is that what I said? Is that what anyone has said?

He still has work to do in contested ball situations, and marking one-on-ones. But in a team that is full of very sub-standard skill, he stands out in that regard and it would be nice if people would recognise that he has what we need more than he is lacking in other areas.

Yes and no. Should've been holding the ball. And then he fell behind his opponent but clambered over him to get the ball.

Now my take on footy is if you are lying on the ground then you can half expect someone to come over you to get the footy. I don't see why that's in the back. It's different if you land in someones back but I thought Dunstall had it right when he said Pedersen was just going the ball. And had it doubly right when he said it should've been holding the ball.

I'm hearing what you're saying, but it looked bloody clumsy and lacked finesse.....I just knew the ump was going to pay it.

I think we are going to c a number of changes at selection again this wk.

It Seems Roos one or two changes has stopped as evidenced with this round.

IMO he will now look at the full list under game day pressure to c who can and can not play to his liking.

Another big player change over again at the end of this season.

Just for something different I would love not to change over a lot of players at the end of the season and not look forward to the end of the season.

And Tyson had another stinker. He is so slow to get ball to boot and often clumsy in his attack on the man.

And refuses to kick with his right foot.

Cost us a fair bit of momentum a couple of times by constantly turning back into traffic to get on his left foot.

• Like 1

And refuses to kick with his right foot.

Cost us a fair bit of momentum a couple of times by constantly turning back into traffic to get on his left foot.

He is very ordinary, on his left, when he has to pinpoint a pass, but on the run, having a shot for goal he's quite good.

But you're right, he would have sent us forward more often if he had a right foot and if didn't try to break through and passed it off a bit more we could have won the game.

He'll learn, just like Jones did that it's not always the best option to just try and barge through.

Edited by RobbieF
  • Like 2

Tyson does get caught a bit, but then he is in the middle of the pack with someone hanging off his coat tails all day long, he needs more support from those around him to help him get the time to dispose of the ball. JHK going back to Casey seems to have worked for him putting in a pretty good performance on Saturday by all accounts in a poor display from Casey. Re the coach at Casey not liking the Roos plan, well his plan does not seem to be doing much, dont see him getting too many offers with what he is doing with Casey, maybe if he worked more closely with Roos our players would have a more consistent game plan playing a different game style in Casey and MFC is likely to get them confused.

We play a lot of the top sides in the next 5 weeks or so, so it will be interesting to see how the players respond, I am not expect us to win any but I would like to see us play a better brand of football than the crap that they dished out today. Roos maybe giving some of the fringe players a bit of chance to see if they can step up to AFL level he does after all need to free up some spots on our list. Today would have given him a bit more of an idea about a couple of players value, or lack thereof

s

Good point, D. This was Jones last year. I'd like to think that with a season and a few more games under his belt, he'll start to learn to take that first option. Hopefully, he'll also get a few more foils too.

• Like 3