Mid-Year All-Australian Teams

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mark Robinson's Team: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/herald-sun-chief-football-writer-mark-robinson-names-his-midyear-allaustralian-team/story-fni5f0at-1226951129043

Rohan Connolly's Team: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/allaustralian-midyear-team-an-even-affair-20140610-zs39p.html

FWIW, here's mine:

FB: Nick Smith (Syd) Jack Frost (Col) Michael Johnson (Fre)

HB: Nick Malceski (Syd) Cale Hooker (Ess) Kade Simpson (Car)

C: Dayne Beams (Col) Josh Kennedy (Syd) Joel Selwood (Gee)

HF: Luke Parker (Syd) Jack Gunston (Haw) Brent Harvey (Nor)

FF: Robbie Gray (Por) Tom Hawkins (Gee) Luke Breust (Haw)

Foll: Aaron Sandilands (Fre) Scott Pendlebury (Col) Gary Ablett (Gol)

I/C: Nathan Jones (Mel) Tom Rockliff (Bri) Dion Prestia (Gol) Brodie Smith (Ade)/ Jay Schulz (Por) Depending on the need for a 'third' key tall forward

Tear it to shreds...

Edited by Guest

I think that's pretty good! I think you've nailed the mids (particularly with the interchange).

The only one change I would have straight off the bat would be Parker or Bruest out for Dangerfield on the half forward line.

Also the defenders/ half back line could be played around with a little bit, and Gunston at CHF is questionable.

But overall a very nice job. :)

For Dunn to make it, it would mean he has to continue to improve and/or maintain his current form, while at the same time, the guys already listed will have to drop off.

I don't think Dunn will make it based on the latter part of that, but I hope he pushes because of the former part.

Mark Robinson's Team: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/herald-sun-chief-football-writer-mark-robinson-names-his-midyear-allaustralian-team/story-fni5f0at-1226951129043

Rohan Connolly's Team: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/allaustralian-midyear-team-an-even-affair-20140610-zs39p.html

FWIW, here's mine:

FB: Nick Smith (Syd) Jack Frost (Col) Michael Johnson (Fre)

HB: Nick Malceski (Syd) Cale Hooker (Ess) Kade Simpson (Car)

C: Dayne Beams (Col) Josh Kennedy (Syd) Joel Selwood (Gee)

HF: Luke Parker (Syd) Jack Gunston (Haw) Brent Harvey (Nor)

FF: Robbie Gray (Por) Tom Hawkins (Gee) Luke Breust (Haw)

Foll: Aaron Sandilands (Fre) Scott Pendlebury (Col) Gary Ablett (Gol)

I/C: Nathan Jones (Mel) Tom Rockliff (Bri) Dion Prestia (Gol) Brodie Smith (Ade)/ Jay Schulz (Por) Depending on the need for a 'third' key tall forward

Tear it to shreds...

I would not have Brodie Smith, as he has had an average month.

Other than that, that's a great team

Here's mine,

My mid year AA Team

Backs: Lynden Dunn Cale Hooker Tom Langdon

Half Back: Shaun Burgoyne Michael Johnson Michael Hibberd

Centre: Jarred Polec Josh Kennedy Dayne Beams

Half Forward: Tom Rockliff Nick Reiwoldt Luke Bruest

Forwards: Robbie Grey Tom Hawkins Jamie Elliott

Followers: Aaron Sandilands, Gary Ablett & Scott Pendlebury

Interchange: Nathan Jones, Travis Boak, Jack Gunstan & Matthew Lobbe

Unlucky Chad Wingard, Jay Schulz, Eric Mckenzie & Stevie J

FB: L. Dunn C. Hooker Michael Johnson

HB: Nick Smith M. Hibberd Kade Simpson

C: Dayne Beams Josh Kennedy Joel Selwood

HF: Luke Parker Jack Gunston Chad Wingard

FF: Robbie Gray Tom Hawkins Luke Breust

Foll: Aaron Sandilands Scott Pendlebury Gary Ablett

I/C: Nathan Jones Sam Jacobs Dion Prestia Jared Polec

Great, I just voted and I'm he only one not to have Chunk in my mid-year AA team.

I had to vote "No" as I don't think he is in the 6 (inc interchange) in the league in the position he plays. He would absolutely be an emergency.

This will most likely be a more controversial post than those that have Dunn in their AA team to this point.

Sorry!

Great, I just voted and I'm he only one not to have Chunk in my mid-year AA team.

I had to vote "No" as I don't think he is in the 6 (inc interchange) in the league in the position he plays. He would absolutely be an emergency.

This will most likely be a more controversial post than those that have Dunn in their AA team to this point.

Sorry!

Leave Demonland, and go to Big Footy, you'll be remembered as a horrible, horrible man, worse than Machsy.

Sorry!

Can i ask why?

He has categorically been better than Selwood this year? He has been as good as Rockliff and Prestia..

The only reason people wouldnt have him in their team is off his previous years not being at AA level.

I am the first person to say that when you're not at that level you dont deserve to be in AA, but he is at that level and deserves to be in the team.

There are 396 approx. players in contention ( 18 x 22 best from each team )

You then have to pick 22 it stands to reason that there are going to be a number that you could argue should be in the side instead of those nominated.

In the case of the MFC the only real contender is N Jones, he makes in one side.

I am not unhappy.

lets see how many we have in June 2015!

There are 396 approx. players in contention ( 18 x 22 best from each team )

You then have to pick 22 it stands to reason that there are going to be a number that you could argue should be in the side instead of those nominated.

In the case of the MFC the only real contender is N Jones, he makes in one side.

I am not unhappy.

lets see how many we have in June 2015!

As poor as we have been since 2007 in 2010 we had 2 in the final side and Greeny made the 40man Squad.

Still believe Jones is currently a definite for the final 22 if his form holds up and Dunn would be unlucky at this stage to miss out and is very much a contender. Tyson would be in consideration for 40man Squad IMO

• Like 2

As poor as we have been since 2007 in 2010 we had 2 in the final side and Greeny made the 40man Squad.

Still believe Jones is currently a definite for the final 22 if his form holds up and Dunn would be unlucky at this stage to miss out and is very much a contender. Tyson would be in consideration for 40man Squad IMO

Excellent point Pennant - I too believe Dunn should right in contention as a defender!

more rubbish dependent more on where the team is on the ladder and the number of supporters it has than the actual value of the player

don't see Niknat anywhere, you would think he should be rewarded again for getting 4 kicks a game