• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GOODBYE MR. CHIP FRAWLEY

Frawley  

433 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree with your sentiment, but unfortunately the way the AFL is going there will be less "developing and keeping players" and more "buying what we need".

I have no problems with taking overs on offer of that improves our last in the short and medium term and helps us in our goal of winning a flag.

While Frawley is a good player and very valuable to us, I believe we can win a flag in the next 4 years without him. He isn't as critical to our success as others. And if we can get a good return and improve our position then so be it.

I agree with your sentiment, but unfortunately the way the AFL is going there will be less "developing and keeping players" and more "buying what we need".

I have no problems with taking overs on offer of that improves our last in the short and medium term and helps us in our goal of winning a flag.

While Frawley is a good player and very valuable to us, I believe we can win a flag in the next 4 years without him. He isn't as critical to our success as others. And if we can get a good return and improve our position then so be it.

Dont disagree with any of that . What I do disagree with is trading out a player because you don't think you can keep him in two years time !!!

That quote makes me throw up in my mouth.

But its true. Why do posters lose sleep over players re-signing ? It is out of everyones control except the player. Players will re-sign, players will leave, we will trade in and trade out. Thats the way of the AFL and I wont lose a minute sleep over Frawley signing or not signing.

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 3

Guys, in these situations you cant think about what makes sense when trying to determine a players decision. The key is to ignore that and just focus on body language and such indicators. Trying to forecast a players decision based on what you think is right is pointless. The body language and visual indicators tell the story.

Forget about what you think would appeal to him. The facts are that his reason for holding out doesn't hold water any more. The silence and lack of decision is very telling

• Like 1

. The body language and visual indicators tell the story

And it tells me what it always tells me . Chip has never been good in front of the camera.

Look at any Frawley interview and it is full of umms and ahhs and stutters. The man has never been a natural media performer.

Doesn't mean he is staying or going - I just wouldn't read into his body language at all.

• Like 5

Just watched the video...... Gawnski

Now his requirements are to wait to see if the club is going in the right direction 100% of the time. His reason for leaving has been removed slightly so has had to verbally 'raise the bar'. Dont blame him and he seems a good bloke. Just not falling for it

I'm undecided. I'd like him to stay because he is a very good backman, and they don't grow on tree, but at the same time I have faith that the current regime will maximise our compo and that we can also fill the gap of no Chip.

I'm in the odd position of thinking that no matter what happens we'll do OK out of it.

I'm undecided. I'd like him to stay because he is a very good backman, and they don't grow on tree, but at the same time I have faith that the current regime will maximise our compo and that we can also fill the gap of no Chip.

I'm in the odd position of thinking that no matter what happens we'll do OK out of it.

I feel exactly the same way. the compo for FA must be retained. Otherwise clubs like ours would be screwed

• Like 1

100% he has received an offer from Fremantle. Still wants to stay a demon but will see how we finish the season off.

Don't ask my source as I can't reveal.

Not sure why anyone would go to freo, I mean they are a strong side but about to lose, Mundy, Sandilands, Pavlich, mcpharlane,

Fyfe not re-signed,

If they don't win a flag this year I think they will seriously struggle as I am of the opinion Mundy will leave at the end of the year.

• Like 2

Not sure why anyone would go to freo, I mean they are a strong side but about to lose, Mundy, Sandilands, Pavlich, mcpharlane,

Fyfe not re-signed,

If they don't win a flag this year I think they will seriously struggle as I am of the opinion Mundy will leave at the end of the year.

They still have plenty of talent - and Ross Lyon has shown that he maybe cant win the big one but he consistently gets teams playing finals.

They still have plenty of talent - and Ross Lyon has shown that he maybe cant win the big one but he consistently gets teams playing finals.

that's true, but also becomes really difficult if you take those names out of their side, I hope Richmond get sick of the non sense and trade Jack Rewoldt to freo, the less cap room they have the less money they can throw at Hogan haha

I went to watch the video expecting some obvious indicators that he was leaving the way everyone on here is carrying on.. It was a minute interview FFS.. I don't know wether he'll stay or go but ppl making an assumption off the back of that are just been ridiculous. Like an early poster said his never been comfortable in front of a camera. Just say he wants to stay, what advantage does he get from signing now ? AFL football is a profession and If you were in his position wouldn't you hold out to get a little bit more money from the dees ?

that's true, but also becomes really difficult if you take those names out of their side, I hope Richmond get sick of the non sense and trade Jack Rewoldt to freo, the less cap room they have the less money they can throw at Hogan haha

I would think that if Frawley goes it will be to either a Freo or a Hawthorn - it maybe that he leaves for more money but he will get good coin from a successful team rather than going to the Saints or a GWS. At his age I think playing finals is a motivating factor ( if you throw in good money as well)

As to Hogan - Freo can offer him a zillion dollars - he only gets to Freo if we let him go to Freo.

Edited by nutbean

Honestly, I'm well over this Frawley situation. The guy is a pea heart and has very little going on up in that nogan of his.

He is clearly being swayed by the opportunity of a big pay packet and being thrust in the limelight as a KP 'star'. His attitude is appalling for a player of his experience and age at our club.

Take a leaf out of Dunn's book fcs James. If you want to show your commitment and your 'loyalty' as a player, what better opportunity than to do it at this stage of the season?! If you want to wait, stop banging on about how you love the club and are a loyal country boy. It's substanceless.

He is really irking me now. It means his mind is not on the job. He is aware now that his form as an individual is going to help determine a pricetag.

If he goes, I don't care because I'm hopeful we'll receive more than enough compo to cover him down the track. But I will vomit if I keep reading this automated dribble about his supposed love for the club and loyalty as a player..

Dunn has just set a great example of someone who genuinely cares about the club and his contribution to help build it. It makes Frawley look like a fool for saying what he keeps saying..

• Like 10

The better we perform without him playing in defence the lower our offer should become.

I suspect that, given the need for a big body up forward, that it may be a stroke of genius on Roos' part to show Chip that he isn't actually indispensable and that he cannot hold the club to ransom.

I hope he stays, but will not be devastated if he doesn't, which I would have been had we endured yet another season of zero progress such as we have endured for so many years recently.

IF his true reason is to enjoy some success and play in finals, then hopefully he will se the light at the end of the tunnel and stay to enjoy that success with colleagues who have gone through the hell with him.

• Like 2

I don't think the video says one thing or the other to be quite honest, he is, by the look of it, waiting for his manager to come back to him to discuss what's available. There's no point having a manager if you simply ignore what he has been able to come up with.

BTW I'd love to see him start a few games in the middle.

Edited by RobbieF
  • Like 3

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-06-05/frawley-contract-latest-tigers-talk-cheap-and-more

None of this breeds any confidence. He has every right to hold out, but as a leader of the club it's a poor look.

MFCSS strikes again.

Frawley is not smart. He has been told by his manager to trot out the same line any time he's asked - that he's waiting to see where the club is going and that he's not going to rush. He said the exact same thing in his interview on the MFC website back around the time of the Carlton game.

His manager obviously has taken the 'sit back and push the price up first' strategy; if he wants to stay here I don't think it's a good strategy, especially when players like Dunn come out and commit and talk of being a one club player. But I see the idea.

• Like 1

hang on how many of us thought Watts was leaving after he was on the footy show panel last year and said he wanted to wait until he sees who coaches and had bad body language,

Dont read anything into the way James speaks, i dont think he is the greatest talker going around and im not sure he is all that bright. I think he is just eager to play finals and I dont blame him especially when he says this. "I've been here [at Melbourne] eight years and haven't played any finals and haven't got close really. It'd be great to play finals.

He is a bit like Rivers. Has given great service and I wont be angry if he leaves. slightly annoyed maybe but I can see his reasons.

But its hard to predict which team will win the flag each year.

What disappointed me about the ch10 story was they focused on Frawley but didnt mention Dunn re-signing.

Edited by dees189227
  • Like 1

Fyfe not re-signed,

I think this is a valid consideration. It's all well and good to look at them right now as a flag contender, but Ross Lyon has proven that he will build for the now, with little to no consideration for the future. St. Kilda are looking at some Melbourne 2007-2013 years if they don't use the draft, trade table and free agency exceptionally well over the next three seasons in particular, thanks largely to Lyon's list management, drafting failures and short-sighted trading. Don't get me wrong, he's a terrific coach and had they kicked another score in either of those Grand Finals he'd be the greatest coach in Saints history, but if Frawley went there he'd want to hope they won the flag in his first year or two there because after that he'd probably have more chance at Melbourne.

• Like 1

Its a good point. Living totally in the now eventually carries succession risks. Believe we saw this with Danners