GOODBYE MR. CHIP FRAWLEY

Frawley  

433 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think he'll stay.

But I'm getting a strange sense that Tommy Mac is gone.....I really hope I'm wrong.

his playing performance doesn't suggest this to me? interested to know what your sense is based on?

• Like 1

his playing performance doesn't suggest this to me? interested to know what your sense is based on?

Sorry not based on anything, just a feeling in my waters.

As I said, I hope I'm wrong.

The salary cap next year will be over $10m.

Do the people that are throwing arbitrary numbers out and extolling that someone "shouldn't be paid that" have a reference point?

Unfortunately, we don't have a open source where all the salaries of players are known. So the comparison of who should be paid what is very tough.

The cap has increased from $8m to $10m in 4 years.

So in real terms - if a player earning $400k in 2010 his exact equivalent would be earning $500k this year.

Someone earning $800k in 2015 will be earning approx. $950k if given the equivalent salary 4 years later.

To simplify - wages goin' up.

The whole of Frawley leaving is based on going to a club for success?

Personally, i'd rather be at Melbourne than Stkilda.

I also thought that was the case but during an interview a few weeks back he talked about setting himself up, not knowing when your career could end and making the most of it. To me it sounded like money was now the driving force. As I said about Dunn, the club will offer him a fair contract, that fact we are on the up is a bonus. Now it's up to him.

I think Frawley is gone. The claim about wanting to see direction is a stalling ploy - Chip wants the cash. Hes using the excuse of seeing the direction of the club as a way to hold off questions until after the season when he can announce his signing with another club.

Would obviously prefer him to stay, but can see the advantages for both if he does stay or go.

He is a quality KPD, who is doing ok as a temporary forward. Then again, look how well our backline is doing without him even playing there.

Should he go, we get decent compensation, should he stay we keep a quality KPP. Either way, when we do start to hopefully seriously challenge for the flag, Frawley would be just about in the twilight of his career. Make of that what you will.

• Like 2

I must say, I'd rather lose him and get a top 5-6 pick, than lose him in 2 years at get pick 12!

If Hogan comes good (and stays) Frawley is less important to our set up long term.

I haven't watched the video, but apparently there are a few KPD options in this years draft: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-05/road-to-the-draft-podcast-

• Like 2

I must say, I'd rather lose him and get a top 5-6 pick, than lose him in 2 years at get pick 12!

If Hogan comes good (and stays) Frawley is less important to our set up long term.

I haven't watched the video, but apparently there are a few KPD options in this years draft: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-05/road-to-the-draft-podcast-

I don't like this thinking. As a club we need to have confidence that we will keep our good players - not have the philosophy of get what we can now because he is going to walk in two years time anyway.

I think that we'll probably have Hogan for atleast another re-sign. Surely he wont just walk out on us

Edited by JackVineyForPresident

I don't like this thinking. As a club we need to have confidence that we will keep our good players - not have the philosophy of get what we can now because he is going to walk in two years time anyway.

This thinking is pre-meditated. He put off contract talks, this is already the same situation as Scully, Sylvia and Rivers. It is not a fault that some people think like this, we are used to it.

• Like 2

This thinking is pre-meditated. He put off contract talks, this is already the same situation as Scully, Sylvia and Rivers. It is not a fault that some people think like this, we are used to it.

Maybe premeditated but we have got to snuff out that mentality - Watts put off his talks and ended up signing.

Maybe premeditated but we have got to snuff out that mentality - Watts put off his talks and ended up signing.

I think it was the only reasonable option from his point of view, couldn't give this club any more blind faith, it was our turn to prove to him this is a place he wants to be

I think it was the only reasonable option from his point of view, couldn't give this club any more blind faith, it was our turn to prove to him this is a place he wants to be

maybe again but apparently he got a good offer from Carlton ( rumour unconfirmed).

There has been comment on here on various occasions at various times that we should trade out a player for a good deal before they leave the club anyway- I just dislike the defeatist attitude

Edited by nutbean

I agree with your sentiment, but unfortunately the way the AFL is going there will be less "developing and keeping players" and more "buying what we need".

I have no problems with taking overs on offer of that improves our last in the short and medium term and helps us in our goal of winning a flag.

While Frawley is a good player and very valuable to us, I believe we can win a flag in the next 4 years without him. He isn't as critical to our success as others. And if we can get a good return and improve our position then so be it.

• Like 1

Unconfirmed rumour about the Saints, obviously but with the family connection between his uncle and the money the Saints will have to splash.

I am content either way if he leaves or stays. With Hogan playing CHF next year along side Dawes and Pederson. no big loss in the forward line and our backline is statistically playing as good as it ever has with the likes of Dunny, T Mac and Garland. He is a great swing man so if he was to stay would be an asset but if he left not as big a loss as I thought it would of been at the start of the year.

Say we finish any where from 16th - 10th

Giving as a pick from 3- 8 and then compo pick if Frawley leaves.

Lets just say hypothetically we get pick 5 then 6.

What is a pick 6 worth on the trade table?

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-06-05/frawley-contract-latest-tigers-talk-cheap-and-more

None of this breeds any confidence. He has every right to hold out, but as a leader of the club it's a poor look.

looked a little nervous to me

looked a little nervous to me

Agreed. Looking down. Body language wasn't great. I don't buy into the panic much, but I hate the circus this creates. Supporting is stressful enough.

He's no longer the key post we once had, with the way Roosy's structured things. If he goes, it won't hurt as much it would've last year or before.

Agreed. Looking down. Body language wasn't great. I don't buy into the panic much, but I hate the circus this creates. Supporting is stressful enough.

He's no longer the key post we once had, with the way Roosy's structured things. If he goes, it won't hurt as much it would've last year or before.

I suppose it's probably hard at the start of the season he said he wanted to see improvement, we have improved and so the pressure is now coming but still realistically are another year at least off finals, I think what he really wants is a commitment from Roosy

Edited by Mike Nolan