Post match discussion - Round 7

Demonland

Absolutely pumped, so many times the Crows could have surged but the 1%ers applied often enough made the difference despite the umpires best efforts (still shaking my head). Stunning and well deserved win. Demons rejoice.

• Like 1

Sounds like Jetta had a great game. Listening to the radio was really hard to tell where he was playing though? Also, great to hear some praise for Terlich - he might just be a work in progress showing some goods signs now.

A great moment for Roos and his boys. Well said Sylvia. Long way to go but its the little wins along the way (big team efforts) that build the confidence each week.

To me that match is the turning point from here.

The belief from that one win will do wonders. Not saying we will win everything either but i just think we'll be in many more games and for longer than we might have thought prior to now.

I actually think last week was a real turning point. I saw an element of fight against Sydney that looked different and felt different.

• Like 2

Yer that's what I thought - he doesn't strike me as a hard in kind of player though (obviously not as obvious as a Viney who just plows through like a bulldozer).

Is Dom is good.

we really need an inside mid with 'Pace', to compliment these guys, Tyson & Viney, etc. anyone seen someone like this recently, who could be available anytime soon, after this season???

MMM had him in the top three on the ground.

ADELAIDE 1.1 2.4 5.10 9.13 (67)

MELBOURNE 4.0 7.2 8.4 11.4 (70)

GOALS

Adelaide: Jenkins, Dangerfield, Podsiadly 2, Thompson, Crouch, Petrenko

Melbourne: Dawes 3, Bail, Kennedy-Harris, Salem, Watts, Viney, Jones, Jamar, Tyson

BEST

Adelaide: Dangerfield, Jacobs, Smith, Laird, Thompson, Sloane

Melbourne: Tyson, Viney, Vince, Kennedy-Harris, Howe, Dawes

INJURIES

Adelaide: Lynch (concussion), Jaensch

Melbourne: Georgiou (concussion)

SUBSTITUTES

Adelaide: Tom Lynch replaced by Mitch Grigg in the first quarter

Melbourne: Alex Georgiou replaced by Christian Salem in the third quarter

Reports: Nil

Umpires: Donlon, Chamberlain, Bannister

Official crowd: 44,216 at Adelaide Oval

we really need an inside mid with 'Pace', to compliment these guys, Tyson & Viney, etc. anyone seen someone like this recently, who could be available anytime soon, after this season???V

Salem?

Kent?

Always talk of just after 'one more preseason' but I do want to see Kent and Salem in the midfield in the future. Can't give up on Watts as a high half forward. Kennedy-Harris not really an inside mid but a mid in the making.

I'd love a run and pace half back first. Speedy inside mids don't come along very often. Viney is faster than people think.

• Like 1

Georgiou did well to get back on the field but his overall output today will see him make way for Judy next week.

a great win against an over confident crows outfit. fantastic that Roosy got the full 22 players putting in today and they all reaped the reward and hopefully give them confidence going forward. Dawes was excellent especially in the last when he was outnumbered 3 to one on multiple occasions and still won the ball. now those playing for casey have to really stand up if they want to get a game next week or possibly the week after as only replacements are likely to be due to injury or if the world goes crazy suspension.

As for the umpires they look as if they are using a different rule book every week and you have to guess what they are going to pay or not pay. only melbourne players got pinged for holding the ball and not kicking 15 meters. again incorrect disposal counts for nothing now.

That muppet hadn't even entered my thoughts until I read your post, DD36.

Seriously mate, let it go. He's just a flogger that should go and eat a big fat one.

Hahahahaha..

best in the business, 'apparently'. according to Gazza Lyon

• Like 1

a great win against an over confident crows outfit. fantastic that Roosy got the full 22 players putting in today and they all reaped the reward and hopefully give them confidence going forward. Dawes was excellent especially in the last when he was outnumbered 3 to one on multiple occasions and still won the ball. now those playing for casey have to really stand up if they want to get a game next week or possibly the week after as only replacements are likely to be due to injury or if the world goes crazy suspension.

As for the umpires they look as if they are using a different rule book every week and you have to guess what they are going to pay or not pay. only melbourne players got pinged for holding the ball and not kicking 15 meters. again incorrect disposal counts for nothing now.

How many players currently playing for Casey(not injured) are AFL standard. Possibly 2.

How many players currently playing for Casey(not injured) are AFL standard. Possibly 2.

How do you gauge this? Pederson and Jetta were good today, yet most had them labelled 'not AFL standard' not long ago. There are senior roles there for most of the guys at Casey.

• Like 1

Bloody brilliant win!

Not only will it give us tremendous confidence, but for guys like Chip who want to see where the club is going before he re-signs, this is going to show them that yes, we ARE headed in the right direction and now more than ever is the time to stick with it.

Two big games against the Dogs and the Tigers over the next fortnight. If we keep up the level of play from today then we are every chance to win both games.

• Like 2

We beat them in contested ball and clearances.

Coming from where we were last season who the hell would have thunk it.

Tastes so sweet.

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 1

How do you gauge this? Pederson and Jetta were good today, yet most had them labelled 'not AFL standard' not long ago. There are senior roles there for most of the guys at Casey.

makes you wonder about blokes like Morton, Gysberts etc and what might have happened if we had a coach who knew what he was doing at the time they came up

• Like 5

just my opinion. There is a difference between currently AFL standard and working towards it.

He just needs to learn how to kick for goal outside 50!!

Good to c him coming good. Even my daughter all of 13 said to me " dad Jetta is really improving must help having Roos as coach"

God I love kids who just say it as it is.

environment is the key. wrong environment & learning doesn't happen. learning intellectually maybe, but not in practice.