Jesse Hogan Injury Update?

dazzledavey36

Yeah I'm just forgetting about Hogan tbh, can't see him playing a a significant role for this footy club moving forward.

I wish that wasn't the case but just seems to me like Mitch Clark all over again.

• Like 3

Fair point Hardtrack, I am not always right. I only pass on what I am hearing from within the club and that info is sometimes an opinion and sometimes does not pan out. Other times I pass on my own opinions which are regularly wrong.

However, when it came to the signing of Roos last season, that was an outcome that had already been confirmed before Neeld had even been dismissed. For all the reasons, this will always be denied by those inside the club and Roos, but mark my words Paul Roos had made his decision to coach us more than 1 year ago. The play with the media was an absolute charade.............. mind you a well played charade.

Well done Paul Roos...

.......... and for once, well played to the MFC board.

Edited by Grand New Flag
  • Like 5

I am well and truly sitting on the fence after getting well and truly scorched by Scully.

As has been said - he is not a free agent so to get to Freo it is going to cost plenty if thats what he wants.

Fair point Hardtrack, I am not always right. I only pass on what I am hearing from within the club and that info is sometimes an opinion and sometimes does not pan out. Other times I pass on my own opinions which are regularly wrong.

However, when it came to the signing of Roos last season, that was an outcome that had already been confirmed before Neeld had even been dismissed. For all the reasons, this will always be denied by those inside the club and Roos, but mark my words Paul Roos had made his decision to coach us more than 1 year ago. The play with the media was an absolute charade.............. mind you a well played charade.

Well done Paul Roos...

Gee, I hope you're wrong. isn't there a law about inducing a breach of contract?

Machby: true he is not a FA and he will provide a significant trade in return, but if he asks to be traded to Freo, MFC will trade him.

Roos has a good record, that being convincing ROK to stay in Sydney, and look where it got him.

FWIW I don't think Hogan will ask to go.

And Dunn?

Where exactly do people think Dunn is going?

What teams are coming in offering him big deals to jump ship?

I think he's now a highly valued member of the side, an automatic selection, but still I can't see him rushing to leave the club.

Gee, I hope you're wrong. isn't there a law about inducing a breach of contract?

Other teams may want him when he wont have a contract.

You can't talk to players when they are under contract - I am under no illusion that managers of players are contacted before contracts are expired to test the waters/lay of the land/subtle and not so subtle inquiries.

You can't talk to players when they are under contract - I am under no illusion that managers of players are contacted before contracts are expired to test the waters/lay of the land/subtle and not so subtle inquiries.

Well done Paul Roos...

GNF do you have any info regarding Roos potentially staying for 3 years or longer, or a potential successor?

Sassy: No, however, the club is aware that Roos is looking at MFC as a long term commitment (assuming board and administration perform professionally). If all is good he will either continue as coach or as Director of Football long after his current contract expires..

• Like 8

Sassy: No, however, the club is aware that Roos is looking at MFC as a long term commitment (assuming board and administration perform professionally). If all is good he will either continue as coach or as Director of Football long after his current contract expires..

Thanks GNF, i get the feeling he is getting a real taste for the fight back, if he leads MFC to a flag from where we were he will go down as one of the all time great coaches.

• Like 1

Not sure the logic behind Director of Football when he's reportedly earning $1.6mill. A little Club like us can't be paying big money to Directors of Football so he would have to take a massive pay cut which would open up alternatives at that money whereas at that reported price I doubt there would be anything out there besides AFL CEO. Whether he wants to coach or not is an entirely different matter.

Be surprised if we are going to lose on young Hogan. Really hope he stays but if he elects to leave Freo or WCE will need to stump up big time and Hogan would need to be rolled gold.

So no problem here for me. Possibility interstate clubs could get this horribly wrong.

Be surprised if we are going to lose on young Hogan. Really hope he stays but if he elects to leave Freo or WCE will need to stump up big time and Hogan would need to be rolled gold.

So no problem here for me. Possibility interstate clubs could get this horribly wrong.

Would be a pretty dog act, IMO, for Hogan to jump ship at the end of 2015. I know footy's just a business these days and these players don't have the same emotional attachment to the club that we do, but come on... I'd hate him more than Scully if he walked.

• Like 5

Would be a pretty dog act, IMO, for Hogan to jump ship at the end of 2015. I know footy's just a business these days and these players don't have the same emotional attachment to the club that we do, but come on... I'd hate him more than Scully if he walked.

Get over it SS.

This the AFL world of the 21st century and it will only get worse.

Learn to live with it or you will go insane.

would be worse than Scully imo considering we put 12 months into him before he could even play AFL, we have flown him backwards and forwards and he had been living with Todd viney and his family, it would be a real shame if he didn't repay the faith

• Like 3

would be worse than Scully imo considering we put 12 months into him before he could even play AFL, we have flown him backwards and forwards and he had been living with Todd viney and his family, it would be a real shame if he didn't repay the faith

Sassy see my comment to SS above.

You need to get a grip on the 21st century AFL.

If he goes he goes I am over worrying about these things

Relax, open a bottle of Red.

• Like 1

Just be done with it if he doesn't want to be at the club.

Fyfe & First round pick for Hogan.

Use our first pick on Patton from GWS & 3rd rounder.

If Frawley leaves use that pick on Treloar.

Use Freo first round pick for another classy ready to go mid.

Second round pick Billy Stretch.

Use both 3rd round picks on solid back men, eg: Matt white, Ted Richard types.

Not the end of the world guys!

Relax, open a nice red.

Just be done with it if he doesn't want to be at the club.

Fyfe & First round pick for Hogan.

Use our first pick on Patton from GWS & 3rd rounder.

If Frawley leaves use that pick on Treloar.

Use Freo first round pick for another classy ready to go mid.

Second round pick Billy Stretch.

Use both 3rd round picks on solid back men, eg: Matt white, Ted Richard types.

Not the end of the world guys!

Cannot see Freo giving up a young established star, plus a first round pick for a kid with no games under his belt and back problems.

• Like 2

For now on Hogan, I'm just going to work on the premise that if he does ask to go home at the end of next year, we'll be well compensated. There's no threat of walking into the PSD unless we finish above WC or Freo (quite possible with West Coast given their love of "list management" practices every couple of years), so it's either one of those two teams coughing up at least one of their best midfielders or he stays. I'm not going to go into emotional meltdown on this one unless he goes and we end up with some hack like Naitanui in return.

• Like 2