AFL Funding

FireInTheBennelly

If I have this right, we are receiving $1.45M in AFL funding. The $1M is no strings attached, the $450K is dependant upon us raising the same $450K amount ourselves. It has been widely debated whether or not we deserve this handout, despite our poor (understated) performances over an extended period.

The Brisbane Lions have just anounced they are receiving $1.8M in AFL funding as a bonus for resolving boardrom issues without needing an EGM. Haven't heard a word of criticism on this funding. WTF!

Sure, they obviously have some issues, but their onfield performances have been sound. They won the NAB Cup. How can they receive more AFL funding than we have because they were able to resolve some tiff between suits???? 2013 they only paid the minimum 95% of the salary cap (like us), but openly admit they will now be able to pay the full cap next year due to this handout. Will we be able to do that? Under real equalisation who would 'deserve' the money more? Why the hell has no other team raised any issues with this payment, when they constantly dispute anything that we receive? I don't get it.

• Like 6

Holy *****!

Surely there must be a few strings attached that they may have forgotten to mention.

Aesop-Tale-The-Lion-The-Mouse.jpg

Is their new home ground in India?

Do they have to do Demetrious washing?

Edited by Young Dee

What other conditions could they put on? Potentially 'ensure you are arse-raped in trade period this year' could be one. They're certainly living up to their end of the bargain in that regard.

This could be the thread of the year for us !

• Like 1

Unfortunately we are regarded as the long term unemployed of the AFL community so we attract criticism at every turn for being lazy failures who have brought on our own problems and therefore deserve to be scorned at best, if not abused at every opportunity. A million here or there for us is rewarding failure however $100 million here or there for GWS and the SUNS is an investment. The proposed $2 poverty tax, sorry equalisation measure on next years price for a game is just another kick in the guts. Every mention of this surcharge today has made it plain it is welfare for MFC and the Dogs as if we are the drain on funds. Oh and the big clubs would love this option, they give up nothing for equalisation and we cop the wrath of the punters for another welfare tax. It must have been a great pissup equalisation junket tour to the US for Vlad and the Big End of Town presidents this year if this is all they can come up with.

• Like 1

Also port are getting 3 million extra every year over three years which started last year, so that's 9 million over three years, have heard not one of criticism of them, now that's a hell of a lot of money,without that money they would not had money to pay there 9 million debt

• Like 1

Also port are getting 3 million extra every year over three years which started last year, so that's 9 million over three years, have heard not one of criticism of them, now that's a hell of a lot of money,without that money they would not had money to pay there 9 million debt

Ya [censored] what? Never heard of this [censored], got a link? What's the reason for it?

WTF? Are you serious, it just gets more absurd by the post. Everyone is on AFL drip feed but it seems it is only us that gets vilified for being leppers.

If I have this right, we are receiving $1.45M in AFL funding. The $1M is no strings attached, the $450K is dependant upon us raising the same $450K amount ourselves. It has been widely debated whether or not we deserve this handout, despite our poor (understated) performances over an extended period.

The Brisbane Lions have just anounced they are receiving $1.8M in AFL funding as a bonus for resolving boardrom issues without needing an EGM. Haven't heard a word of criticism on this funding. WTF!

Sure, they obviously have some issues, but their onfield performances have been sound. They won the NAB Cup. How can they receive more AFL funding than we have because they were able to resolve some tiff between suits???? 2013 they only paid the minimum 95% of the salary cap (like us), but openly admit they will now be able to pay the full cap next year due to this handout. Will we be able to do that? Under real equalisation who would 'deserve' the money more? Why the hell has no other team raised any issues with this payment, when they constantly dispute anything that we receive? I don't get it.

NP who do I need to start a board room fight with?

For 1.8m to the MFC I will join any temporary faction and threaten an EGM.

Come join my faction as you know we need to bring back Mark Neeld as Senior Coach (Wink Wink)

NP who do I need to start a board room fight with?

For 1.8m to the MFC I will join any temporary faction and threaten an EGM.

Come join my faction as you know we need to bring back Mark Neeld as Senior Coach (Wink Wink)

Fair call i'm in.

It would surely suggest no boardroom member ever quits again. Far more beneficial to start a blue, wait for the AFL kicker and then walk away. Simples

At least we had the decency to pay down our debt firstly & make provision for player gets

Get back to me if you need me to tell you whose still in debt but potential 2014 finalists

Don't ask me to explain too deeply why we're under HO administration though !

What's this?

People complaining about victimisation?

Waste of time.

The AFL owns us lock, stock and barrel. All we can do is close our eyes, recline and think of Mother England.

Will have to give you the old 'yeah-nah' on that. As an owner the AFL would want us to play every home game (ex-NT) at the G. Ain't gonna happen. We're also a lock to get the crap Mothers Day timeslot. How many Friday Night games do you think? An owner would want maximum return. Vlad's just going through the motions. It's up to us to push our way through and we've done everything right thus far (for season 2014)

They've propped us up, sure, but not as much as they have other teams. Don't believe the hype.

• Like 1

Although it's 12 months out of date, page 122 of the AFL Annual report gives a breakdown of what the clubs get IN TOTAL.

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/AFL%20Annual%20Report%202012_web.pdf

Make of it what you will, but the difference between a top club and a bottom club is very little.

The travesty is that while we got a lousy 100K more than Collinwood in 2012, it was the other advantages given to them through fixturing, TV allocation etc, that enable them to promote and sell their brand.

The AFL makes much of "sharing out the pie", with lifelines thrown to us, Port, Footscray etc, but this only makes up for the damage that their other actions cause.

• Like 2

Dont forget vlads salary is directly impacted by the amount of bums on seats at games...

Any wonder the hawks and pies get all the friday nights?

Blame the AFL commission for that.

They gave Demetriou the contract and that KPI was obviously their priority at the time.

Will have to give you the old 'yeah-nah' on that. As an owner the AFL would want us to play every home game (ex-NT) at the G. Ain't gonna happen. We're also a lock to get the crap Mothers Day timeslot. How many Friday Night games do you think? An owner would want maximum return. Vlad's just going through the motions. It's up to us to push our way through and we've done everything right thus far (for season 2014)

They've propped us up, sure, but not as much as they have other teams. Don't believe the hype.

hear you and will meet you at AFL HQ.

Its OK to bring a few friends to assist us with the push though?

T-80UD+MBT+main+battle+tank+%2528MBT%252

don't forget the lions got nearly $2 mil pretty much for changing their board.

media let that one slip through to the keeper, while complaining we got 1.4 mil.

flogs.

"The agreement confirms funding arrangements from the AFL for the Lions, believed to be worth nearly $2 million."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-24/lions-battle-set-to-end