2014 Ladder

InVINCEable

Lol - I was about to say you had left out Melbounre .......... but then I realised you must have just made an honest mistake and placed them in 8th place...... or is this 2016 ladder?

I think this thread should be merged with the "optimism only thread" or an "optimism bordering on delusional thread".

I would be stoked with Demonof96's ladder:

15. Melbourne - To even get to 15th would be a drastic improvement on last season. It will take some time to be beating down the door of the eight again

16. Bulldogs - Lack strength in key positions, McCartney doesn't seem like much of a coach either

17. GWS - Might win 3-4 games. Talented, no doubt, but they don't know how to win.

18. St Kilda - Total mess, will be down in the dregs for a few years you'd think. Watters first coach to fall next year

Agree with all of this except where we place.

The dogs still have some fire power in the old brigade in Cross & Boyd. Griffen is an out and out star and there younger brigade is first class and a season or two ahead of ours. Crameri is a big difference for them as well now.

I keep thinking positively hoping to end up in the 8-12 area but no way will we finish up above the doggies or others. Actually when on paper I worry we may only finish above the Saints and Giants.

It will be another long season in the loss department but we will definitely be more competitive and give some teams a scare.

16th for us.

Ah what it would like to be mediocre again. :wub:

Edited by deeko

The dogs still have some fire power in the old brigade in Cross & Boyd. Griffen is an out and out star and there younger brigade is first class and a season or two ahead of ours. Crameri is a big difference for them as well now.

I keep thinking positively hoping to end up in the 8-12 area but no way will we finish up above the doggies or others. Actually when on paper I worry we may only finish above the Saints and Giants.

It will be another long season in the loss department but we will definitely be more competitive and give some teams a scare.

16th for us.

not sure if you meant Cross as part of their old brigade as he wont be there next year

16th for us.

not sure if you meant Cross as part of their old brigade as he wont be there next year

In fact he is playing for the dees

16th for us.

For starters Cross plays for us now and Crameri is the most overrated dud in the league.

For starters Cross plays for us now and Crameri is the most overrated dud in the league.

He was the highest goal scorer at the Bombers this year.

Remember the Bombers they easily made the finals this year.

Hmm I think you under estimate him.

That means...

Bombers have a terrible forward line, remember Brad Miller won our goal kicking award once.

1. Hawthorn

2. Sydney

3. Fremantle

4. Melbourne

5. Collingwood

6. Geelong

7. Kangaroos

8. Richmond

9. West Coast

10. Essendon

11. Gold Coast

12. Western Bulldogs

13. Adelaide

14. Carlton

15. Port Adelaide

16. Brisbane

17. St Kilda

18. GWS

I like this (with Collingwood below us in the bottom half of the eight)!

I like this (with Collingwood below us in the bottom half of the eight)!

Only problem is CBDees I think richyrich has a serious problem.

Whatever he is on we should all stay well away from.

Back to the field - Who's sliding

Well the silly season of trade is all but over. We can see pretty much the who and wheres of the new landscape. Its crystal ball gazing time.

We often start looking at the ladder but without necessarily trying to lock teams into position there are those that will remain around the mark of where they are currently, some will climb, others by default will fall . All teams have their time ( still waiting here ) Some are primed some get a little too old and tired.

I cant see either Hawthorn or Freo going too far , Sydney and Geelong intrigue me. Much hype about the Buddy Boy and they should remain strong but top 4 ? Im not actually convinced. might slide a little 5-7. Geelong have great depth, only have to look at their VFL side but not all good VFL players make good AFL players and we ought to know :rolleyes: they have a good selection though but with recent movings on maybe their shine is dulling a little.

Collingwood have an annoying knack of re-strengthening and i think Daisy is no loss, Shaw is more of a loss but they are getting a handful of decent trades in I sense they will be pushing the Geelongs and Swans for top 4 .

I think Richmond will still hover around 6-7 for no other reason Im not sure who will press them.

Carlton seem to fancy themselves as do Essendon but Im calling these two to slide way back to the middle of the pack and struggle.

All of Port Nth and Crows will I think will climb 2-3 spots with Port being the one to watch, they seem totally reinvigorated.

Strugglers....I think the Aints are in t\for a world of pain next season. Their backbone of experience is dissipating and the kids coming in will take time. Lions are a mess. new coach likely to take while to find feet. Slide. Giants. Lost some depth, looking to bolster their game but cant see them getting too far in 14...15 ...maybe the start for them.

The Suns may well start to shine. Expect them to move into the middle of pack in 14. Dogs will tread water is my guess. Eagles have a history of surprising but the new coach may fire or not. They I think will stay about or drop a possie or two.

And then there's us.. I dont think we'll be a slider :) Anything could happen and id love us to be 8th but I think we can in reality climb maybe 5-6 spots with a kind draw and leniency with injuries. i dont expect to recognise too much about us in 14 other than the jumper and even that will have new brands on it.

So my thinking is Geelong, Swans, will slip a tad. Carlton Essendon and Lions to slide the most

• Like 2

Bombers didn't make finals by the way.

Then how come they easily made the eight this year?

They didn't in the end, so what if they were going to make the finals they still have a bad forward line.

They didn't in the end, so what if they were going to make the finals they still have a bad forward line.

The bombers were a good side in 2013.

Crameri was their highest goal kicker.

IMO that makes him a good player.

End of story

Only problem is CBDees I think richyrich has a serious problem.

Whatever he is on we should all stay well away from.

Love it! Might want to concider that I was taking the [censored] here...just for some amusement. In all honesty, 14-16 I expect us finishing. Thanks for being the gullible one!

• Like 1

The bombers were a good side in 2013.

Crameri was their highest goal kicker.

IMO that makes him a good player.

End of story

32 goals isn't anything to get excited about.

I know Howe only got 28 but we didn't have a functioning midfield.

1. Hawthorn

2. Sydney

3. Fremantle

4. Melbourne

5. Collingwood

6. Geelong

7. Kangaroos

8. Richmond

9. West Coast

10. Essendon

11. Gold Coast

12. Western Bulldogs

13. Adelaide

14. Carlton

15. Port Adelaide

16. Brisbane

17. St Kilda

18. GWS

Can I just have 1/2 Kg of what you are smoking as it will make me a fortune?

• Like 1

Not even just a long way to go but no idea about fixtures, injuries, drafts, rookies etc but this long out and open to a lot of possibilities

1.Sydney - Still were there at the pointy end this year with a lot of injuries and no chance of freshening up some of their mids

2.Fremantle - not to far off and very hard to beat, last role of dice almost for Sandi, Pav and Mcpharlin before they take a couple of steps back

3.Essendon - barring some ASADA intervention were a very good side for much of the year and only dropped off late

4.Hawthorn - will miss Buddy who always takes best defender but still have plenty of talent and some good kids coming through from Box Hill

5.Richmond - expect further improvement as they have every year under Dimmer, Cotchin is an absolute gun

6.North - will improve and were close last year in many games, midfield has plenty of upside but still very suspect on their defence

7.Collingwood - Defence may be an issue but they still have class through the middle and I think they have sorted out some dressing room issues

8.Adelaide - finished the second half of the season off well, only issue is going to be on the scoreboard while waiting on big Tex to come back

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

9.Geelong - just think after so long with sustained success something has to give whilst they have turned the list over, the older heads of Kelly, Enright etc are almost there

10. Carlton - still not his list yet and they need a forward and big gorilla defender from somewhere

11. Port Adelaide - play hard running footy and are honest which will see then win plenty of games

12. Gold Coast - Quality midfield and undesirable conditions at Metricon will have them winning around 8/10

13. Melbourne - may take time but game plan will evolve and we will be better as the season goes on and win games by managing to put things together for 3 to 4 quarters

14.Meth Coast - side on the slide, Natainui is still having groin issues and there best players are getting a bit long in the tooth

15.Bulldogs - I think they may be found out a bit there midfield was really good at the back end of last season but I think teams will do their homework and 2013 will be like our 2010

16.Brisbane - plenty of off field problems which we know all about at MFC no doubt it effects the players

17. St Kilda - as above Scott Watters is a dead man walking, players no this and will be like ours were under Neeld

18.GWS - may win a couple more games but I still think they have issues

The top 8 doesn't change that much there are always surprise sides who fall out and always 1 new top four side and a bolter. All depends on injuries and form a good run of luck could see you finish 7th and a bad run could see you as low as 14/15th. I just expect our boys to show plenty more grit and whilst finals for me is an absolute long shot I think the foundations will be put in place for the future

Can I just have 1/2 Kg of what you are smoking as it will make me a fortune?

Who says I am smoking? Had I have been wouldn't it make more sense to have Melbourne 1st? Honestly people take every post here as gods truth, perhaps members need to start relaxing and have a laugh once in a while. Seesh!

1. Fremantle --> Will improve on last year...they will be the team to beat.

2. Hawthorn--> Will be able to compensate for Buddy. Very strong midfield and forward line, even without him.

3. Sydney--> Could finish lower...we'll see how well Franklin gels with their lineup.

4. Carlton--> I think year #2 of Malthouse will see the Blues start to become the dangerous team they said they'd be five years ago.

5. Richmond--> Similar year to last year for the Tiges, I think. I personally don't see a whole lot of room for improvement in their list.

6. Geelong--> Will start to fall a bit with the loss of many of their experienced players. Will still be a strong team though and could contend for the flag.

7. North Melbourne--> I think they really under performed in 2013...they are a much better team than that.

8. Collingwood--> I see them on the cusp of the 8...can't see them being much higher than this. I don't think Buckley is a good coach.

9. Gold Coast--> Could make finals, but still think they're a year or so away from it.

10. Port Adelaide--> Played out of their skin last year; I don't think they will be able to do it again.

11. West Coast--> Will improve on last season's disappointment, but many of their best players are getting on.

12. Adelaide--> Depends on what Tex can do on his comeback from injury. I don't rate their back line.

13. Western Bulldogs--> Strong midfield, weak everywhere else.

14. Melbourne--> We will see an improvement, but unfortunately I can't see us getting much higher than this.

15. Essendon--> The investigation will take its toll. Their forward line is now very weak.

16. Brisbane--> Could well finish lower...it seems no one wants to play for them.

17. Greater Western Sydney--> Will improve marginally, but I don't think they will ever be a dominant side.

18. St Kilda--> They will be the "2013 Melbourne" of 2014.

• Like 1

Who says I am smoking? Had I have been wouldn't it make more sense to have Melbourne 1st? Honestly people take every post here as gods truth, perhaps members need to start relaxing and have a laugh once in a while. Seesh!

Well if you had been drinking why have you not shouted us all DL a round or two?

I can Guarantee you this much Melbourne will end up somewhere between 1-18 next year, hows that for a prediction :cool:

In all honesty Its just the where I cant pin down at the moment :blink:

But I believe best case scenario would be 8th :)

Worst case I would hope is no less than 12th :(

The year after 8th upwards :lol::lol::lol:

But governed by 1 proviso INJURIES :(

32 goals isn't anything to get excited about.

I know Howe only got 28 but we didn't have a functioning midfield.

But he was "lazy and lacked intensity" (and oftentimes was called to play midfield and behind the ball).

Miller's "breakout year" with 26 was somehow though quite a different story.

Crameri's not a bad player but he's not a key forward, he'll be a bigger Tory Dickson.