dee-luded

Leppitsch set to coach Lions

The Lions are expected to announce their new coach today.

FORMER Brisbane Lions premiership star Justin Leppitsch is expected to be unveiled shortly as the club's new coach.

The triple premiership-winning defender is set to be confirmed as Michael Voss's replacement at the Lions at a board meeting in Melbourne on Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-24/leppitsch-set-to-coach-lions

They're getting pretty incestuous up there in Brisbane town. I don't get the attraction, but whatever.

my thoughts exactly..... they struggle to look out of the box.

I've got nothing against Leppa but if he doesn't work who's next? Lynch? Power? Black? Mal Michael?

I would even go as far to say they are worse than us and that is saying something.

Why sack the existing coach who was on the brink of finals for another untried especially when u have Craig in the wings.

Bunch of dumb heads.

I wonder if this strengthens their chances of signing Dustin Martin.

What a shambles they are turning into.

Sack their biggest legend just as he was starting to make inroads.

Voss signed some duds and struggled early on, but what did they expect with an untried coach needing to rejuvenate a team... They go through the hard yards, he develops some real talent playing exciting football, then sack him in hope of god knows what...

Then sign another of their former stars so they can burn them in the future too.

Thanks for making us look good.

I'd wish Neeld got that job, or at least a rumour was started about it, just to spook sooky Moloney.

• Like 1

I wonder if this strengthens their chances of signing Dustin Martin.

What a shambles they are turning into.

Sack their biggest legend just as he was starting to make inroads.

Voss signed some duds and struggled early on, but what did they expect with an untried coach needing to rejuvenate a team... They go through the hard yards, he develops some real talent playing exciting football, then sack him in hope of god knows what...

Then sign another of their former stars so they can burn them in the future too.

Thanks for making us look good.

I'd wish Neeld got that job, or at least a rumour was started about it, just to spook sooky Moloney.

Voss might have developed some young talent but Longer, Karnezis, Polec, Doherty and Yeo are all set to leave. 3 first round picks and 2 other quality picks all about to walk out. They couldn't all be homesick and they are all too talented to be feeling like leaving trapped behind a side that didn't make the 8 and started the season in a mess (after the NAB Cup). Voss was too stuck in his ways and wasn't a great coach. Let's see how Leppitsch goes but he certainly doesn't have the coaching pedigree of a Ken Hinkley. Or a Leigh Tudor for that matter who he beat to get the job.

Without a job I guess. Has there been any kind of official announcement from Melbourne that he won't be with us next yr???

I know Paul Roos mentioned it OTC but there hasn't been anything official yet.

Maybe he stays???

I'd say Roos mentioning it OTC is enough for an official announcement. I'd say he'd get a job somewhere else, maybe even at Brisbane (in which case they'd have to let the dust settle on Leppitsch's appointment first) and when that's arranged they'd be a mutual parting of ways.

Voss might have developed some young talent but Longer, Karnezis, Polec, Doherty and Yeo are all set to leave. 3 first round picks and 2 other quality picks all about to walk out. They couldn't all be homesick and they are all too talented to be feeling like leaving trapped behind a side that didn't make the 8 and started the season in a mess (after the NAB Cup). Voss was too stuck in his ways and wasn't a great coach. Let's see how Leppitsch goes but he certainly doesn't have the coaching pedigree of a Ken Hinkley. Or a Leigh Tudor for that matter who he beat to get the job.

If Voss did not have the favourite son aura he would have been sacked after 2 years for his audacious and ill conceived punt on Fevola. Did untold damage to the playing group that scarred his coaching legacy.

However his sacking was inept by the Brisbane Board.

Leppa must want to coach as many aspiring coaches do.

It's a brave move to take a coaching position at a Club where you have a fractious and dysfunctional Board.

I dunno, they brought in new seed, like Beamer and Stef.

Inspiring stuff I grant you :huh::unsure:

If Voss did not have the favourite son aura he would have been sacked after 2 years for his audacious and ill conceived punt on Fevola. Did untold damage to the playing group that scarred his coaching legacy.

However his sacking was inept by the Brisbane Board.

Leppa must want to coach as many aspiring coaches do.

It's a brave move to take a coaching position at a Club where you have a fractious and dysfunctional Board.

I agree with that RR

Perhaps Leppa was the only taker and all they could afford!

Good news if true!

As said that means they haven't taken anyone we considered a worthy successor.

Now lets just hope WCE don't take anyone on our radar - they can have Craig.

We will take Burns and Simpson please.

I agree with that RR

Perhaps Leppa was the only taker and all they could afford!

Perhaps a Leppa was the only one that'd touch them :rolleyes:^_^

• Like 2

I would even go as far to say they are worse than us and that is saying something.

Why sack the existing coach who was on the brink of finals for another untried especially when u have Craig in the wings.

Bunch of dumb heads.

HA! We sign up Roos and we are now immediately better than a side who just missed the finals. I like your positivity but take a long hard look at our sides past. They still have quite a long way to go before they reach our depths. From all reports he was doing a great job at the Tiges and obviously is very passionate about the team. I say its not such a silly move for them.