• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

My Heart Beats True - 2014 Membership Campaign Launched

Demonland

Yep. I'm doing the same thing. My son was born on NYE. My wife has already approved of me getting him a MFC Membership.

Congrats SRJ!

I've laid the groundwork with my wife already, so it shouldn't come as too much of a shock for her :)

• Like 1

Pretty sure it does, someone else should be able to confirm though.

They shouldn't call it a membership if it doesn't.

Just read the above thread. What's this wife brought, wife approved stuff? Where are the real men? What's the world coming to, giving wives a say as to whether we should be footy club members or not? Christ they'll want the vote next. Back in the 50's early 60's the story was that when the filth got beaten so did 50000 wives.

Edited by Bitter but optimistic
  • Like 5

Just read the above thread. What's this wife brought, wife approved stuff? Where are the real men? What's the world coming to, giving wives a say as to whether we should be footy club members or not? Christ they'll want the vote next. Back in the 50's early 60's the story was that when the filth got beaten so did 50000 wives.

We have always been a gentlemenly, some would say soft lot. Alas back in the 50's early 60's we also used to trouble the scorer and win flags !

18th Jan, 2012 - 21,927

21st Jan, 2013 - 21,873

21st Jan 2014 - 24, 558

A week of leeway and already 2,100 ahead of last year at the benchmark of 21st Jan.

As you wake up on the 21st Jan - we are 2600+ ahead of last year.

40k is absolutely achievable but it all depends on how we go during the first half of the season and especially the first 5 games.

No matter how much they push the advertising on the interwebs, TV, newspapers and other mediums, it's all going to come down to our start to 2014.

A stronger pre-season showing will also do wonders.

• Like 2

All we need is a few games where we look like we belong in this league in the first two months, and Roos' mug in the papers a bit and we can get there.

FTA games matter in this regard more than rarely seen Foxtel games - St Kilda and Sydney on Sat Night, and WCE and GC on Sunday Arvo would be choice games to look half decent.

• Like 1

40K is achievable but a lot of things need to go our way. One way to push this number is offer the 3 game package Melb V Sydney/Collingwood/Geelong, we are one of the only clubs that don't offer a 3 game package.

They have 3 game memberships. It's under Red and Blue in the Package list.

The issue with trying to boost this membership as a priority is that it mais just as likely to turn fringe members into $90 members than it is to turn fringe supporters into $90 members.

It might cost us money until we start to attract neutrals.

We can advertise them prominently when Hogan is doing his thing.

• Like 1

You are only hoping for 5 wins?

hmmmm right.tumblr_m5grsdw11O1rulh87o1_1280.jpg

After six wins in two years and numerous ten and twenty goal beatings I think five wins and no floggings would be reasonable.

Being competitive every week and relevant to the competition would be fantastic.

I think going to 90% of games thinking we had a fair chance of winning would make a good footy year after the last two.

• Like 1

After six wins in two years and numerous ten and twenty goal beatings I think five wins and no floggings would be reasonable.

Being competitive every week and relevant to the competition would be fantastic.

I think going to 90% of games thinking we had a fair chance of winning would make a good footy year after the last two.

i agree, but we will win more than 5 games this year.

• Like 1

God I hope you are right but we are coming from the pits remember so half a dozen wins will be an enormous improvement.

We have a new midfield, a star 18 year old kid who's spent a year in the VFL and arguably the best coach in the land.

Of course we'll get 6 wins.

I don't understand your reasoning for us not to improve?

If we still had Neeld, the same list and no Jesse Hogan then I might be on your side. But it's not the case, so what's your reasoning?

We have a new midfield, a star 18 year old kid who's spent a year in the VFL and arguably the best coach in the land.

Of course we'll get 6 wins.

I don't understand your reasoning for us not to improve?

If we still had Neeld, the same list and no Jesse Hogan then I might be on your side. But it's not the case, so what's your reasoning?

IMO 6 wins is a big improvement.

Please Hogan has not yet played a single game he is not JC yet.

We have added a veteran and one reasonable senior mid fielder.

The rest are kids who we have added. For way to long we have expected kids to carry a senior role.

It does not happen that way. good sides have a good senior list who carry the kids until they find their feet and develop.

Unfortunately at the MFC " the good senior players" are few and far between.

I see no miraculous rise in 2014. Hopefully some steady improvement over the next couple of years as we return to respectability.

IMO 6 wins is a big improvement.Please Hogan has not yet played a single game he is not JC yet.We have added a veteran and one reasonable senior mid fielder.The rest are kids who we have added. For way to long we have expected kids to carry a senior role.It does not happen that way. good sides have a good senior list who carry the kids until they find their feet and develop.Unfortunately at the MFC " the good senior players" are few and far between.I see no miraculous rise in 2014. Hopefully some steady improvement over the next couple of years as we return to respectability.

I understand why you are responding the way you are however you still haven't made mention of our new coach.

I'd like to throw the following questions your way:

It's plain for all to see that Neeld, for various reasons, had a negative impact on our team which directly translated to our game day efforts. Do you agree? If so, what percentage do you believe he contributed to our abysmal game day performances?

Paul Roos is now at the helm and some of his right hand men who were just as influential on the Swans 05 team are now coaching the same list with added quality and depth. Let's say we had the same list as last year and this pre-season was still out first under the Roos and co program. How much improvement if any do you think you'd see from the same list but under different management?

If you believe there'd be improvement, how much more improvement would there be with the players we acquired over the trade and draft period including Jesse Hogan?

I'm interested in where you think the improvement will come from because based on your previous post, you seem to ignore the fact that we are under new management, and that is going to have a massive impact on the way our team works both physically and emotionally. Not to mention the influx of midfielders we have brought in. Jess Hogan alone brings improvement to our forward line.

Edited by stevethemanjordan

I understand why you are responding the way you are however you still haven't made mention of our new coach.

I'd like to throw the following questions your way:

It's plain for all to see that Neeld, for various reasons, had a negative impact on our team which directly translated to our game day efforts. Do you agree? If so, what percentage do you believe he contributed to our abysmal game day performances?

Paul Roos is now at the helm and some of his right hand men who were just as influential on the Swans 05 team are now coaching the same list with added quality and depth. Let's say we had the same list as last year and this pre-season was still out first under the Roos and co program. How much improvement if any do you think you'd see from the same list but under different management?

If you believe there'd be improvement, how much more improvement would there be with the players we acquired over the trade and draft period including Jesse Hogan?

I'm interested in where you think the improvement will come from because based on your previous post, you seem to ignore the fact that we are under new management, and that is going to have a massive impact on the way our team works both physically and emotionally. Not to mention the influx of midfielders we have brought in. Jess Hogan alone brings improvement to our forward line.

I might not have mentioned him but he is in my calculations.

Roos is not JC, he cannot make silk purses out of sows ears.

I expect him to get some improvement out the group.

I think where we differ STMJ is I have a very low opinion of a large number of our playing list.

Put simply they are not AF L standard IMO.

I still think 5-6 wins and no 20 goal belting we will be a big improvement on 2013.

I will be delighted for you to tell me how wrong I was in August.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

Re-signed myself, son, mum, brother & sister today so you can add another 5 to the total. Also on the verge of signing up my Geelong supporting wife as she is likely to come to a few games with us this year (she came to the Saints game last year and the Dogs game we won).

After a few years of taking out the Trident membership and having a go at MCC/AFL members I bit the bullet and went back on to the AFL Membership (as a full member). I feel guilty doing so as it will cost the club a couple of thousand in our family memberships combined but unfortunately the club just can't compete with what the AFL Membership offers (free entry to first 3 weeks of finals, half price GF ticket, walk up seats on the wing ground level or level 2). To make up for it I'm going to be purchasing a fair bit of gear from the Demon Shop including those old school woollen jumpers they emailed us about late last year.