Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Expect Roos and Goodwin would be sitting down this very second mulling over who they can "unethically" poach from that disaster of a club.

I can't imagine any of the players would want to stay now. This is the beginning of the end now that their last hope of preventing SCN's has evaporated. As has been stated numerous times, if they're so confident about nothing illegal being taken, why fight so hard to discredit the investigation?

Bomber will be EFC coach in 2015, IMO. Can't see how Hird can be involved in the club anymore.

I can't see how even Bomber will survive. I think if someone comes in to clean the decks, all coaches, conditioning areas of the football department will struggle to survive from this.

Would have cost the Golden Boy a pretty penny.

Would love to see the look on the face of his missus.

Hope she took notes.

"James, Middleton says you're farked. Lets go back to France"

Edit: Spelling

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 1

I can't see how losing this case in any way impacts on James Hird's future at EFC. If the club were concerned about him they already had an opportunity not to re-engage him for 2015. Given the club and Hird were on the same side in the Federal Court matter, I just don't see them parting ways just because a procedural case went against them.

(I'm not taking sides here. I don't care whether Hird coaches or not. I just don't see why today's decision makes a difference.)

The AFL assisted Essondon for a soft landing when it all first started. Just about everyone in resposibilty positions left the club but the chief culprit would not play the game. Eventually the issue became all about him. If Essendon played the game as intended when they self reported we may have seen some relief for the players who no doubt have been duped. Jacques has created one big mess here because his ego would not let him to been seen as a failure. Now he has made it worse for all.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that one of our usual doom and gloom merchants haven't already groaned that if the AFL has to rescue and rebuild Essendon that will reduce any assistance they give us.

Whoops - does that make me a doom & gloom merchant?

Surely now the Essendon power brokers with common sence now need to act. Little should be removed immediately, Hird sacked and the board replaced and the AFL and ASADA engaged to navigate a path out of this mess.

The club will be bankrupt if Little and Hird continue.

Bomber Thompson should pay his fine and sign on as the senior coach

The players need to obtain some truely indendant legal advice and take the best action to salvage their careers and should consider legal action against this club for damages and losses incurred.

If Essendon cant make this happen themselves then the AFL and the other clubs need to step in and make it happen.

• Like 1

who was the pelican who was tweeting the case like a cricket score and had Dons well in front?? Name and shame time

Mick Warner. It infuriated me at the time and i posted as much. Fair dinkum what a moron. It was actually quite revealing because his 'score' could only have been arrived at by who he perceived had thrown the best mud and made the other side look silly - nothing to do with the legal question of ultra vires. Revealing because it is exactly this shallow analysis that has dominated the coverage, in the main, of this whole circus.

As Sue says great to hear a clear, well reasoned argument stripped of all the hyperbole and deliberate obfuscation.

Ironic actually becasue even on the mud throwing score board EFC lost with Middleton all but dressing down EFC and Hird's lawyers for their attack on Andruscara and going out of his way to say she acted professionaly both in her role as CEO and in the witness box. Sort of takes the wind out the sails of any Federal review i would have thought.

• Like 5

Surely now the Essendon power brokers with common sence now need to act. Little should be removed immediately, Hird sacked and the board replaced and the AFL and ASADA engaged to navigate a path out of this mess.

The players need to obtain some truely indendant legal advice and take the best action to salvage their careers and should consider legal action against this club for damages and losses incurred.

If Essendon cant make this happen themselves then the AFL and the other clubs need to step in and make it happen.

How much of the legal fees will Little be paying out of his own pocket? His net worth is listed in the region of $880 million...

I can't see how losing this case in any way impacts on James Hird's future at EFC. If the club were concerned about him they already had an opportunity not to re-engage him for 2015. Given the club and Hird were on the same side in the Federal Court matter, I just don't see them parting ways just because a procedural case went against them.

(I'm not taking sides here. I don't care whether Hird coaches or not. I just don't see why today's decision makes a difference.)

They had no choice but to play along with the charade of Hird coming back until the point that this decision was made, and possibly at best he might survive until the judgement is made against the 34 players... To act on Hird earlier than now would have shown the public that the EFC believed they were in trouble. They tried to bluff, but had nothing in their hand.

Little sounded like he had to railroad some board members into presenting a 'united' response to taking this to court. I suspect that the outcome of this case will cause him a terrible amount of damage to his credibility, and I would imagine numerous 'vested interest' groups looking to form tickets and to cause a spill in the name of putting this in the past and attempting to salvage whatever they can from the wreckage

Edited by Ouch!

I think Ess will be in serious financial trouble anyway. They'll need more than the AFL to bale them out. Imagine how many players will want to sue the club once ASADA has finished with them? And Workcover has only just started to get involved..

I think Paul Little is Essendon's main powerbroker and I can't see the club going broke while he's there, given his personal net worth.

They had no choice but to play along with the charade of Hird coming back until the point that this decision was made, and possibly at best he might survive until the judgement is made against the 34 players... To act on Hird earlier than now would have shown the public that the EFC believed they were in trouble. They tried to bluff, but had nothing in their hand.

Little sounded like he had to railroad some board members into presenting a 'united' response to taking this to court. I suspect that the outcome of this case will cause him a terrible amount of damage to his credibility, and I would imagine numerous 'vested interest' groups looking to form tickets and to cause a spill in the name of putting this in the past and attempting to salvage whatever they can from the wreckage

Good points, well made

I'm surprised that one of our usual doom and gloom merchants haven't already groaned that if the AFL has to rescue and rebuild Essendon that will reduce any assistance they give us.

Whoops - does that make me a doom & gloom merchant?

The AFL will have to be careful about not being seen to reward or excuse illegal activities

they should have paid heed to ziggy and saved a lot of angst and spondulaks

To be fair... after seeing how Ziggy has handled the NBN stuff, I struggle to pay him much heed!

Mick Warner. It infuriated me at the time and i posted as much. Fair dinkum what a moron. It was actually quite revealing because his 'score' could only have been arrived at by who he perceived had thrown the best mud and made the other side look silly - nothing to do with the legal question of ultra vires. Revealing because it is exactly this shallow analysis that has dominated the coverage, in the main, of this whole circus.

As Sue says great to hear a clear, well reasoned argument stripped of all the hyperbole and deliberate obfuscation.

Ironic actually becasue even on the mud throwing score board EFC lost with Middleton all but dressing down EFC and Hird's lawyers for their attack on Andruscara and going out of his way to say she acted professionaly both in her role as CEO and in the witness box. Sort of takes the wind out the sails of any Federal review i would have thought.

Mick Warner huh... thanks binny. It would be amazing to see the Dons books at the AGM this year to see the cost of lawyers but also the spin doctors costs as well. They have waged a media beat up the opposition war that has been found to be completely out of step with what happened. If the Dons are legit (we know they are not) concerned about the players they will not appeal they will let the process continue on it's due course and deal with the fall out. After the last 12 months the Dons will appeal and appeal and appeal. I also think Dons/Hird will now target the AFL and the people who ran the AFL at the time especially with the little comment from Middleton stating Andruska was pressured by the then Government and the AFL.

Where does this leave the Weapon case... Settlement on the way maybe?

Looking forward to Whispering Jacks imminent take on it all

HAHAHAHAHA! Bang...Right in the no respect hole!!! Now ASADA must keep the momentum up and finish the job!

...................... hahahahha "no respect hole"! Jabba Jaw agrees and so does McDevitt. He will not stop until it is finished.

Edited by Cards13
  • Like 1