Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Responsible minister is the Minster for Sport, Mr. Peter Dutton. Dickson QLD

No idea who he supports but unlikely to be Essendon you would think.

I wonder who Rupert or Gina barrack for.

• Like 1

MJT youve obviously missed the whole point... by a mile

do yourself a favour and start from the begining and get yourself a realistic and balanced appreciation for the whole thing

A difference between ambulance chasing and the seeking of a balanced outcome, one that deals with the actual situation and goings on as opposed self interested and compromised spin

MJT youve obviously missed the whole point... by a mile

do yourself a favour and start from the begining and get yourself a realistic and balanced appreciation for the whole thing

A difference between ambulance chasing and the seeking of a balanced outcome, one that deals with the actual situation and goings on as opposed self interested and compromised spin

ambulance-chaser_1407.jpg

image.jpg

Yes BB I can see the difference now

Edited by DemonFrog

This is without doubt the worst thread ever on Demonland, just a bunch of people praying another club hits the wall, it's very sad reading and I hope the Bombers get off because they don't deserve what you Ambulance Drivers are hoping for , the whole bunch of you should be ashamed of yourselfs.

So you hope they get off because of what we think? Not because they are innocent or anything irrelevant like that, huh?

And ambulance driver is far from the derogatory term you think it is. If more people acted like them the world would be a better place (and, no before you ask, I'm not fit to shine their shoes. I don't have their class and compassion which is why I'm happy just slowing down to gig at the accident).

This is without doubt the worst thread ever on Demonland, just a bunch of people praying another club hits the wall, it's very sad reading and I hope the Bombers get off because they don't deserve what you Ambulance Drivers are hoping for , the whole bunch of you should be ashamed of yourselfs.

I feel no shame the EFC are a dirty cheating pack of filth who are now reaping what they sowed

So you hope they get off because of what we think? Not because they are innocent or anything irrelevant like that, huh?

And ambulance driver is far from the derogatory term you think it is. If more people acted like them the world would be a better place (and, no before you ask, I'm not fit to shine their shoes. I don't have their class and compassion which is why I'm happy just slowing down to gig at the accident).

I assume he meant 'ambulance chaser' which is a derogatory term. Either way, his postition is completely wrong as several posters have argued.

In any case, neither the ambulance chaser nor driver metaphor has much relation to the point he was trying to make.

Edited by sue
  • Like 1

I will still be injecting this season with Essendon jokes....I may have a stab at doing this quite often....although knowing my pigs brain I probably wont think of any good ones

Well done biggestred for taking on the responsibility of pricking our collective consience through the use of humour.

very strange decision but I notice the relevant Minister is now overseeing the investigation. That too is weird.

I've got an uneasy feeling, my early thoughts will come to pass, & nothing will happen of any real consequence to the bombers.

Oh, & hirds on a paid working holiday overseas, getting his AFL sponsored tuition.

I don't want to see or hird of < him ever again, on an AFL field !!!

I've got an uneasy feeling, my early thoughts will come to pass, & nothing will happen of any real consequence to the bombers.

Oh, & hirds on a paid working holiday overseas, getting his AFL sponsored tuition.

I don't want to see or hird of < him ever again, on an AFL field !!!

Its not over yet DL

I'm glad the docs in the clear, he tried to clean things up & didn't like it in the first place.

but hird,,, pfft. once a favorite of mine, know an absolute Disgrace.

dr is in clear (at the moment) afl did not want this to end up in open court and EFC would not have wanted Danks questioned in court either.

the answer to a lot of the questions is Dank who has less than been forthcoming . IF this story comes to fruition than watch this space

Sports scientist Stephen Dank may face court grilling in legal case brought by ex Cronulla Sharks NRL players

STEPHEN Dank could soon be compelled to take the witness stand and face interrogation over Cronullas controversial 2011 supplement program.

A NSW District Court registrar has this morning granted permission for two ex-Sharks players, Isaac Gordon and Josh Cordoba, to make an application for the sports scientist to appear for examination.

The pair commenced legal proceedings against their old club last year, claiming they both suffered damage as a result of being exposed to the 11-week program of injections, creams and tablets three seasons ago.

If Dank has to give evidence under oath the truth should come out in Cronulla situation. Perjury in legal matters can lead to jail (see marcus enfield who went to jail for giving a false stat dec,nominated a dead american as a driver to avoid a speeding fine,) A civil case by a former Essendon player who sees a successful win by an ex Cronulla player and getting Dank on the stand would blow this matter wide open.

• Like 1

I'm glad the docs in the clear, he tried to clean things up & didn't like it in the first place.

but hird,,, pfft. once a favorite of mine, know an absolute Disgrace.

The Doctor turned a blind eye to what was going on. His failure to pursue his concerns or resign on the club's refusal to address is IMO professionally negligent.

He has been asleep at the wheel. Appalling.

• Like 6

The Doctor turned a blind eye to what was going on. His failure to pursue his concerns or resign on the club's refusal to address is IMO professionally negligent.

Simply for the doctor not to know and okay every substance administered to the players by the club is appalling imo, not sure if that is the fault of the doctor or the club or both but it's a serious breakdown in ethical practice either way.

• Like 1

dr is in clear (at the moment) afl did not want this to end up in open court and EFC would not have wanted Danks questioned in court either.

the answer to a lot of the questions is Dank who has less than been forthcoming . IF this story comes to fruition than watch this space

Sports scientist Stephen Dank may face court grilling in legal case brought by ex Cronulla Sharks NRL players

If Dank has to give evidence under oath the truth should come out in Cronulla situation. Perjury in legal matters can lead to jail (see marcus enfield who went to jail for giving a false stat dec,nominated a dead american as a driver to avoid a speeding fine,) A civil case by a former Essendon player who sees a successful win by an ex Cronulla player and getting Dank on the stand would blow this matter wide open.

The value of any information Danks can give is if it can be backed up by reliable records on his possession (if they exist) or it corroborates evidence the Court or ASADA has.

His statements while causing a media stir will not be worth much if he can not substantiate them with proof. And perjury relies on statements made under oath being proven false. And that requires more than conflicting statements by two parties.

I can't civil cases being launched by an Essendon player unless it can be actually established what the player took.

And I would not think it is in Danks interest to be forthcoming and gratuitous with information.

The value of any information Danks can give is if it can be backed up by reliable records on his possession (if they exist) or it corroborates evidence the Court or ASADA has.

His statements while causing a media stir will not be worth much if he can not substantiate them with proof. And perjury relies on statements made under oath being proven false. And that requires more than conflicting statements by two parties.

I can't civil cases being launched by an Essendon player unless it can be actually established what the player took.

And I would not think it is in Danks interest to be forthcoming and gratuitous with information.

Me neither!

Simply for the doctor not to know and okay every substance administered to the players by the club is appalling imo, not sure if that is the fault of the doctor or the club or both but it's a serious breakdown in ethical practice either way.

I think Doc Reid's substantiates that good doctor was fully aware of the serious ramifications of observed practices.

Allegedly the good doctors letter got to Essendon CEO Ian Robson.

Robson was sacked because all this happened on his watch. And the good doctor.....?

Reid had tough choices... Escalate serious issue or resign. He squibbed on both fronts.

• Like 4

He was in the room when Nathan Lovett-Murray was injected on the Gold Coast... I cannot believe the line about Reid's diminishing power when Reid was part of overseeing the injections.

"Highlighting the diminished power of veteran club doctor Bruce Reid at the time, Lovett-Murray said Reid had told him on at least two occasions the injections would be useless. He said Dank and Reid were in the room when he was injected."

I put my trust in Stephen Dank, retired Bomber Nathan Lovett-Murray says