Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

"Integrity of my football Club"

"cooperate with ASADA"

"responsibilities for the health and welfare of the Players"

"as coach I take full responsibility for that takes place in the football department"

"want a clean bill of health"

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

• Like 2

Oh no but he went on oath 18 months later to say that he didn't mean any of that stuff and was 'forced' to say it.

Do you think a court will believe James Tird would be 'forced' to say anything? The slime does what he wants, whenever he wants,

• Like 1

Oh no but he went on oath 18 months later to say that he didn't mean any of that stuff and was 'forced' to say it.

Do you think a court will believe James Tird would be 'forced' to say anything? The slime does what he wants, whenever he wants,

No. I think Hird is telling the truth when he says he was forced to lie about wanting the truth to come out :lol:.

He was forced into by dint of the offer of a year's paid holiday to France at full pay ($1m) and an extended contract. Admittedly it was always going to be a tough call but forced, he most certainly was.

And there seems to be no end to the money problems over there at Bomberland ~ Paul Chapman’s future at Essendon in doubt as contract talks break down.

Sad, really.

No. I think Hird is telling the truth when he says he was forced to lie about wanting the truth to come out :lol:.

He was forced into by dint of the offer of a year's paid holiday to France at full pay ($1m) and an extended contract. Admittedly it was always going to be a tough call but forced, he most certainly was.

And there seems to be no end to the money problems over there at Bomberland ~ Paul Chapman’s future at Essendon in doubt as contract talks break down.

Sad, really.

yeah...real sad !!! I dont think so !!!

Sad, really.

The AFL should make them pay the remaining $1.6 million dollar fine ASAP.

As long as the fine is not paid they should not allowed to participate in drafts etc.

Let the real PAIN begin!

• Like 1

Hird, Goodwin and Byrne were reportedly injected with the "research" only, powerful and Wada S2 'growth hormone releasing peptide' Hexarelin.

What were the rules regarding support staff in 2012? Anyone

http://www.blueskypeptide.com/blog/2014/10/04/hexarelin/

Pretty sure support staff could take whatever they wanted

Its not like they are doing the running

Pretty sure support staff could take whatever they wanted

Its not like they are doing the running

just experimenting, huh?

for what purpose?

"only to be used in clinical research studies in a laboratory setting under strict guidelines"

Hird, Goodwin and Byrne were reportedly injected with the "research" only, powerful and Wada S2 'growth hormone releasing peptide' Hexarelin.

What were the rules regarding support staff in 2012? Anyone

http://www.blueskypeptide.com/blog/2014/10/04/hexarelin/

Just pray that Roos and Jackson did their due diligence when hiring Goodwin and that he was 100% honest with them

• Like 1

The Age 24/8/13. Dank interview extract.

NM: Did James Hird know he was taking [WADA-banned drug] Hexarelin or is it possible that he was just told that he was taking amino acids?

SD: He was told it was Hexarelin. It was discussed with him at length. He asked me if players could use it and I said no. Mind you, he wasn't the only coach who was a regular user of it. [The AFL has alleged that James Hird was injected with "amino acids" by Dank. "Amino acids" is a generic term for proteins. The AFL has said Hird “made no inquiries" about what the amino acids he was injected with were or whether “the substance he was to be injected with” were banned by WADA or the AFL.]

NM: Who else was using it?

SD: [Coaching staff] Simon Goodwin and James Byrne.

NM: Why were Hird, Goodwin and Byrne using Hexarelin in the first place?

SD: Because at the end of the day, they are in very, very stressful jobs, they are getting a little bit older in life, so like a good many thousands of other people around the country . . . they were using something to give them a little bit of a lift, to confront the stresses of their job, and something that they were well entitled to use. Whatever I think of James Hird as a bloke, and you can appreciate it is at an all-time low at the moment, in no circumstances did James Hird do or take anything he wasn't entitled to do.

NM: Wasn't that setting a bad example, that you were giving the coach of a footy club a peptide the rest of the footy club couldn't use?

SD: Not at all. In no way, shape or form does it set a bad example. How many coaches in their 40s in any country in any code of sport are using testosterone? So how is it a bad example?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-science-of-stephen-dank-20130823-2shhd.html

I am more concerned that this is one of MFCs misjudgments......

Don't be concerned, it is.

I am more concerned that this is one of MFCs misjudgments......

I just hope they've done more than a series of interviews. We've tried that before.

It also concerns me that someone who demonstrated poor judgement and (for all i've heard) no positive influence on a bad situation is going to be our senior coach. Now good judgement and integrity are central elements to leadership success. I have many questions and sadly will have to wait and see with answers.

Don't be concerned, it is.

Could you elaborate?

And do you think McCartney = insurance policy?

As a paid up spectator in the bleachers I can heartedly summise that theres a big difference between Goodwin and Tird. Gw , thoug in some ways party to the initial silliness , has seen the error of his ways and moved on. That other narcissistic bugger still thinks he's right, as he would.

I dont think anyone at the MFC are stupid ( now ) and there will have been many a hard question put to Simon. The club will know all there is to know thats relevant. Possibly still a little fallout but i dont see Goodwin being in Asada's firing line......all Cannons are lined up elsewhere :rolleyes:

My God DF cant you sleep?

4.13 am WA time!

I been up since just after 2 am OD and had already drive for 2 hours before I posted that comment.

Don't worry DF he is only an assistant they are expendable.

But he lines up to be the main man soon.

I been up since just after 2 am OD and had already drive for 2 hours before I posted that comment.

A serious change of lifestyle is in order here DF.

the current one cannot be good for your health long term

Could you elaborate?

And do you think McCartney = insurance policy?

I can not believe the MFC selected a future Senior coach from a Club that has no ethics and IMO should be expelled from the league.

It was reported be had injected ban drugs into himself and previous had gambling issues. IMO what a really trustworthy/winner this guy appears to be!

On top of all that, he did not even have the decency to play for the right AFL team, but that is another story.

I can so close to not supporting the MFC after his appointment, as it concerned me that the MFC appear to be supporting drug cheats. IMO the MFC should have let the ASADA/AFL etc. investigations be completed before touching anyone from this unethical and morally bankrupt club. this includes even the water boys.

I don't think McCartney was recruited as a future Senior Coach as this practice only destabilises teams.