POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

Says the guy who has to preface his remark by "I usually don't agree with you, but".

I rarely agree with the dolts that frequent this site, but if I do, I don't preface it with an insult.

And no, I don't use social skills with make believe personas on the internet. It's a waste of my time.

What's wrong with stating that we have different opinions? I didn't say my opinion is better than yours, which is exactly what you expressed by saying 'you're rarely right'.

The way you speak, it sounds as though you regard yourself as the modern day Julius Caeser of Demonland.

What's wrong with stating that we have different opinions? I didn't say my opinion is better than yours, which is exactly what you expressed by saying 'you're rarely right'.

The way you speak, it sounds as though you regard yourself as the modern day Julius Caeser of Demonland.

....more like Kim Jong Un

3qav71.jpg

Edited by Young Dee

Don't go too early on Spencer. His competitiveness to follow up the ball and get involved around the ground are great strengths. But Gawn is much more effective around the ground. He also can win a hit out that's for sure, but he was up against GC's 3rd string ruck in Gorringe. It's not like he did it against a senior ruck. Jamar and Gawn both would've had 40 or 50 hit out tonight as well. But I do agree Spencer provides the best value from his hit outs when he wins them.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do against Sandilands next week. A great test for him.

Jamar is finished. agree with the rest.

i love when Jake Spencer tackled Ablett and smashed him into the turf

Spencer is a keeper cos he has fight and the will to compete, unlike most our list

Gives 100% effort across the ground

In "Ruckman years" he is still young hh.

I like him too

But I am biased.

I suppose we all see what we want to see. You enjoy the smart decisions and classy ball use and I see a player that picks and chooses the contests he enters.

I see a player that will never influence a cutthroat final. I see a player that gets brushed aside in a red hot cauldron. If you can't perform in finals you're as useful as a cold pie.

Pass the sauce.

I reckon in a cutthroat final it's the players with cool heads able to find the ball and make and execute good decisions that win them for you. Watts is one such player, Lewis Jetta is another who showed his worth last year.

It would be better if Watts was silly brake and silk as well but the silk is harder to find and invaluable IMO. The Campbell Browns and Mitch Robinson's of the world are easy to find and the solders who pad things out. Watts could be the difference.

And we'll never agree but I don't buy the "soft as butter" tag. He's not "brave" but he's not as soft as you like to paint him.

BTW Titan, it was Craig who said Davis competed in the air really well on Saturday.

I reckon in a cutthroat final it's the players with cool heads able to find the ball and make and execute good decisions that win them for you. Watts is one such player, Lewis Jetta is another who showed his worth last year.

It would be better if Watts was silly brake and silk as well but the silk is harder to find and invaluable IMO. The Campbell Browns and Mitch Robinson's of the world are easy to find and the solders who pad things out. Watts could be the difference.

And we'll never agree but I don't buy the "soft as butter" tag. He's not "brave" but he's not as soft as you like to paint him.

There's a tonne of "in between" when one compares Campbell Brown and Watts. It doesn't have to be either/or.

You could say they're polar opposites, which is my issue.

And yes, we'll agree to differ.

I think Watts is 7-10kg shy of his ideal playing weight and that he will be one of those players that takes a long time to reach his zenith. His game on Saturday was just fair apart from his two great goals. He needs to be instructed to take off every time as soon as he gets the ball.

I think Watts is 7-10kg shy of his ideal playing weight and that he will be one of those players that takes a long time to reach his zenith. His game on Saturday was just fair apart from his two great goals. He needs to be instructed to take off every time as soon as he gets the ball.

This may go to the core of the problem will little Jackie. I would have thought a decent player would just KNOW to do that. He seems labored with the problem of finding impetus at these junctures. Just do it Jack.. simples

This may go to the core of the problem will little Jackie. I would have thought a decent player would just KNOW to do that. He seems labored with the problem of finding impetus at these junctures. Just do it Jack.. simples

I think his biggest issue is he doesn't know what sort of player he is, is he a tall mid, a medium forward, a ruckman or a half back flanker, the role you play around the ground might be very different, new coach needs to give him a role and stick with it, providing he is with us next year of course.

• Like 1

Hird and Pendlebury both had/have similar lackadaisical styles, both favouring balance over the space that can be created from a burst of speed. However Hird and Pendlebury both fumble less, are both stronger and braver and have better decision making. In saying this, Watts is faster than both and should be using his pace.

Hird ..light years ahead of Jackie.

Watts has ALL the skills ...for him its all between the ears stuff. Jimmy H , for anything else he was/is , exhibited brilliance on the filed in terms of KNOWING what to do.. Jack seems all at sea by comparison.

Pendles is an interesting comparison actually. Again...comes down to the little grey cells me thinks. JHC I wish JW would click :unsure:

You need to stop saying 'simples'...

• Like 2

Hird ..light years ahead of Jackie.

Watts has ALL the skills ...for him its all between the ears stuff. Jimmy H , for anything else he was/is , exhibited brilliance on the filed in terms of KNOWING what to do.. Jack seems all at sea by comparison.

Pendles is an interesting comparison actually. Again...comes down to the little grey cells me thinks. JHC I wish JW would click :unsure:

No doubt, but I was just making the point that not all great players are 'bull at a gate' like Todd Viney and Leigh Matthews.

I think his biggest issue is he doesn't know what sort of player he is, is he a tall mid, a medium forward, a ruckman or a half back flanker, the role you play around the ground might be very different, new coach needs to give him a role and stick with it, providing he is with us next year of course.

the abletts and judds of this world dont worry so much over the role when it comes to exhibiting basic footy nous. Granted JW isn that type of role.

If I had to describe Watts with one word it would be "waiting" ....whether its for some cerebal instruction or waiting for someone to lead, or indeed someone to coach :rolleyes: Hes always f'n waiting

He needs to, as Kennedy would suggest, just DO. Let other events evolve from that. He HAS all the abilites and skills to impact a game...everything except the desire to do so. Maybe thats in the box of magical fixes that he's also 'waiting' on.. who knows .

• Like 1

You need to stop saying 'simples'...

you need to just stop

No doubt, but I was just making the point that not all great players are 'bull at a gate' like Todd Viney and Leigh Matthews.

Not suggesting he has to be, but all great players dont constantly second guess all the time

i love when Jake Spencer tackled Ablett and smashed him into the turf

Spencer is a keeper cos he has fight and the will to compete, unlike most our list

Gives 100% effort across the ground

He embarasses the others sometimes with his second and third efforts and pressure acts when chasing guys light years more athletically gifted than himself.

Spencer has really worked hard to make it and I hope he does.

He also averages more tackles per game this year than Watts and Blease, which is a travesty (and also a large reason that Blease is currently languishing

for Casey)

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tr-melbourne-demons?year=2013&rt=TA&st=TA

• Like 1

Watts does not have a quick thinking footy brain.

Those who do see without looking.

Jack has to look before he sees.

I'm not so sure, Jack reads the play as well as anyone i have seen in a long time down back, perhaps he is just caught up by the fact the rest of the team is moving so slowly sometimes.

He embarasses the others sometimes with his second and third efforts and pressure acts when chasing guys light years more athletically gifted than himself.

Spencer has really worked hard to make it and I hope he does.

He also averages more tackles per game this year than Watts and Blease, which is a travesty (and also a large reason that Blease is currently languishing

for Casey)

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tr-melbourne-demons?year=2013&rt=TA&st=TA

Yes it must have been all that mentoring Jamar has been giving!

I like Spencer but I think he could take some more contested marks around the ground and also focus on his tap work (so like Gawn)

He could also look at getting a different hair-do (so he doesn't look like napoleon dynamite)

napoleon-dynamite.jpg130510Spencer.jpg

Edited by Young Dee