Changes v Gold Coast

Deespicable

If he doesn't play it would be strange.

Good luck to him it is probably his last roll of the dice at afl level, hopefully he shows some of that vfl form in the afl.

Edited by deanox

Just wondering on people's thought son Pederson. People say that he is lazy and doesn't hit the contest hard but over the last few games when he's played in defence he has been able to play the third man up and seems to be able to take marks in our defensive 50. I think he has a place in our team as a third tall defender who can help chop out Frawley and Mcdonalds forwards and also probably have to play on the resting ruckman in the forward line which most teams do these days? Garland is good but probably a bit short to play on the oppositions marking ruckman?

I think Pedersen's best hope at this level is to trim right down and play as a third tall in defence, he is not big/strong enough to outmark opponents or play on gorillas even as 2nd tall option. I think he is not a bad user of the football but see problems with him getting to a contest and impacting it due mainly to lacking a yard. A few kilos off could see him being more effective and also possibly get away from an opponent when we were clearing the ball from our defensive 50. Edited by Pennant St Dee

Wtf 2 changes, the side has been well beaten the last few weeks and we make 2 changes. They say they don't want to gift players games. Well there are about 10 players being gifted games for the last few weeks. Thought this coach would have some balls and drop some of the well named players.

Cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troy Davis finally

about bloody time

Will you be saying that come late Saturday evening?

I'm not convinced he's good enough but I hope he plays forward and gets a couple of kicks. Beware Gold Coast we have the power forward combination of Fitzpatrick, Davis and Watts coming right at you.

• Like 1

Glad to see Troy finally gets a game, hope they don't make him sub for the game. At least he has a crack when he goes onto the field

That he does. Congrats Troy. Please be kind to the ball :unsure:

Geebus the kids got guns !!! :o

.......Sigh

Someone somewhere has something against James Strauss... and James Magner

Seconded. Congratulations to Troy, I hope he goes well. For my part I'm pleased to see he got a game and think he has earned it.

Happy to see Troy get a game.

Does he go the way of Jack Fitzpatrick, or the way of Tom MacNamara. Give him the last 4 games and it's in his hands.

Agree HFF. Give him the rest of the season rather than have a nervous player back in the 2's before he has a chance to find his feet. Fitzpatrick has been given more time and whilst not starring week in week out we have been able to see potential.

.......Sigh

Someone somewhere has something against James Strauss... and James Magner

I don't think so YD not sure why you upgrade Magner and not play him

But leaving that aside they are both very average AFL players.

That why they are not picked

VFL is their level.

VFL is their level.

The trouble with that line of thinking is that Fitzpatrick would not have seen the light of day.

• Like 1

VFL is their level.

How can you say VFL is Strauss' level when he dominates at Casey and yet is never given a chance at AFL?

and I suppose Davey, Pederson and McKenzie are all AFL level?

Edited by Young Dee

The trouble with that line of thinking is that Fitzpatrick would not have seen the light of day.

Don't agree RtG Magner played a number of games last year ( 19 games )and we have been watching Strauss for three years ( 22 games ).

We know exactly what they are capable of producing.

Edited by old dee

How can you say VFL is Strauss' level when he dominates at Casey and yet is never given a chance at AFL?

and I suppose Davey, Pederson and McKenzie are all AFL level?

Ever wondered why they play well at Casey and Struggle at AFL level?

Davey is past it, Pedersen and Mckenzie are also not much, I am not as fan of either but they are IMO s a bit better than Strauss.

YD we are the worst side in the AFL with the worst list, all the above would not get a game with any other AFL team.

Time to face facts we have a lot of VFL level players.

• Like 1

Ever wondered why they play well at Casey and Struggle at AFL level?

Davey is past it, Pedersen and Mckenzie are also not much, I am not as fan of either but they are IMO s a bit better than Strauss.

YD we are the worst side in the AFL with the worst list, all the above would not get a game with any other AFL team.

Time to face facts we have a lot of VFL level players.

Let's be clear on this. Are you saying we are [censored] OD?

• Like 1