• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Furious

Choko

spot on choko

I feel sick, that we have destroyed the Coaching career of a very good person, who was bright eyed & bushy tailed about the Job ahead, & the Took On the biggest challenge in footy...

the problem largely was timing... If he came in to rebuild this Club from the bootlaces up in 2007, he would have been given 3 Yrs, But after we've already endured 4 Yrs of Sacrificial Pain, the people just didn't have any more patience left, & with the angst of the list

prune, it was just too much.

we got rid of most of this crapp Culture under Barassi & Ray Jordan,,, 85% to 95% of it was fixed... it lasted us 10 great years, thru the Northey era, & early Balme...

... we Need the AFL now,,, to take charge of this, and guarantee a Topline Coach his tenure, to get to the Nitty Griity of this rubbish Culture...

honestly this is just complete B s. if you don't agree please read the various articles in today's HeraldSun including all the stats.

The Board did Not engage a coach to get rid of or downgrade senior players. It did Not engage a coach to start again with the list, it did Not engage a coach to recruit 4 has beens who couldn't get a game elsewhere, it did Not engage a coach to introduce a gameplan unsuited to our list. Neeld, who I think was out of his depth, made a series of awful decisions.

I mention 1 which really irritates me. Many posters now have No time for Moloney. I disagree but respect their views. But please tell me what was the sense in downgrading Brad Green, a loved and respected Demon all his career;why should a man like Green be humiliated? The damage done by such moves was serious and permanent. The coach had no idea we would lose v Brisbane in R1 last year, did not realize that the 2 kid captains, would be out of their depth, and that a run of 9 losses had started.

Sorry , I feel concerned for Mark Neeld, his family etc, but to suggest he should not have been sacked is fatuous nonsense

• Like 4

It may have started as a rebuild, but under Neeld it had become a disintegration. And I don't accept it was a rebuild. That's a convenient term used by Neeld to excuse the pathetic performances. He never used the term "rebuild" in his first year.

You say that strong clubs don't fold to speculation. Geelong has never experienced our plight. Geelong has never finished bottom 4 since the AFL's inception in 1990. Geelong nearly sacked Thompson in 2006. We'd kill for Geelong's performances from 2006.

There's no point mentioning the Gold Coast. No coach of a start up club was going to be sacked after 2 years.

Hawthorn sacked Schwab and Judge prior to Clarkson. But I suppose that was OK ?

What you seem to be forgetting, or ignoring, is that this team was uncompetitive. It has a worse percentage than GWS. It has the worst percentage at this stage of the year in living memory. We barely win quarters of football. Almost half of Neeld's losses are by over 10 goals. He gave mixed messages when it suited him. He said we'd be better quicker than the media said. He said don't listen to them before the season started then conveniently says it will take 5 years after it's gone pear-shaped. Sadly, you've bought his unmitigated crap.

You're definitely right that we embarrass the AFL, which is why Neeld had to go. His team's performances ensured that. We know the Board has failed miserably and we know Schwab is just as guilty. But it doesn't excuse Neeld's disastrous tenure, nor his delusional attitude.

I put it to you that Neeld will stand alongside Murray Weideman and Royce Hart as the worst coaches in my lifetime. Apologies to Dennis Jones.

You clearly confuse my criticism of the MFC for Neeld protecting which you clearly miss the mark

I've already discussed developing sides in prior threads - am not going to waste my time arguing minute points about the hawks or cats - you miss the point completely - it's not about Neelds performance, it's not why Neeld was sacked - it's about the MFCs inability to have a plan and stick to that plan - It's about the people in charge wasting the Members time and money over and over again, it's about the board not being accountable to anyone

The whole club is not AFL standard - I don't know how you can trust any decision made from the top

Don't waste my time with the above rubbish - you don't need to justify Neelds sacking it's obvious - but 1 thing is very clear - Jacksons comment re Neelds sacking were clear - so how if the MFC was rebuilding the rebuild, so how exactly were those factors realistic??

Point is - The MFC changed it's direction or the direction was not clear - again a major flaw/failing from the top

If Jackson was not in charge of the club (and now the AFL) how could you trust any decision from this board? The MFC FD has no chance with such a poor foundation of a club...... Neelds fate can and will most likely be the same fate of the coach - I can say that confidently as this fractured, impotent club has and won't achieve anything

The criteria you so readily judge Neeld on - I am judging the Administration - and I don't need too much evidence that since 2000 all administrations have been pretty bloody poor -

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 1

What did he say?

Don't have quotes Demonland - it was a quick grab on the ch 7 news i caught

But it was reminiscent of Moloney Instagram pic - kind of gloating in the demise of the MFC post himself

Just indicated to me there are people in and around the club happy to see the club fail - which says to me the club is still fractured inside and out...... thumbsdown

How do we honestly expect the club to succeed on field when this crap continues?

Again it indicates a poor performance of prior and current boards - fracturing reliationships

Yes what a mess! My thinking is that a young assistant coach was brought in with instructions to change the soft culture of the playing group that had developed well before he arrived and under the watch of CS, CC and others in much better positions to have done something about it. Instead they were part of the problem and happy for the new kid to carry the can for change. The Board were obviously in thrall to a smooth talking CS and were next to useless. After the debt demolition thanks to Jim and then the AFL equalisation money that was pumped into the club, I can't help but think it was used as a gravy train for the old boys and we found ourselves with a top heavy admin and a bloated FD with too many people on good salaries but little responsibility. That [censored] up in Shanghai in 2010 was an early sign of club money being [censored] down the drain for what gain? What sponsorships did we pick up from that junket? What inroads have we made into China? Is none the right answer.

Spot on mate

Failure after failure - in all aspects of the business by a lot of MFC boards

The failures continue, and it's us 'the members' who suffer not these blokes

It has taken an ex bomber ceo to sort our problems out. We someone who bleeds blue and red to run the club not necessarily the best. Based on this scenario most of us will only bleed red.

No, your figure head has to be your own person..

would you have a foreigner as President of Australia? maybe Putin? maybe G Bush jnr?

No get the best to run the Admin', & the footy dept' Inc' the coaches, selecting the type of gamestyle that suits the club, & get the best. In our case we need a topline experienced premiership coach, but not one who fell into one, & then fell out in spectacular fashion...

we don't have another 10 years... to work thru 5 yrs of a development coach like Choco, & then get a Roos after...

Edited by dee-luded

Not sure Neeld is backing you up on that one mate. As recently as last night he was explaining away his big losses by saying he didn't put players behind the ball because players don't learn that way. Personally I think his recollections could be a bit hazy :)

Hehe. Very true. I was at an event this year when Jade Rawlings talked about the 2 or 3 games where we put men behind the ball, including Clark, Howe and a ruck man!

• Like 1

honestly this is just complete B s. if you don't agree please read the various articles in today's HeraldSun including all the stats.

The Board did Not engage a coach to get rid of or downgrade senior players. It did Not engage a coach to start again with the list, it did Not engage a coach to recruit 4 has beens who couldn't get a game elsewhere, it did Not engage a coach to introduce a gameplan unsuited to our list. Neeld, who I think was out of his depth, made a series of awful decisions.

I mention 1 which really irritates me. Many posters now have No time for Moloney. I disagree but respect their views. But please tell me what was the sense in downgrading Brad Green, a loved and respected Demon all his career;why should a man like Green be humiliated? The damage done by such moves was serious and permanent. The coach had no idea we would lose v Brisbane in R1 last year, did not realize that the 2 kid captains, would be out of their depth, and that a run of 9 losses had started.

Sorry , I feel concerned for Mark Neeld, his family etc, but to suggest he should not have been sacked is fatuous nonsense

you must be Blind... brad green was One of the softest players we've had at Melbounren & to make him a leader was Totally Wrong..

he only put his head down over the ball for one & a bit seasons, & even then he couldn't do it well, putting his head in the way, he was so awkward at it.

... as soon as he had the captaincy, this head over the ball leadership vanished... he was hopeless & thats why the bombers sought him out in the 2000 grand final... they new, or Sheedy New he was soft & easily put off his game with intimidation.

...all these well spoken postors who have less than 400 posts to their avatars, well at least their alter ego avatars... whats your day avatar SS12? one of Fans merry men. one of the factions who would want to bring back danners, with jeff.

Neeld was doing a dirty job cutting the rotten eggs out, that started under danihers reign, & that of the board at the time which included that advertising junkee?

That Is where this all started, & many of those players who got their cheap kicks with No Bruises where the forerunners to the Mortons & Bennells... those kids just took the lead of their senior role models. ... and this is why we could never develop any of our Kids.

Oh I did not say he shouldn't have been sacked... the results, indeed the size of the results determined that... I have no problem with the list pruning that neeld was undertaking, but we had to bring in some mature top line players who were near the end.. Players of class like a Chapman, not a Rodan. Dawes is fine as is I think will be Pederson, but gillies not sure.

we had to pull out the old players who were the bearers of the old culture... this is the way to stop the handdown of the viral rot. including the hard at it but not so smart beamer. interesting that the Cats chose him as a trade, re for the Ottens/Thompson trade.

... and a game plan unsuited??? so you want to run ahead of the ball still after all these years since daniher. stuie, the game is a contested game. if it doesn't suit us, we better start a soccer club.

Edited by dee-luded

you must be Blind... brad green was One of the softest players we've had at Melbounren & to make him a leader was Totally Wrong..

he only put his head down over the ball for one & a bit seasons, & even then he couldn't do it well, putting his head in the way, he was so awkward at it.

... as soon as he had the captaincy, this head over the ball leadership vanished... he was hopeless & thats why the bombers sought him out in the 2000 grand final... they new, or Sheedy New he was soft & easily put off his game with intimidation.

...all these well spoken postors who have less than 400 posts to their avatars, well at least their alter ego avatars... whats your day avatar SS12? one of Fans merry men. one of the factions who would want to bring back danners, with jeff.

Neeld was doing a dirty job cutting the rotten eggs out, that started under danihers reign, & that of the board at the time which included that advertising junkee?

That Is where this all started, & many of those players who got their cheap kicks with No Bruises where the forerunners to the Mortons & Bennells... those kids just took the lead of their senior role models. ... and this is why we could never develop any of our Kids.

Oh I did not say he shouldn't have been sacked... the results, indeed the size of the results determined that... I have no problem with the list pruning that neeld was undertaking, but we had to bring in some mature top line players who were near the end.. Players of class like a Chapman, not a Rodan. Dawes is fine as is I think will be Pederson, but gillies not sure.

we had to pull out the old players who were the bearers of the old culture... this is the way to stop the handdown of the viral rot. including the hard at it but not so smart beamer. interesting that the Cats chose him as a trade, re for the Ottens/Thompson trade.

... and a game plan unsuited??? so you want to run ahead of the ball still after all these years since daniher. stuie, the game is a contested game. if it doesn't suit us, we better start a soccer club.

Absolute rubbish about Brad Green. Not a leader but a great player. Don't you remember his courage in running back with the flight of the ball to take one gutsy mark after another? He received some bad injuries because of his gutsy play. Also, it was very unfair to criticise his game in the GF . He was a FIRST YEAR Player and very raw and young.

• Like 4

You ought to be ashamed of that crap. You really should. I'm not sure that you've got the smarts to realise what an idiotic post that was, but if you ever do get them you're going to want to hide away from this place.

• Like 2

It does sound like AFL is paying, but there's only so many times you can go to the well, and so it jeopardises our ability to get funding and support from the AFL on other issues. And it also makes us entirely reliant on the AFL, so expect more Darwin, Sunday twilight vs GWS.

I couldn't care less to be honest. As long as my football club regains some competitiveness onfield and ignites hope for the supporter base. I'm sick of going every week and knowing we'll lose by between 10-15 goals.

I couldn't care less to be honest. As long as my football club regains some competitiveness onfield and ignites hope for the supporter base. I'm sick of going every week and knowing we'll lose by between 10-15 goals.

Lets see what happens this week

Go the Dees

• Like 1

Oh I did not say he shouldn't have been sacked... the results, indeed the size of the results determined that... I have no problem with the list pruning that neeld was undertaking, but we had to bring in some mature top line players who were near the end.. Players of class like a Chapman, not a Rodan. Dawes is fine as is I think will be Pederson, but gillies

When it gets past midnight and you've had a few drinks, go to bed! Alcohol is the only explanation I can come up with for yourdisgraceful defamation of a 19yo Brad Green playing in his first season who had his jaw busted in the GF

• Like 2

WOW and who said drugs is not a problem at the MFC (off field)!

Edited by TheBigFrog

What we need is to recruit 2 or 3 players with big personalities - players that inspire. Players with strong personalities that provide leadership on and off the field. Uncompromising types. professionals.

.....and who remain uninjured on the field.

We did get Clark and Dawes, professionals who lead, but haven't had them both on the track even once.

you must be Blind... brad green was One of the softest players we've had at Melbounren & to make him a leader was Totally Wrong..he only put his head down over the ball for one & a bit seasons, & even then he couldn't do it well, putting his head in the way, he was so awkward at it. ... as soon as he had the captaincy, this head over the ball leadership vanished... he was hopeless & thats why the bombers sought him out in the 2000 grand final... they new, or Sheedy New he was soft & easily put off his game with intimidation. ...all these well spoken postors who have less than 400 posts to their avatars, well at least their alter ego avatars... whats your day avatar SS12? one of Fans merry men. one of the factions who would want to bring back danners, with jeff. Neeld was doing a dirty job cutting the rotten eggs out, that started under danihers reign, & that of the board at the time which included that advertising junkee? That Is where this all started, & many of those players who got their cheap kicks with No Bruises where the forerunners to the Mortons & Bennells... those kids just took the lead of their senior role models. ... and this is why we could never develop any of our Kids. Oh I did not say he shouldn't have been sacked... the results, indeed the size of the results determined that... I have no problem with the list pruning that neeld was undertaking, but we had to bring in some mature top line players who were near the end.. Players of class like a Chapman, not a Rodan. Dawes is fine as is I think will be Pederson, but gillies not sure. we had to pull out the old players who were the bearers of the old culture... this is the way to stop the handdown of the viral rot. including the hard at it but not so smart beamer. interesting that the Cats chose him as a trade, re for the Ottens/Thompson trade. ... and a game plan unsuited??? so you want to run ahead of the ball still after all these years since daniher. stuie, the game is a contested game. if it doesn't suit us, we better start a soccer club.

Forgive me but might be my less than 400 posts immaturity...Does new = knew? And what is with the capital "N" mid sentence? I would comment on your post however I would not No (know) where to start. Crap with a capital N comes to mind Edited by DeeInWa

.....and who remain uninjured on the field.We did get Clark and Dawes, professionals who lead, but haven't had them both on the track even once.

It's official, Clark has left to concentrate on his photography career, apparently he loves the comments from people who have no idea about photography who post on his twitter page. "Inspiring photo Mitch" "wow can I purchase that?" "Best photo I have ever seen" That is what I am furious about! In all seriousness, remaining uninjured on the field is something we all know we can't recruit. I agree with the earlier post Clark and Dawes will be these players, perhaps a midfielder who can inspire would work nicely Edited by DeeInWa

You clearly confuse my criticism of the MFC for Neeld protecting which you clearly miss the mark

I've already discussed developing sides in prior threads - am not going to waste my time arguing minute points about the hawks or cats - you miss the point completely - it's not about Neelds performance, it's not why Neeld was sacked - it's about the MFCs inability to have a plan and stick to that plan - It's about the people in charge wasting the Members time and money over and over again, it's about the board not being accountable to anyone

The whole club is not AFL standard - I don't know how you can trust any decision made from the top

Don't waste my time with the above rubbish - you don't need to justify Neelds sacking it's obvious - but 1 thing is very clear - Jacksons comment re Neelds sacking were clear - so how if the MFC was rebuilding the rebuild, so how exactly were those factors realistic??

Point is - The MFC changed it's direction or the direction was not clear - again a major flaw/failing from the top

If Jackson was not in charge of the club (and now the AFL) how could you trust any decision from this board? The MFC FD has no chance with such a poor foundation of a club...... Neelds fate can and will most likely be the same fate of the coach - I can say that confidently as this fractured, impotent club has and won't achieve anything

The criteria you so readily judge Neeld on - I am judging the Administration - and I don't need too much evidence that since 2000 all administrations have been pretty bloody poor -

You said: "Player retention, Performance and on field competitiveness indicate that either Jackson didn't agree with the board and the direction when Neeld was appointed in 2012 or Neeld was lied to by the board - a rebuilding club can not meet the demands Jackson outlined - so either the club has folded to pressure of the rebuild or other factors were at play"

I dispute that Neeld told the Board, "we need a complete rebuild". You argument seems based on this premise and that they weren't strong enough to allow Neeld to see it through.

You said: "People have talked about the evaluation of Neeld and he needed to be sacked based on results"

I detect an insinuation that you don't necessarily agree. But if you do agree he needed to be sacked please say so. And no, I'm not familiar with your offerings on other threads, or where you stand on Neeld. I don't read everyone here.

You said: "No strong club folds to speculations and rumours when rebuilding"

As I've already stated, I don't believe the Board was expecting a "rebuild of a rebuild". And how bad did things have to get for them to act ? Fascinated to see your answer.

You said: "Neeld was brought in from my understanding because of poor player performance and standards were well below par at AFL level. Now it seems that the players who were below AFL standard have gotten Neeld fired."

No, Neeld got himself fired, because he walked in the door with a huge stick on got senior players off side. Senior players at a club have a massive effect on the psyche of the group. Ultimately, if you suffer constant heavy defeats it's the coach that accepts responsibility. He accepts responsibility for the list management decisions he's made, where he's failed miserably, the game plan he's trying to implement, and the "buy-in" from the group. Yes, of course the players will also have their judgment day, but Neeld is responsible for his disastrous choices.

As for your other assertions about the Board and their poor performance, who would argue ? No-one disputes they've stuffed up majorly. We all know that. Tell us something new.

But you seem to massively underestimate the disaster that is Mark Neeld.

• Like 1

Just saw Paul Gardner dance on the graves of his replacements on Ch 7

What a joke - this club will end up killing itself. I have no allegiance or any contacts within the club - I just want to see a successful club.

But this bloke confirms for me there are people iin and around the club are working against it.... Mark Neeld is not the issue - fractions within the club most likely start rumors and push their own agendas, it is an embarrassment - I genuinely feel sorry for the next coach who is foolish enough to take this appointment.

The MFC is a genuine embarrassment

he is a first class [censored] who left this club in dire straits. Should shut up commenting on this club.

• Like 1

Hehe. Very true. I was at an event this year when Jade Rawlings talked about the 2 or 3 games where we put men behind the ball, including Clark, Howe and a ruck man!

I posted this in another thread but think it is relevant here too.

Ater the Fremantle game:

Neeld refused to accept his team's work rate was lacking after the Dockers feasted on uncontested possession to open a 71-point lead by halftime in the 19.16 (130) to 6.4 (40) defeat.

"I don't think the effort was too bad ... when you put three guys behind the ball, those numbers get skewed quite a bit," he said.

In the week after the Fremantle game:

Neeld said he was not looking for short term measures and was determined to develop his youngsters for the long term success of the club

Neeld said he choose not to flood the backline last week, when Melbourne was being dominated by Fremantle, because it wouldn’t help his team’s development.

“It would have been an easy thing to go and put all these numbers behind the ball, but we aren’t going to learn anything from that ... we are coaching to develop these players,” he said.

• Like 4

You said: "Player retention, Performance and on field competitiveness indicate that either Jackson didn't agree with the board and the direction when Neeld was appointed in 2012 or Neeld was lied to by the board - a rebuilding club can not meet the demands Jackson outlined - so either the club has folded to pressure of the rebuild or other factors were at play"

I dispute that Neeld told the Board, "we need a complete rebuild". You argument seems based on this premise and that they weren't strong enough to allow Neeld to see it through.

That line is why I am not going to give your post any further thought - No disrespect intended BH but you don't address the core issues at all

Where is your evidence? I take my opinion from what Neeld has said in the media and the direction of the club in recruiting and player retention. Why would you delist Pettered and other senior players if you weren't rebuilding the club?

Why would you play a team full of players with less then 2 years AFL experience if you weren't rebuilding?

Why would you recrate for the future in Hogan like we did if we weren't rebuilding?

If this wasn't the direction the club wanted to take (rebuild) it was clearly not communicated to Neeld from board level otherwise Neelds actions since he has been at the club were complete opposite/contradiction to what the club wanted. I make this statement as In Jackson press conference Monday - when he communicated why Neeld was sacked they are a complete contradiction of the direction of the club under Neeld

So unless you address my points to the overall argument that the MFC has no direction and has underperformed as a whole entity since at least the early 2000 and the sacking of another coach is another waste of time (2 years) and wasting more money the club clearly does not have and don't just say you disagree I am not going to bother responding

Why don't I have the right to be angry with the Administration of this club? Why do they get to chop and change direction? You don't have to look far to see what direction successful clubs in 2013 took back in the early 2000's to rebuild. No matter what your opinion of the list prior to Neeld and the list post Neeld it's pretty clear this will be a rebuild of a rebuild of a rebuild which indicates the club has no direction and has wasted the Members time, and the pressure on the new coach will be extreme.

I forsee the same crap 2 years down the track and that's why I see us as a weak club

For me it truly goes back to 186. Where the board back flipped on its decision to get rid of Schwab. If Schwab was about to be sacked for meddling in FD matters and proving a divisive figure among the playing group - why then was he key in appointing Neeld and the restructuring of the FD?

Of course Schwab was going to favour the most inexperienced yet disciplinarian coach, of course he was going to set up a FD structure where key personnel were under his thumb. I'm furious that that decision lead us to having one of the worst performing teams in living memory and a world's worst practice FD setup.

• Like 1

Honestly, there comes a time to cut your losses.

Neeld has been a disaster. 5 wins only ( 4 against expansion sides, and 1 fluke ), not so much as 1 honourable loss over his tenure, average losing margin of 10 goals, 5 losses by more than 100 points, an average of 102.5 disposals less per game than our opposition, a game worst ever average of minus 27.7 contested possessions, and the worst percentage since Fitzroy in 1996.

Crowds at rock bottom, the club a laughing stock.

Unsustainable, undefendable. :mad:

I am furious.

We are an unprofessional bunch of mugs. But it's worse than that. Our club sells fraudulent hope, and ruins the careers of perfectly good and competent people, whether they be players or coaches.

Make no mistake - Mark Neeld was told to come in and put a rocket up every single senior player. He was given unprecedented scope to do it his way and change the festering wound that is the MFC. Then, he cops it and has his career destroyed based on doing nothing more than executing his plan. Yes, it may have been a flawed execution, but he was given 3 years to do it because it was, and is, the hardest task in football. He didn't get the chance because everyone got spooked.

Make no mistake - Bailey was told to lose. Then, when it suited, the administration turfed him too for not winning enough.

When I think of all the money donated, all the functions where bulltish was spouted out of the mouths of these people. All the suspicions about disharmony, lack of professionalism were dismissed.... yet, it was almost all true.

I get that almost all those involved in the above issues are going, going and gone from the club. But the lack of spine and the level of incompetence and dishonesty is literally breathtaking.

Rant over.

• Like 2

Absolute rubbish about Brad Green. Not a leader but a great player. Don't you remember his courage in running back with the flight of the ball to take one gutsy mark after another? He received some bad injuries because of his gutsy play. Also, it was very unfair to criticise his game in the GF . He was a FIRST YEAR Player and very raw and young.

He only did it for 12 months.. He's not a leader in any top team.

he started to put the head over the ball for one & a half seasons & continued to get hurt, he was hopeless at it... then he was given the captaincy, & immediately stopped putting head over ball.

he played footy like a soccer player.

I like how they do it before the St. Kilda game. We are likely to be somewhat competitive against them regardless of our coach.

They could have at least allowed Neeld the dignity of being removed before playing one of the stronger teams.

• Like 1