Your attendance at games is needed ...

Nothing to do with it... a challenge to find a worse period was put up and so I took it up. No one believes Neeld is doing a good job, but some of us believe he should be given the opportunity to complete his rebuild (end of this year). No doubt people like Ben Her, yourself and a few others would have been leading the charge to have Bomber Thompson sacked had you been Geelong supporters at that time.

If Neeld made a prelim and semi in the last two years he'd probably have some leeway. Comparing Neeld to Thompson circa 2006 is quite ridiculous.

I'd still like to know whether the club receives additional financial benefit from membrs turning up if they have already paid for their seats. No-one seems to be able to answer that so I'll assume having paid my $550 already I am not hurting the club financially at all by not turning up to some games.

If Neeld made a prelim and semi in the last two years he'd probably have some leeway. Comparing Neeld to Thompson circa 2006 is quite ridiculous.

I'd still like to know whether the club receives additional financial benefit from membrs turning up if they have already paid for their seats. No-one seems to be able to answer that so I'll assume having paid my $550 already I am not hurting the club financially at all by not turning up to some games.

The comparison between Thompson and Neeld is not based on performance... it is about the fact that Thompson was given the chance to continue his work, a decision made that flew in the face of supporters/members calling for his sacking. Neeld has stated from the outset that a complete rebuild would be undertaken... he has already set up the forward line going ahead with some very good recruitment in Dawes, Clark and Hogan. The back line was already reasonably well set up, our ruck stocks are not too bad and the midfield is now the only area in which we are really falling down. It is obvious that if allowed to continue his work, Neeld will be recruiting experienced mids and possibly an experienced defender.

All along I have said that he should be given the opportunity to complete this and then if he cannot show improvement next year with a complete list, he will obviously be replaced - to repeat, I believe that replacing him now will only fracture the playing group more and will not result in an improved performance. This is just my opinion and if the likes of BH wish to deride me for having that opinion, then so be it. If the club decides to terminate Neeld before this season is out...again, so be it. The club will do what they see fit and all of the bleating by the likes of BH will not sway them one way or the other.

I also mentioned in an earlier post that I have no issue with paid up members not attending games... I just question whether BH is indeed a paid up member as with his stance I would be more inclined to believe he is holding off buying a membership until Neeld is gone.

• Like 1

Those of us who survived those mostly horrible years between The Red Fox and Swooper know what real hopelessness is all about. In those pre draft days we were stuck with an ageing metropolitan zone and a patchy country one. There are numerous examples in recent years of teams turning their fortunes around in the short term to be at least regularly competitive . I've missed only two Victorian home games ( through illness ) since the late 1950's . For me ,attendance is like a family duty.

Thanks Dee-eee. This made me smile. Im looking forward to being at the G on Monday.

• Like 1

The comparison between Thompson and Neeld is not based on performance... it is about the fact that Thompson was given the chance to continue his work, a decision made that flew in the face of supporters/members calling for his sacking.

Ridiculous to compare the two. Absolutely and completely ridiculous. If that is the best you have then it would be best if you just gave up right now. Are you seriously suggesting that - without any other comparisons that hold water - because one coach had a mediocre run and was under a bit of pressure, that no other team that is having a horror run and with a coach that is a dead man walking should make a head coach change?

Really?

If it was Bomber coaching us, and we were in this mire then I'd listen to you pointing back to his history, and how he deserved the benefit of the doubt because of his record. Maybe.

You judge Neeld on his performance at this club under these pressures, and nothing else. Anything else is just grabbing at rainbows.

Edited by Carrot Top
  • Like 1

Really?

Settle down... does it really matter what I think? Will it make any difference to what the club does? No... just like anything you or anyone else on here might say, it will not make an iota of a difference as to what happens to the coach or the board at the MFC.

Edited by hardtack

Settle down... does it really matter what I think? Will it make any difference to what the club does? No... just like anything you or anyone else on here might say, it will not make an iota of a difference as to what happens to the coach or the board at the MFC.

And yet you have 3859 posts, and you happily go the throat of those that you have issue with.

Mate, it's both barrels to us when you think you are right, but if you make an idiotic comment we're supposed to back away because it doesn't matter?

Lightweight.

And yet you have 3859 posts, and you happily go the throat of those that you have issue with.

Mate, it's both barrels to us when you think you are right, but if you make an idiotic comment we're supposed to back away because it doesn't matter?

Lightweight.

Where did that come from? Care to show me where I have "gone the throat" with anyone and where I am going both barrels? And what does my post count have to do with anything? Weird post.

James 1:5 , 6 “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.”

On comparing Neeld to Thompson - the comparison is fair-ish. In 2006 there was huge speculation over Thompson's future and there was a lot of pressure from Geelong supporters who weren't happy. That is similar to what is going on with us right now. Clearly Geelong wasn't as bad as we are right now, but that's not really the point. There were Geelong supporters in 2006 who did not want Thompson coaching in 2007 because they didn't think he was meeting expectations and they didn't think he'd be the one to take them to their next flag. That's a relatively similar situation to what is facing us right now.

On attending games - those who choose not to attend games should refrain from whinging about our debt. If you're going to contribute to our financial woes, then you have to accept some of the blame and you cannot take it out on the Board, as many do on here. The financial losses we are facing, and the prospective need to go to the AFL, are angering plenty. If you're not attending games out of some sort of childish protest, then put up with out financial situation, as you're not helping.

• Like 1

On attending games - those who choose not to attend games should refrain from whinging about our debt. If you're going to contribute to our financial woes, then you have to accept some of the blame and you cannot take it out on the Board, as many do on here. The financial losses we are facing, and the prospective need to go to the AFL, are angering plenty. If you're not attending games out of some sort of childish protest, then put up with out financial situation, as you're not helping.

Actually uranus , I will pizz and moan as much as I like when the club I'm a member of is being driven into the ground. Nero is fiddeling while Rome burns. The debt is related to decisions made by this board , the ex ceo, the Afl and the disgusting on field performances.

It's the disgraceful decisions by this current board have allowed the financials to fall away from budgeted outcomes. This year alone they have cost the club more than the total membership income.

It's the football departments job to sell entertainment and hope. They have delivered neither. At the end of the day, how could you possibly expect to get supporters who are non-members (prospective new members) through the gates with the carp that's being dished out. Another miserable fail to a positive bottom line.

In general (this year included) ,the Afl reduces the income capacity of the MFC with crap fixture times and hence tv slots. That means the total Afl interested viewing population rarely sees the Dees on tv , so they make no attachment to them, hence membership is lower. Great advertising however for the Filth , Bummers , Carltank etc. This has eroded during the current administration.

In fact it's those non-attendances that are actually having a part to play in the need for change.

So for all those who have bought into this BS about non-attendance , have a crack at the real villains. Or , at least do us all a favour and remove head from sphincter before posting.

See you all Monday.

I'll be there, because its times like now that make the good times so good. My old man used to sit with his old man in the 80s when we were hopeless.. And Barrassi used to walk past them every home game and say g'day because they were there every week.. Win lose or draw..

Players and admin come and go but supporters always stay.. It's sad but when your team is no good and they actually do put it together and beat anyone there is no better feeling.. Ie beating Brisbane in 08 when Miller stood up in the last quarter, or last year when we stumbled across the line against Essendon.. Those wins felt as good as when we beat Carlton in the finals in 2000 (was only 14) and those memories are as vivid as yesterday.

Go dees.

Edited by PurpleHaze12
  • Like 1

Hey, LW, are you my ex wife? If not, it's the sorta stuff she'd quote!!!

James 1:5 , 6 “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.”

I have missed a few home games this year, the effort of the players is the worst i can remember, until then i had been going every week for as long as i can remember. i will be there Monday but my enthusiasium is at an all time low, lets hope we see some real effort.

Actually uranus , I will pizz and moan as much as I like when the club I'm a member of is being driven into the ground. Nero is fiddeling while Rome burns. The debt is related to decisions made by this board , the ex ceo, the Afl and the disgusting on field performances.

It's the disgraceful decisions by this current board have allowed the financials to fall away from budgeted outcomes. This year alone they have cost the club more than the total membership income.

It's the football departments job to sell entertainment and hope. They have delivered neither. At the end of the day, how could you possibly expect to get supporters who are non-members (prospective new members) through the gates with the carp that's being dished out. Another miserable fail to a positive bottom line.

In general (this year included) ,the Afl reduces the income capacity of the MFC with crap fixture times and hence tv slots. That means the total Afl interested viewing population rarely sees the Dees on tv , so they make no attachment to them, hence membership is lower. Great advertising however for the Filth , Bummers , Carltank etc. This has eroded during the current administration.

In fact it's those non-attendances that are actually having a part to play in the need for change.

So for all those who have bought into this BS about non-attendance , have a crack at the real villains. Or , at least do us all a favour and remove head from sphincter before posting.

See you all Monday.

Your last sentence suggests you're going tomorrow, which means you can 'pizz and moan' as much as you want, as I was referring to those who wish to have a go at our financials whilst simultaneously contributing to the poor position.

I'll always give the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Reporting on training is merely reporting on training.

You'll be pleased to know there won't be any training reports next year.

Won't please me. Hope you change your mind on this prior to next pre season.

Not precious, just no interest in watching effortless performances. I have way better things to do.

Golf being one.

I can only imagine how thrilled the Rosebud Putt Putt will be to have you back down there, dispensing wisdom to all.

• Like 1