Kennett future MelbourneFC President?

Satan

So did i. He has written to the AFL instead.

Today is wednesday....

Where an AFL run club now, your wasting your time, Freemans in, we don't get a vote until next year.

Where an AFL run club now, your wasting your time, Freemans in, we don't get a vote until next year.

Possibly...But the members can decide whether to renew memberships or not.

Freeman is on 6 weeks holiday & recovering from a serious respiratory illness so his alleged appointment is a major concern to me.

Possibly...But the members can decide whether to renew memberships or not.

Freeman is on 6 weeks holiday & recovering from a serious respiratory illness so his alleged appointment is a major concern to me.

You will renew yours mate, your to hardcore.

i want a President who is fit and firing also.

The next 5 years will be almost 24/7 to get our girl running properly again on & off the field.

It would be nice to snare a President in his 40s.

i have no problem with Freeman as such. But his health concerns me. He is 65. Our last President left the building & look what happened.

This club hit Rock Bottom last week. The Presidency will be a Big Job.

This is the main reason i want to know who is backing JGK.

His politics aside, the guy has Gold Contacts. Sponsorship would be doubled within a week.

i have no problem with Freeman as such. But his health concerns me. He is 65. Our last President left the building & look what happened.

This club hit Rock Bottom last week. The Presidency will be a Big Job.

This is the main reason i want to know who is backing JGK.

His politics aside, the guy has Gold Contacts. Sponsorship would be doubled within a week.

Beggars cant be choosers!

The outgoing Board did the begging. The AFL would have been forewarned i am sure.

Freeman maybe AFL endorsed like PJ.

But his health & age concern me.

The first bit worries me wyl

Part of the reason we are in this mess IMO is JS got very sick and we went to hell in a hand basket.

Goes easy on the second!

we actually have the chance to vote at the next AGM but only if there is actually any challenge for positions.

As much as I understand the methodology of much of this there are still elements about it that suck.

What value our membership ? A very valued aspect is denied us.

Jeff should have published it in more than one location. Something anyone should consider in future

we actually have the chance to vote at the next AGM but only if there is actually any challenge for positions.

As much as I understand the methodology of much of this there are still elements about it that suck.

What value our membership ? A very valued aspect is denied us.

Jeff should have published it in more than one location. Something anyone should consider in future

You are a member and you can force an EGM if you want to.

The reason why we don't have the them regularly is because they are costly and unless you are about to be relocated or merged - a Demon can talk to a Demon and work it out. Gardner did with Stynes. McLardy has with AFL/Jackson/Freeman/Kelaher/whoever else.

AN egm ..

really...

I cant even find the constitution...let alone how to instigate an EGM lol

There are groups far more interested in such a thing and they cant figure it out either..lol

I understand what your getting at RPFC ..but the nett result is they all carry on with littel real accountability to the general membership who'll probably never have been informed of what their intent was because all the deals get done without cause for an election.

It doesnt make for a very "inclusive" family does it :unsure:

AN egm ..

really...

There are groups far more interested in such a thing and they cant figure it out either..lol

I understand what your getting at RPFC ..but the nett result is they all carry on with littel real accountability to the general membership who'll probably never have been informed of what their intent was because all the deals get done without cause for an election.

Any member can obtain a copy of the constitution from the club - I did this week.

I'm finding it harder to locate this "open letter" from JK - was it not published online anywhere?

Any member can obtain a copy of the constitution from the club - I did this week.

I'm finding it harder to locate this "open letter" from JK - was it not published online anywhere?

it should be online...its no secret surely. (constitution )

the letter was published as :

Commission needed to help fix Melbourne Football Club

on the Herald Sun site http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/commission-needed-to-help-fix-melbourne-football-club/story-fni0ffsx-1226665870958

but for a change I couldnt find another link to get around the digital pass :(

• Like 1

on the Herald Sun site http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/commission-needed-to-help-fix-melbourne-football-club/story-fni0ffsx-1226665870958

Thanks for that.

Unsure why the const. isn't readily available as it is for many clubs...

A search for "constitution" on the MFC site returns the Carlton FC constitution - lol.

• Like 1

FYI - no digital pass was required for that link :)

FYI - no digital pass was required for that link :)

umm..do yo have a pass.. If I try it it requires one

• Like 1

Thanks for that.

Unsure why the const. isn't readily available as it is for many clubs...

A search for "constitution" on the MFC site returns the Carlton FC constitution - lol.

yes I noted that...thought it odd. Stil lmuch about us is ODD !! lol

ahhh firefox needed one...chrome didnt.. hmmmmm :)

AN egm ..

really...

Maybe down the track we can form a Demons Supporter Union.

lets wait & see.

Open letter from Jeff

http://mobile.news.com.au/national-news/victoria/commission-needed-to-help-fix-melbourne-football-club/story-fnii5sd6-1226665870958

DEAR Melbourne Football Club members,

With a few exceptions, you have been denied football satisfaction for more than 30 years.

None of us can buy back time. We can learn from our experience, but we can only influence the future.

And we need to exert that influence because the Melbourne Football Club requires a new agenda, a new energy, good governance and a financially successful business that can support its football department, coaches and players.

A group of us have offered to provide that governance and energy.

We do not think the Melbourne constitution provides for an extraordinary general meeting to replace the existing board with a new one.

To conduct that meeting to bring about the changes we thought necessary now might in itself be a waste of time and energy.

Therefore, the group that I have represented for the past week or so has decided to withdraw from the scene and re-evaluate the circumstances at the end of the year, when the annual general meeting of the club will be held, to allow the new chief executive officer, Peter Jackson, to get on with his job without distraction.

But however good Mr Jackson is, no one person can deliver the changes necessary at Melbourne on their own -- the task demands a team of good people.

Because the MFC has approached the AFL for more financial assistance, the AFL has the influence to ask for the resignations of all remaining members of the board and then put into place a new, smaller board, in much the same way that my government amalgamated councils in the 1990s.

I have written to the chairman of the AFL, Mike Fitzpatrick, and offered this solution.

In the case of the councils, it was out with the old, in with three or four commissioners for two years before councillors were re-elected by the ratepayers.

Such precedent could be applied at the Melbourne Football Club if the AFL replicated their involvement in appointing Peter Jackson.

The commissioners for the Melbourne Football Club should be appointed until the end of season 2015, as Mr Jackson has indicated he will stay for only 18 months, or the end of next season, and you don't want all officers coming up for election or replacement at the same time.

I have written to Mr Fitzpatrick with our offer to assist rebuild the Melbourne club.

I have pointed out the danger of the AFL and Mr Jackson appointing new board members who are simply subservient to the AFL, or people they are comfortable dealing with.

That flies in the face of every definition of good governance.

There would be no separation of the responsibilities between the board and the CEO, let alone the AFL.

I have asked the AFL to respond to my offer by Friday this week, as I am due to travel overseas at the end of this month.

I would cancel that travel if called upon to serve the club, as I believe every week is important to work with the CEO and start delivering change and preparing for season 2014.

I fully accept that no one has all the answers and only teams of people can deliver good results.

What I fear may happen is that decisions will be made based on personalities rather than outcomes.

There are probably many better qualified people than me to lead Melbourne, but to date no one has offered, at least publicly.

While Peter Jackson has been going about his evaluation of the club, and starting to announce changes such as the dismissal of the coach, Mark Neeld, true leadership starts at the top.

You can blame as many employees as you like, but the buck always stops with the board.

YES, some have expressed dismay and opposition to my offer to help Melbourne, and that is understandable. But at the end of the day there is a job to be done.

A number of journalists cannot get their heads around the concept of how a former president of one club can do a businesslike job at another.

But, with due respect, those journalists have never employed a person or run a business. They are commentators on life without responsibility. They simply do not understand the excitement and challenge associated with building a business. But this has gone on long enough.

In my letter to Mike Fitzpatrick, I have asked him whether the AFL wishes to accept my offer to help or not.

If the AFL rejects my offer, so be it, I will not pursue the matter further and leave Peter Jackson and the AFL-appointed board to do their work.

Nor will I offer a running commentary on the affairs of the Melbourne Football Club in the genuine hope that this great brand and everything it represents can be rebuilt into a fighting force.

If my offer, which is seen by many long-suffering Melbourne supporters as holding the potential for an exciting future, is too frightening for the powers that be in the AFL, I'll accept that.

An offer made in good faith, if rejected by the AFL, is no skin off anyone's nose.

Just let's hope those in authority get it right this time.

The members deserve better than they have received for over 30 years.

Have a good day.

Jeff Kennett is a former premier of Victoria