Kennett future MelbourneFC President?

Satan

Even with good ol Jeff we are only so far aware of the WHAT , in as much as itll be a Jeff team of himslef and one supposed exisitng Melbourne peopel who are alligned with his thinking or more the point he's agreeable to their thinking.

We dont know yet who they all are ( if any ) and we dotn know what the vision and path to it is,

We know even less about Freeman

All these mobs should be informing us of thier blueprint for our rosey future

... & this secret handshake business, where they're front man comes out with headlines, but no substance, & the people who are supposedly backing kennett don't have the guts to be upfront with the supporters, hiding behind his headlines... or is/was it Stockdale as the head all the time,, with kennett the smoke screen, to warm up the hungry customers, prior to Eyebrows E`ntrance... after his federal matters.

Ok I'll bite, why and what's happening Tuesday? And, how do you know?

I think they've rushed it forward, as the current Board,, & PJackson,, are restructuring already, & the AFL have had the PJ presentation, & the requests for assistance...

so with Geoff Freeman taking his holidays, prior to the Finals, & the Preseason, & any AGM's... IMO the kennett faction wants to play while the Cats away.

• Like 2

Ok I'll bite, why and what's happening Tuesday? And, how do you know?

Was on the radio today, Jeffs going to show his cards.

Kennett is all about kennett no doubt. For him to feed the ego he would need to take over the MFC and not re locate or merge or fold but make the club a success. I will take that any day.

I think they've rushed it forward, as the current Board,, & PJackson,, are restructuring already, & the AFL have had the PJ presentation, & the requests for assistance...

so with Geoff Freeman taking his holidays, prior to the Finals, & the Preseason, & any AGM's... IMO the kennett faction wants to play while the Cats away.

well, you would wouldnt you :)

If anything its already shows whos cleverer. I dont mind a bit of street smarts. I agree with others as to the revelations ought to be interesting.

Kennett is all about kennett no doubt. For him to feed the ego he would need to take over the MFC and not re locate or merge or fold but make the club a success. I will take that any day.

this is the thinking i have. Jeffrey Gibb loves the CBD of Melbourne. The MFC is part of that.

I reckon this is where Jeff is coming from.

He was a huge admirer of Norm Smith as a kid.

• Like 1

some current mfc players have barracked for other teams,so stop freakin whinging about Jeff,if he is too overpowering for you,switch off your t.v,radio and don't read newspapers.......remain an ignoramus.

You never achieve anything in life waiting for things to happen.Perhaps we can have ex labour polies you know the unionists who have never run a company in their life take over mfc. Give me a break you bunch

of useless bi peds.

this is the thinking i have. Jeffrey Gibb loves the CBD of Melbourne. The MFC is part of that.

I reckon this is where Jeff is coming from.

He was a huge admirer of Norm Smith as a kid.

I think it even goes further than that, hes VERY Victorian. He appreciates the position Melbourne has and ought to have in relation to this game. Granted he has an ego to match. Maybe thats just whatthi sjob needs of someone. Time will tell soon enough

This Kennett thing is a joke. How can anyone really be taking this seriously. Just an ego trip by Jeff.

For heavens sake, who would ever give the opposition the keys to their castle.

This kennett thing could divide the club forever. Do we really want to take that kind of risk at such a fragile time.

Tell him thanks, but no thanks.

First time you've ever said anything on the forum that made any sense, Tone. Well done. I, too, can't believe we are considering selling our soul to the devil like this.

Has Kennett given any explanation as to why things have to happen immediately or all is lost, including any future involvement by him? Doubtless that urgency will appeal to some on this forum, but personally I'd like a well-considered process with all options evaluated, not a headlong rush.

well, you would wouldnt you :)

If anything its already shows whos cleverer. I dont mind a bit of street smarts. I agree with others as to the revelations ought to be interesting.

... they may, but to me it 'smarts' of what you where just complaining about, a couple of hours ago... wanting all information out & presented in front of the supporters... so the supporters can choose what they want.

so you may think, its street smart, or you may think its just plain desperation...?

I guess it depends on your perspective at the moment of thought.

... to me, this is a time for all supporters/members, to take their time considering everything consciously, & thoroughly... we do not want anything to be decided in a rash way, this time around.

to me, I think the club needs the best football administrators in footy, working in our administration,,, & some really smart people who are also footy savvy,,, as directors on our Board.

... But the Presidency,,, must be a Melbourne Person, thru & thru...

First time you've ever said anything on the forum that made any sense, Tone. Well done. I, too, can't believe we are considering selling our soul to the devil like this.

Because of your position re Demonland I understand that you are too close to the Club to be open to this possibility.

Just to set the record straight nasher, I was correct about the following;

Bailey over sheedy -ridiculous

Neeld over malthouse/matthews -ridiculous

getting rid of moloney -ridiculous

Making trengove & grimes captain -ridiculous

Recruiting Gysberts over jetta -ridiculous

Recruiting cook over darling -ridiculous

Recruiting seller, gillies, rodan & Byrnes -ridiculous

Not being able to train at our home ground -ridiculous

Wearing white jumpers -ridiculous

Getting external "consultants" to select our coach -ridiculous

Allowing Jurrah & wona to 'slip thru' - ridiculous

I've been pretty accurate really.

Edited by tonatopia

Dee luded

want I want is passion, i want committment, i want abled bodied/minded people to lead and direct this club back from the weilderness and yes to explain to me/us just how how they anticipate this would unfold.

I want all parties interested to show their hands and their plans. ideally id like a vote on who then proceeds.

Freeman hasnt beenhere 5 mins and already hes off. He might have plausible reason but given the timing I would have thought he might just hang around for a while. Smacks of Gardiner off trekking

Meanwhile Jeff actually want to get on with it. Hes castigated for his enthusiasm whilst others seem content to do/announce nothing.

Talk is cheap...weve had that for years at Melbourne. I will be swayed by actions, but id like to also here the ideas first.

• Like 1

What about Beverley O'Connor? First female President (not including the interim woman from Geelong), articulate, passionate Dees supporter, well connected to business, media and football communities. Could she unite and lead?

Rose was the interim CEO, not President. This is where people are getting things mixed up, we need a support mechanism around Jackson and who ever is the FD boss and coach. We don't need a cowboy running the place from the presidents chair.

Because of your position re Demonland I understand that you are too close to the Club to be open to this possibility.

Not sure what you mean by that. I'm a long way from the club. I live interstate, I have no ties with the club, I don't know anyone that works there, and the last time I was even at the MCG was in 2008. Hell, I hardly even know anyone else that supports the MFC. It's why Demonland is so important to me and why I invest time and resources in it.

• Like 3

Dee luded

want I want is passion, i want committment, i want abled bodied/minded people to lead and direct this club back from the weilderness and yes to explain to me/us just how how they anticipate this would unfold.

I want all parties interested to show their hands and their plans. ideally id like a vote on who then proceeds.

Freeman hasnt beenhere 5 mins and already hes off. He might have plausible reason but given the timing I would have thought he might just hang around for a while. Smacks of Gardiner off trekking

Meanwhile Jeff actually want to get on with it. Hes castigated for his enthusiasm whilst others seem content to do/announce nothing.

Talk is cheap...weve had that for years at Melbourne. I will be swayed by actions, but id like to also here the ideas first.

as I know it he's joined the board, & he's probably been told to go away to get his holidays out of the way, so he can get back & roll the sleeves up? I guess early September??

to get the show started & the ball rolling...

I get the feeling there is some dirty work to be done, before the new people take over.... & I reckon PJackson & the AFL, want this crew to get sweeping... I think there will be many new faces at the end of the season...

& It won't be a razor gang of Mrs Brown&Gold & her 4 daughters... holding sway, you may say...

Edited by dee-luded

Not sure what you mean by that. I'm a long way from the club. I live interstate, I have no ties with the club, I don't know anyone that works there, and the last time I was even at the MCG was in 2008. Hell, I hardly even know anyone else that supports the MFC. It's why Demonland is so important to me and why I invest time and resources in it.

Ok, thanks, I've obviously barked up the wrong tree here and apologize for that.

Edited by 1 red eye 1 blue eye

as I know it he's joined the board, & he's probably been told to go away to get his holidays out of the way, so he can get back & roll the sleeves up? I guess early September??

to get the show started & the ball rolling...

I get the feeling there is some dirty work to be done, before the new people take over.... & I reckon PJackson & the AFL, want this crew to get sweeping... I think there will be many new faces at the end of the season...

& It won't be a razor gang of Mrs Brown&Gold & her 4 daughters... holding sway, you may say...

whilst i respect your view DL thats a guess.

We dont know anything really and I suspect until events unfold next week thats what we will know.

If nothing else Jeff doing all a favour by forcing hands, how long might some of this taken had no one put their hand up !!

• Like 2

Just to set the record straight nasher, I was correct about the following;

Bailey over sheedy -ridiculous

Neeld over malthouse/matthews -ridiculous

getting rid of moloney -ridiculous

Making trengove & grimes captain -ridiculous

Recruiting Gysberts over jetta -ridiculous

Recruiting cook over darling -ridiculous

Recruiting seller, gillies, rodan & Byrnes -ridiculous

Not being able to train at our home ground -ridiculous

Wearing white jumpers -ridiculous

Getting external "consultants" to select our coach -ridiculous

Allowing Jurrah & wona to 'slip thru' - ridiculous

I've been pretty accurate really.

A lot of what you said is on the money champ.

And... They were simple decisions that we made hard.

What about Beverley O'Connor? First female President (not including the interim woman from Geelong), articulate, passionate Dees supporter, well connected to business, media and football communities. Could she unite and lead?

No.

• Like 2