Dion Prestia Trade Link

Bonkers

If you're going to criticise someone's post then cut to the chase and say why you don't like it - otherwise you can expect another holiday.

Thanks.

Nelson Mandela was a campaigner for equal rights, maybe you should think about that.

I suspect the point was the difference between personal abuse attempting to demean the recipient on the one hand, and presenting an alternative viewpoint that still treats someone with whom you disagree with respect.

But that's only my opinion

Rhino Richards says hello, he ran this forum for years.

Nelson Mandela was a campaigner for equal rights, maybe you should think about that.

Are you ever going to grow up or just keep having us Deelanders thinking, "This guy will cop on when he gets into secondary school". FFS I'm getting down to his level of Juvenile posts

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

The articles talks of his re-signing in 2013 as a big win for GCS and that it runs deeper than merely his signature. A number of others signed on afterwards. Yeah, okay, but it doesn't mean he'll stay past this contract. The article reads like he'd be open to offers if the club offering was challenging or finals bound.

The MFC was a train wreck last season and he re-signed before Roos was announced as the new coach. If he was coming out of contract this year, we'd be in with a great shot. He's not out of reach, IMO. I thought he was, but having read that article, his attitude comes across as almost 'I may as well stay here', rather than 'I love playing with this group' or what have you. I'd get in his ear at the end of this year and aim to try and lure him at the end of 2015. We can dream. ;)

• Like 4

• 11 months later...

With Zac Jones signed up i think we should turn our attention to this guy. We had a crack back in 2013 and if you go back a couple of pages someone posted a AFL.COM article about Prestia stating that he was tempted to come home but the only reason he stayed was the chance of playing finals for the next couple of years.

It is now two years on and now they are bottom 2 side. I would love the club to be ruthless and offer this kid some serious cash. If we are willing to pay someone like Dawes 500k then surely we can do better with this bloke.

My offer would be our first pick plus Howe. I know for a fact he really did entertain the idea but we were such a debacle that he was a bit put off with our on/off field drama. With a now stable coaching structure and board level surely the footy needs to ask the big question.. Would you now be seriously keen to come and play for us?

Anyone know if the family still supply fruit to the footy club?

With Zac Jones signed up i think we should turn our attention to this guy. We had a crack back in 2013 and if you go back a couple of pages someone posted a AFL.COM article about Prestia stating that he was tempted to come home but the only reason he stayed was the chance of playing finals for the next couple of years.

It is now two years on and now they are bottom 2 side. I would love the club to be ruthless and offer this kid some serious cash. If we are willing to pay someone like Dawes 500k then surely we can do better with this bloke.

My offer would be our first pick plus Howe. I know for a fact he really did entertain the idea but we were such a debacle that he was a bit put off with our on/off field drama. With a now stable coaching structure and board level surely the footy needs to ask the big question.. Would you now be seriously keen to come and play for us?

Anyone know if the family still supply fruit to the footy club?

His old man is still an active member and goes to a lot of our games,

Dion would be a great get, and someone i know the club has kept tabs on, i wouldn't be surprised if we're already getting in his ear.

GCS would be reluctant to let him go cheaply

• Like 1

His old man is still an active member and goes to a lot of our games,

Dion would be a great get, and someone i know the club has kept tabs on, i wouldn't be surprised if we're already getting in his ear.

GCS would be reluctant to let him go cheaply

I like the sound of this.

Clutching at straws here. Need to get our own guys playing good footy first before worrying about bringing in players which have been developed by other teams.

Will be a repeat of Tyson, great first year off the back off GWS development. Now slowly fading as he is MFC'd.

• Like 2

Clutching at straws here. Need to get our own guys playing good footy first before worrying about bringing in players which have been developed by other teams.

Will be a repeat of Tyson, great first year off the back off GWS development. Now slowly fading as he is MFC'd.

Feeling a tad negative olisik? Need a hug?

• Like 1

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. He's my favourite non-MFC player. I don't make a habit of liking opposition players, but given he plays for a soulless franchise club, that makes it easier. Oh and the fact that he supported Melbourne as a kid, still has links to the club and most importantly, is a gun with pace, strength, neat disposal and ball-winning ability.

I'd say we would have certainly been in his ear at the end of last year. I couldn't give a stuff about Zak Jones. Prestia is a classy, quick midfield who is the Vice Captain of his club, in only his early 20s. Bring him home, Redlegs.

• Like 6

Would be an amazing pick up for our midfield, but would cost a lot. Gold Coast would want at least a first round pick plus a player. He's young and already producing. He'll take over from Ablett as their captain too if he stays. Superb footballer. He'd cost us a lot to trade for but if he is able to be swayed then he'd be worth paying overs for.

Would be an amazing pick up for our midfield, but would cost a lot. Gold Coast would want at least a first round pick plus a player. He's young and already producing. He'll take over from Ablett as their captain too if he stays. Superb footballer. He'd cost us a lot to trade for but if he is able to be swayed then he'd be worth paying overs for.

I'd give up our first round pick for Prestia in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

I suspect we'd need to pay a lot more than that ...

I don't think so. His contract is up at the end of this year or the next. Either, they get a first rounder for him or they risk get nothing in return.

Edited by AdamFarr

It would cost Howe and our first pick and maybe a swap of later picks as well.

I'd take that no worries.

If we managed to get Prestia AND manage to get another mid through FA who is in our top 5 mids, next year will be a different year.

• Like 2

It would cost Howe and our first pick and maybe a swap of later picks as well.

I'd take that no worries.

If we managed to get Prestia AND manage to get another mid through FA who is in our top 5 mids, next year will be a different year.

So........a guy that contributes nothing to the team except for injuring key players when trying to do the spectacular + an unknown quantity + an even lesser unknown quantity.

Or in simpler terms, a nothing + a pick hoping to find a very good player + a lesser pick........for a very very good player. Where do i sign (or more importantly, where does Prestia sign!)

• Like 2

Howe + 1st round pick?