[Hypothetical] MFC Board moves to extend Mark Neeld's contract till 2015

felixdacat

A fake article followed by a bunch of metaphors... That's about the extent of what those supporting Neeld can muster at this stage.

Duh. Neeld supporters are saying we need to keep him because he hasn't had time yet. We can't point to anything much because there isn't yet anything much to point to.

• Like 1

Duh. Neeld supporters are saying we need to keep him because he hasn't had time yet. We can't point to anything much because there isn't yet anything much to point to.

Got that right, nothing to point to that's for sure....

20 months he's been there, would have thought that was long enough to see SOMETHING, but all we've seen so far are backwards steps and rhetoric.

• Like 1

A fake article followed by a bunch of metaphors... That's about the extent of what those supporting Neeld can muster at this stage.

I'm with you mate. Bring back Neil Daniher and Chris Fagan. they were the last ones who got anything done... Finals football and a nice cold Crown ale after the game. were you on board back then.

Got that right, nothing to point to that's for sure....

20 months he's been there, would have thought that was long enough to see SOMETHING, but all we've seen so far are backwards steps and rhetoric.

Getting rid of the dead weight, good draft picks, got experienced players from other clubs including two premiership players, developed rookies...

He has gone backwards in many aspects (such as performance), and he has done some wrong things (see approach to seniors) but come on stuie to say he hasnt done something is a crock.

Gave me a bit of a scare. Dangerous for older members a title like that.

We can't afford to change coaches for financial reasons, although when you look at how much poor performance is costing us it a close-run thing. But we need to know there's progress being made. I see some players developing, others going backwards, some new blood, some established players leaving - like we're going in circles. I don't want to be reading articles like this in 12 months, but how do we know we're on the right track? There's positives and negatives, but what are the indicators that the club is moving in the right direction? If the board is confident that things are on track, where do we expect to be mid-season and end-season? What is the target for MN to be re-appointed after 2014?

Can't expect much this year - say 5-6 wins with luck. Next year 8-10. And think about that contract when the figures are up in Sept 2014. The coach is taking a hard line with the players, let the board take a hard line with the coach.

• Like 1

I'm all for giving him until the end of the season but this would be ludicrous.

Also nice work on the PLEASE READ THIS clickbait title. Worked on me.

Thank God you made up that garbage,i nearly had a heart attack!!!

There is no possible reason to extend his contract when he has just under 2 seasons to run,he'll hardly be snapped up by another club.

Maybe his 5th or 6th gameplan just might work!

5th or 6th!? WTF. You mean I missed plan B?

Watching the grand final rematch tonight and it's insane the difference in quality of basic skills between us and these sides, can't wait until we play like that one day down the track.

Man I'd classify myself as a Neeld supporter (or apologist as some of you too often pull out) but even I was in shock and annoyance when I saw the title of this thread.

I understand what your saying about the benefit of stopping the media blood sport on sacking Neeld, but it would be showing blind faith and we have to show more intelligence than that. And at the end of the day who cares what the media says, if the club is backing Neeld then they can do it on their own terms.

• Like 2

Getting rid of the dead weight, good draft picks, got experienced players from other clubs including two premiership players, developed rookies...

He has gone backwards in many aspects (such as performance), and he has done some wrong things (see approach to seniors) but come on stuie to say he hasnt done something is a crock.

You're right, he got rid of some senior players and brought in some spuds, he has done something I guess....

• Like 1

You're right, he got rid of some senior players and brought in some spuds, he has done something I guess....

I get you aren't a fan, but to say he has done nothing is a little bit unfair.

Just watching Freo less Pav, Sandi, Fyfe and Hill doing the job against the pies and can't help but think we clearly buggered up not chasing Ross Lyon

• Like 1

Just watching Freo less Pav, Sandi, Fyfe and Hill doing the job against the pies and can't help but think we clearly buggered up not chasing Ross Lyon

Best coach going around in my opinion.

For a minute there Stuie I thought you were talking about your posting history.

that we did.

Everybody knew he was on the market half way through the year.

He would have sorted the MFC. i have no doubt...quickly.

• Like 1

Possibly. Although we'd be at the forth or fifth rebuild by then.

We are currently near the end of our 10th Five year plan.

I understand that there are some that say give him until the end of his contract but he has to show something to deserve that and at the moment he's done nothing. There is not one thing I've seen this year that gives me any hope for next year and beyond and if he picks up any more spuds in the next draft it can only get worse.

Other clubs draft kids and put them in their side and they show good form, ours don't, why? Oh that's right they've got no one to lead them, well perhaps they should stay at Casey, because that's where most of our newly drafted leaders and role models play.

We did chase Ross Lyon.

Far from showing "a pair" and demonstrating that we won't be "pushed around" by the media and others, re-signing Neeld for extra time when he is halfway through his current contract (and struggling to deliver) would be highly reactive to the media and others and confirm the ease with which we can be manipulated. The decision about Neeld needs to be made by the club on the balance of a range of things, not to send a message to any third party

Don't support Neeld until you have something to support. Yeah, he looked and sounded like a great coach before the first game of 2012. That is barely a player who you could say has improved under Neeld. Our game plan is rubbish, our selection decisions are rubbish too. I'm sorry, but don't have blind faith in someone just for the sake of it. Just be unhappy with the rest of us. Our performances have been inexcusable. Wooo, we got 12 goals in a quarter, jogging against a team who stood still for 30 minutes.

Oh, and all this stuff about how he's exposing the players for who they really are and they aren't used to working so hard. No one ever said that our players didn't try hard enough during our 2010-2011 glory period. Are the players protesting by waving their arms around guarding turf in the midfield or is this amazing man telling them to do so? Has he also instructed men to move inside the forward 50, or does he believe the further they are from the goals, the closer they are to his "ethos". Maybe Neeld just can't coach, or think properly when he recruited Gillies, Rodan and Sellar (only to drop) into his idealistic "hard to play against" side. Gee Gysberts played a fantastic debut match, really worked hard, won plenty of the ball. If only I knew it was an illusion and I really should have loathed it because he wouldn't have jumped in front of a bus if a man in glasses told him to do so.