• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Welcome to Demonland ... PETER JACKSON

Demonland

No one needs to leave immediately. We need to move forward in an emotionless, methodical manner - which is the pervasive message I got from Jackson today.

We need a decent structure, we need to tailor everything we do to getting better at footy and move from there.

We can set up 2014 towards the end of this season and at the end of this season.

Let Jackson do his job and not just think it is going to be about removing other people from theirs. It will happen but it isn't an answer in-and-of-itself, we need to make that decision when we know where to move next.

The message I got was that there will be a change in the structure of the FD and that will happen very quickly and that will make some jobs redundant. It has nothing to do with todays result and is in no way a knee jerk but if you think things will be set up to take effect at the end of this season for the 2014 season I think you are way off the mark. Lets check back in a couple of weeks and see where this sits. my bet is the restructure will be done before the bye.

Edited by rjay

If nothing is done till years end, will any supporters turn up to our games? I am serious when i say that.

The stats on todays game should tell the CEO quite a bit. The coach is out of his depth.

He only needs to read Mclardy's last 2 letters to the members to understand the position of the President.

Can we risk another 15 weeks of destruction?

Whatever the root cause/causes the bottom line for our club is pizz poor onfield performance. What CAN this guy realistically be expected to achieve in 6 months to start some sort of recovery from the mess of the last 7 years?

the longest journey begins with one small step my good man

If nothing is done till years end, will any supporters turn up to our games? I am serious when i say that.

The stats on todays game should tell the CEO quite a bit. The coach is out of his depth.

He only needs to read Mclardy's last 2 letters to the members to understand the position of the President.

Sitting in the members today, under the Melb coaches box, here's a summary of the comments and feelings. A dread of the MFC v Hawks game,several commenting that they'll be anywhere but the 'G that day. Frustration and at times anger at the box who all sat gazing out impassively into space, helpless to do anything. Why are they helpless? Has Neeld got them all cowed into submission to him? No sign of much if any emotion, except for a few rolled eyes at some of McBurney's pathetic display.

If I knew nothing other than what I saw in the coaching box today, I'd assess the lot of them as totally uninspiring.

A few members waved fists at the box (unfortunately Neeld had left for the boundary) and shouted at the glass.

Quite a few comments too along the lines of the game plan is so convoluted and impossible that the players will never understand whatever Neeld's expecting of them, and it's never going to work anyway.

Quite a lot of empathy for the players, who weren't being blamed over all.

In my opinion if Neeld stays the year out, our club will be totally stuffed beyond recovery. We have seen 7 weeks of absolute crap without any real improvement, they still don't have defensive accountability anywhere on the ground, and the players seem too frightened to play instinctive, risk-taking exciting footy. It's always handball back, head for the boundary, avoid the centre corridor if possible. If the players had bought into whatever this spud is trying to do, they would play with far more intensity and tackling than we saw today.

We are currently pathetic and hopeless and no obvious way of improvement, except for a complete change of coaching direction.

• Like 1

Sitting in the members today, under the Melb coaches box, here's a summary of the comments and feelings. A dread of the MFC v Hawks game,several commenting that they'll be anywhere but the 'G that day. Frustration and at times anger at the box who all sat gazing out impassively into space, helpless to do anything. Why are they helpless? Has Neeld got them all cowed into submission to him? No sign of much if any emotion, except for a few rolled eyes at some of McBurney's pathetic display.

If I knew nothing other than what I saw in the coaching box today, I'd assess the lot of them as totally uninspiring.

A few members waved fists at the box (unfortunately Neeld had left for the boundary) and shouted at the glass.

Quite a few comments too along the lines of the game plan is so convoluted and impossible that the players will never understand whatever Neeld's expecting of them, and it's never going to work anyway.

In my opinion if Neeld stays the year out, our club will be totally stuffed beyond recovery. We have seen 7 weeks of absolute crap without any real improvement, they still don't have defensive accountability anywhere on the ground, and the players seem too frightened to play instinctive, risk-taking exciting footy. It's always handball back, head for the boundary, avoid the centre corridor if possible. If the players had bought into whatever this spud is trying to do, they would play with far more intensity and tackling than we saw today.

We are currently pathetic and hopeless and no obvious way of improvement, except for a complete change of coaching direction.

Exactly mate. We cannot have 15 more weeks of this.

Changes will occur on & off the field.

Here's a simple plan to get things going again.

1) Go down the guts. Stay away from the boundary line. We all can see players wanting to run down the guts but auto-correct themselves and try and hit a target running at full speed towards the boundary line. It seems we only play within a 10 metre corridor inside the boundary line and any space inside of that and you will be docked your match payments. Speaking of going down the guts...

2) Do we have a KPI that 50% of our inside 50's are kicked to the members stand pocket 30 metres out? Every game this year we have led to the same spot all the time for not much return.

3) Try kicking in from behinds to the Southern Stand side of the ground. It seems we only have 2 kick in strategies. One is the long bomb to the MCC members side and the other is the short kick to the pocket and then a long kick down the MCC wing.

4) Know your players - each player should know which players can kick with their left and can kick with their right. Too many times we'll handball to a player running past who has to turn around and get on their preferred side which stops all momentum. If i was coach i would have every player kick on their left , right 20-30-40-50 meters to a running target so they know by instinct when player x has the ball that they will kick it approx. 30-40 metres.

5) Triangles - Look at Geelong on Friday night - if a player was in trouble they were confident enough to handball behind their head to an open player who can run away from the contest and drive forward. Set up triangles in each contest. 1 player goes in, 1 stays out for the receive or goes in as well and have a option out the back of the contest. Player 3 can either stay back for the receive or f player 2 gets it , player 3 can sweep past to his right for the receive, Example...

Player 3 (moves this way towards player 2)

oppo 1 Player 1 oppo 2

(ball) Player 2 (feeds player 2 running past)

6) Goal Kicking practice in training. We must be the only sport in the world that avoids any training on the fundemental part of the game that allows you to win a game. 100 shots each this week. Play round the world inside and outside 50. In a golf sense its like that saying "drive for show, putt for dough" Some of our shots this week were deplorable.

7) Go one on one - we can't zone up. We don't squeeze teams with pressure so get some old school accountability back in the team.

8) Draft day - Don't draft for talent anymore ...we need some c#nt in the team a.l.a Jones, Viney.

I'm starting to wonder if the PJ's media comments may have inadvertently distracted the players today,,, as this game was a step backwards, & the players appeared switched Off at the beginning of the game, better intensity in the 2nd, & then off again after half time.

I'm starting to wonder if the PJ's media comments may have inadvertently distracted the players today,,, as this game was a step backwards, & the players appeared switched Off at the beginning of the game, better intensity in the 2nd, & then off again after half time.

The players would not have heard the interviews.

The problems existed way before lunchtime anyway.

1. No! Use the right option and back skill not corridor or wings

2. I swear the interchange bench impacts this. Players sneaky on or off

3. We do often, see point 2.

4. No!!! Back the jumper is a basic rule of football

5. Um yes that basic but you don't have time to set up triangles all over the field that's just about work rate and smarts and not getting sucked in to contests

6. We do practice a fair bit of goal kicking

7. I agree with this. The zone sucks

8.no!!! Of course hard and tough is important but until our recruiting becomes best available we won't get anywhere. It's about balance and patience with kids. Fix the guys drafted 08 to 2010 or 2011 first.

Ive noticed Jackson said he is ditching the idea of china and all that connection. Whose idea was that. Was it Schwab or Gardner? I thought we had already ditched it. Judging by the look on his face he seemed to think it was a ridiculous idea.

Judging by the results you would have to saw he is on the money

No one needs to leave immediately. We need to move forward in an emotionless, methodical manner - which is the pervasive message I got from Jackson today.

We need a decent structure, we need to tailor everything we do to getting better at footy and move from there.

We can set up 2014 towards the end of this season and at the end of this season.

Let Jackson do his job and not just think it is going to be about removing other people from theirs. It will happen but it isn't an answer in-and-of-itself, we need to make that decision when we know where to move next.

We've had a lot of problems on-field because of the disrespect we've show to senior players, we don't need to replicate that by sacking anyone that moves in the Admin area, so I agree, let's hope he does it correctly and with due respect.

It appears Jackson has spotted several inadequacies within the structures of the club. He mentions the FD several times and understands the need to have it operating at AFL elite standards. I'd expect changes here very soon. I'd expect Neeld will stay and be given the year to prove or hang himself, if Sunday didn't already do that. I was impressed with Jackson but we'd be foolish to think he is the Messiah. Many of us have been calling for the club to bring in some non Melbourne people to help fix this.club and hopefully he will do this. I'm presuming he'll be in contact with the AFL and if we need people they will help the club secure them. What a waste of 6 years.

I sit on the other side of the fence, just to the right of the Coach's Box, and there was a smattering of boos when he was leaving the ground at 3 quarter time.

Apart from that the crowd was pretty much silent.