Brent Moloney

Theo

You have a better suggestion than to keep playing the elite A-grade quality players we have out on the park at the moment? The guy is killing it in the magoos and i seem to remember he was pretty good in the centre before Neeld put him at half forward last year

Magner isn't the saviour, he is a rookie that had a decent debut season, nothing more. I'm looking forward to having him back but he won't change our fortunes.

Makes you wonder where this form was last year from moloney

Whatever the reason, Maloney bludged on us last year so I have little sympathy or empathy for him.

That said, the coach also has a responsibility to get the best out of his players. On this point, he too has failed.

Magner isn't the saviour, he is a rookie that had a decent debut season, nothing more. I'm looking forward to having him back but he won't change our fortunes.

No he won't, but he deserved to be upgraded to the senior list ahead of the moneyballers. Brynes is the only one who can play. Pederson & Gillies are not AFL standard, simple as that.

Whatever the reason, Maloney bludged on us last year so I have little sympathy or empathy for him.That said, the coach also has a responsibility to get the best out of his players. On this point, he too has failed.

He burnt a senior player who was the then reigning B & F player, dumped him from the leadership group and allegedly gave him no promises for his future that pushed him to FA.

Beamer is no star and is flawed but his loss to MFC when we have a gaping hole in the midfield. He has gone to another club, albeit a struggling club and has worked hard and is line to be b & f there.

There clearly is a problem still at MFC. And Moloney made him look inept and incompetent.......once again.

I wonder what a number of MFC players yesterday in Moloney......a player rejuvenated in a positive playing environment.

Just another example of the lemon we have as our coach.

• Like 4

No he won't, but he deserved to be upgraded to the senior list ahead of the moneyballers. Brynes is the only one who can play. Pederson & Gillies are not AFL standard, simple as that.

Magnet just adds more bland ordinary to a midfield that's overloaded with it. You are right about Pedersen and Gillies. But they don't compete with Magner for position and all 3 are not up to AFL standard.

• Like 1

Magnet just adds more bland ordinary to a midfield that's overloaded with it. You are right about Pedersen and Gillies. But they don't compete with Magner for position and all 3 are not up to AFL standard.

But what Magner does do, and which others clearly don't, is win his own ball.

Whatever it was in the lead up to & the subsequent falling out between Beamer & The MFC/Coach will tell us a lot about the on going problems within the club.

He bludged for the entire season, now i will never forgive him for that because i & all the MFC members paid hard earned for that year, But i will say this. It must be one mighty rift between coach and many more.

For a life long Demon Supporter who plays the midfield to basically not contribute for a season is almost unthinkable.

When the career finishes i for one hope it all gets told. Beamers actions put us back even further than we should be.

If he was just sooking the whole year then this club also has no leadership upstairs as well as onfield.

Bring on Wednesday.

With Moloney, we weren't the worst midfield in the AFL, because he dominated against midfields that were worse than ours. Downhill skier, remember?

Without Moloney, we ARE now the worst midfield in the AFL, and he dominates against us.

He was definitely the difference between the sides. Take him out of their midfield and put him into ours yesterday ...

Travis Jonhstone turned it on up at Brisbane too... for a while.

Brent Moloney is just a chunkier Travis Johnstone in a different role. Can deliver some great games, looks damn good when it is going right. But also easily exposed by a top-quality opposition team.

It's a shame to lose him, and it is a bit shameful that he obviously sooked last year. Meanwhile we made an effort to bring in solid bodies through the draft (Kent, Jones, Viney, Terlich)

The main regret is that because of free agency we didn't get anything solid in return, with the AFL officially valuing Moloney and Rivers at the same weight of Pederson, Rodan, and Gillies. That much is clearly ridiculous and the AFL needs to have a think about their bizarre 'secret formula'. Maybe if we'd even known it beforehand, we might have skipped the process and hoped to pick them up in the draft.

AFL... lack of transparency... I'll excuse myself before I get onto THAT much-needed rant again.

With Moloney, we weren't the worst midfield in the AFL, because he dominated against midfields that were worse than ours. Downhill skier, remember?Without Moloney, we ARE now the worst midfield in the AFL, and he dominates against us.He was definitely the difference between the sides. Take him out of their midfield and put him into ours yesterday ...

Begs the question why we gave away a C grade midfielder that made our D grade midfield look more F grade.

Of course Moloney was going to do well yesterday. he was coming up against his old club. We know the good side to him but there is also a down side to him. Lets face it there wasnt much competition.

We will see how he goes next week against the swans midfield.

He will do better than the MFC midfield would do.

Neeld disgusts me by suggesting that Moloney left for the extra FA $$. Time for Neeld to take some responsibility for all his errors and not blaming everyone else.

Instead of inspiring Brent Moloney on to even greater heights than reigning B&F and 7th in Brownlow (2011), he;

Dumped him,

Dropped him,

Green vested him,

Shamed him.

Terrible, disgusting coaching. I feel so glad that players like Rivers, Moloney and Petterd have escaped to decent situations. Poor old Davey (2010 b&f) is still stuck in the Neeld shame cycle, complete with leadership group dumping, dropping and green vest wardrobe. Tell me that Davey wouldn't offer more than Rodan if allowed to play a full game?

We are lost until this coach is sacked for his incompetence, and this board is spilled for failing to act sooner.

• Like 2

How crap are we that we're arguing about letting Moloney go.

With him we might have finished as high as 14th this year.

Splitting shitty hairs.

Edited by Geddy Lee
  • Like 1

it was coached out of him

18 Brownlow votes and the Bluey in 2011

Neeld is a disgrace

Matthews described us & ours yesterday as one way midfielders....

this describes what the footy dept are trying to do bring in a culture of hard work & values, like eventuated @ Pussyland thru Chappy & others there, some years ago.

This can't be changed easily, when there is resistance from the playing group, & leaders themselves, & from 'within' a club, & an inner ColdWar can erupt within.

its often easier to remove the resistance from the top down...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Jarman#AFL_career

The 1996 AFL season, the centenary year of the League, would turn out to be Jarman's last. The season started out spectacularly enough, especially as younger brother Darren had moved back to Adelaide from Hawthorn. In Round 2 against Fitzroy at Whitten Oval, the Jarman brothers put on a memorable performance; they kicked 14 of the team's 21 goals - Darren kicked eight, Andrew six.

Strangely, neither of them earned a single Brownlow vote.[7]

But Adelaide's form dropped sharply in the middle of the season, and after losing to Melbourne in Adelaide in Round 13, Jarman was dropped.

When the late withdrawal of Matt Collins opened up a place in the side, he declined to join the team in Melbourne and instead played for Norwood.

Jarman was fined and suspended. The club's decision not to sack him outright took into account his five-and-a-half years of service, 100-plus games and the recent awarding of life membership. After six successful seasons with the Crows, Jarman was one of the high-profile senior players delisted at the end of the 1996 season following the arrival of coach Malcolm Blight.

Jarman was awarded Life Membership of the club shortly afterward.

---------------------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Blight#Geelong_and_Adelaide:_A_reputation_is_forged

Blight's arrival at the Crows at the end of the 1996 season was marked with dramatic effect, with the delisting of four ageing club stalwarts Tony McGuinness, Chris McDermott, Andrew Jarman, and Greg Anderson.[8]

This attracted great criticism at the time, but Blight was vindicated by winning the AFL premiership in 1997, and again in 1998.

--------------------------------------------------

Culture change, a Driving Force... bring it on............... (1964 - 2012) = 48 lousy Years... give it a chance for rebirth.

• Like 3

Whatever it was in the lead up to & the subsequent falling out between Beamer & The MFC/Coach will tell us a lot about the on going problems within the club.

He bludged for the entire season, now i will never forgive him for that because i & all the MFC members paid hard earned for that year, But i will say this. It must be one mighty rift between coach and many more.

For a life long Demon Supporter who plays the midfield to basically not contribute for a season is almost unthinkable.

When the career finishes i for one hope it all gets told. Beamers actions put us back even further than we should be.

If he was just sooking the whole year then this club also has no leadership upstairs as well as onfield.

Bring on Wednesday.

maybe a refection of a long time Festering-Sore Culture.... a culture maybe, that held the club to ransom, & what if the club didn't have the Cohonas & Will,,, or ability to pull these Viral Ways back, & into line...

toonvectors-12923-460.jpg

Some very short memories around here.

Happy that Moloney is gone. Was never there for us when it counted, and is the same at Brisbane. As one Lions fan remarked, after a month of OK but just bombing it forward Moloney performances "all we have to do now is convince Brent he's playing against Melbourne each week".

It was his 150th game, against his old club. He was always going to be up for it, but he'll come back to earth soon enough. If not, good luck to him. He clearly needs to be in an environment where he's not top dog, and where there are other mids around him to keep him honest.

Moloney left because he was booted from the leadership group. Simple as that, he was disillusioned with this decision. He was leaving the club as soon as Neeld walked in the door.

Yesterday was his version of telling Neeld to get stuffed, IMO.

He was allways going to do that.

If he was playing for Melbourne we would probably be playing a bit more better, however he is not the messiah.

• Like 1

How crap are we that we're arguing about letting Moloney go.

With him we might have finished as high as 14th this year.

Splitting shitty hairs.

14th....where do I sign?

Said at the time I wanted Moloney to stay and what I have seen so far this year from our midfield and his performances at Brisbane, we got this whole situation horribly wrong (again).

• Like 1

14th....where do I sign?

Said at the time I wanted Moloney to stay and what I have seen so far this year from our midfield and his performances at Brisbane, we got this whole situation horribly wrong (again).

That we did, but he couldn't stay.

I want to find out why sometime in the future.

That we did, but he couldn't stay.

I want to find out why sometime in the future.

The relationship between him and the club was definitely untenable by seasons end, it is more about how it was let to get to such a stage that concerns me, and I'm sure he is at least partly to blame but as you say, would love to know the full story.