• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

YOU'RE KIDDING ME RIGHT??????

Gorgoroth

Are you really that dumb?

How do we kick more goals when we have the ball over 100 less times?

You certainly are no rocket scientist.

so according to you x amount of disposals equal y amount of goals

you should be able to know what the scoreline of a match is just by looking at the disposals

yet this wasn't the case today, why is that, genius

no I'm saying that your claim that the scoreline flatters us is largely BS

go ahead watch the replay, tell me all the simple goals brissy missed that should have made us lose by a heap more

then tell me how many we missed ourselves

then you can go ahead and do your little doomsday calculation and add about 12 points to the 28 we lost by

You yourself said they should have kicked about 5 more. So there's another 30 points from someone being conservative.

You also said Dawes and Clark would have won the game for us today, and I pointed out that Brisbane had over 100 more possessions and I don't think those blokes could have got 50 each.

so according to you x amount of disposals equal y amount of goals

you should be able to know what the scoreline of a match is just by looking at the disposals

yet this wasn't the case today, why is that, genius

Ok kid, I'll explain it to you.

You need to get the ball into a position to score. This involves possessing the ball. In order to score a goal you have to kick the ball. If you're not getting the ball you can't score goals.

Need me to draw a picture?

yes but you and every other peanut on here would simply crucify them for picking a player based on something as stupid as being mates with another player

and then you would slag them for picking a player who was passed over by 11 clubs, instead of Toumpas who was expected to go in the top 3

not to mention the craziness of even having this discussion 5 weeks into their careers and the fact the teams are at other ends of the ladder

have you got any comments on whatever it was they did to ensure that we got viney toumpas and hogan, three absolute top shelf recruits in the one draft

what about nabbing Mitch Clark which was an absolute masterstroke

you're all such experts from your little desktops, i would love to see you in the coaches box for real

it's a shame premiership points aren't given out for WHINGEING because what we have is a world-class olympic team right here on this forum

HTFU

tell us about Toumaps again...

• Like 1

Brisbane had 6 teenagers playing today.......we had none..... what does this mean i have no idea...but it cant be a positive....

• Like 1

Brisbane had 6 teenagers playing today.......we had none..... what does this mean i have no idea...but it cant be a positive....

really? 6 teenies.

I will say right now. I was unable to watch the game because of work. But that is rather damming. 6 teenies for 37 shots on goal, & this is after 6 years of favourable draft picks.

And some on here tell me to HTFU...amazing.

No. It is time for people inside the MFC to come clean and admit failure...then walk.

Enough is Enough.

really? 6 teenies.

I will say right now. I was unable to watch the game because of work. But that is rather damming. 6 teenies for 37 shots on goal, & this is after 6 years of favourable draft picks.

And some on here tell me to HTFU...amazing.

No. It is time for people inside the MFC to come clean and admit failure...then walk.

Enough is Enough.

Mate, we get it, honestly we do, but please stop saying the exact same thing in every post. It takes away from the validity of what you're saying.

I've always been sceptical about Neeld (unlike others who accepted a "rebuild" for a year), and would love him to just shout "I WANT TO WIN AND I'M GOING TO DO ALL I CAN" over and over in press conferences as well. What he needs to rectify is our midfield set up (which at times today, looked like a few players standing around watching Brisbane players run through the middle) and our tendency to ALWAYS kick in to the same places (although at least we kicked longer today), as well as looking backwards when we get the ball for other players to help out as opposed to just getting it forward at all costs. I think Neeld is basically deluded that what works at training will work against real opposition, we just aren't good enough at kicking to kick across goals. That said, I'd like the Captaincy situation cleaned up too. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I really think it's affecting Grimes' and Trengove's games. Grimes is missing targets regularly and Trengove is slow, slow to dispose and kicks with no penetration. The only good thing he has going is his tackling.

Mate, we get it, honestly we do, but please stop saying the exact same thing in every post. It takes away from the validity of what you're saying.

No Stuie. If we all say it then maybe changes will actually happen.

This club has been shielded for way too long.

Brisbane with 6 Teenagers had 37 shots on goal.

That is damming stuff. We should have been cooked by 100+ points like rounds 1-3.

This club has been shielded for way too long.

Brisbane with 6 Teenagers had 37 shots on goal.

That is damming stuff. We should have been cooked by 100+ points like rounds 1-3.

I agree with what you're saying mate, just don't think you need to say it in every single post.

Talk about encourage supporter discontent. Pathetic comments. It's as if he has no idea where we've been since 2007. Have some respect for the supporter base. "We thought that under five goals on the road was a positive". Supporters won't cop this sort of defeatist attitude. I certainly won't.

He is constantly attempting to 'measure' expectations, to the point where it will negatively impact player performance and is undoubtedly fostering complacency within the club.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 3

I agree with what you're saying mate, just don't think you need to say it in every single post.

i will say it until the right people read it.

If you don't wish to read it, don't.

I am sick of my $1,000 every year being flushed straight out to werribee.

I want some fooking answers.

i will say it until the right people read it.

If you don't wish to read it, don't.

I am sick of my $1,000 every year being flushed straight out to werribee.

I want some fooking answers.

Then write to the club instead of writing it here every 2 minutes. It's doing your argument more harm than good.

The harm is that by posting the same thing over and over again you are hurting your credibility.

How? I am looking at the last 6 years.

Failure is all i see.

I got caned for wanting Luke Ball on here.

My cred is fine thankyou.

"We thought that under five goals on the road was a positive".

Just wondering how many here have actually listened to the whole press conference (or any part of it for that matter)?

He didn't say what's quoted above. He was asked about seeing signs of improvement, and the 5-goals-on-the-road remark was one part of his response.

Edited by bing181

Just wondering how many here have actually listened to the whole press conference (or any part of it for that matter)?

He didn't say what's quoted above. He was asked about seeing signs of improvement, and the 5-goals-on-the-road remark was one part of his response.

I listened to it

It was painfull and pathetic

This guy is driving supporters away from the MFC

He wont make mid season Maybe next week after 100 point loss to Carlton

What will he say?

Development has slowed down? Happy with the 5 minutes in the second quarter Clap trap He either doesnt believe he can win or is incapable of communicating his passion and desire to win

Even the support crew trainers etc exhibit bad body language and look like they dont give a stuff

This guy looks like a loser sounds like a loser

• Like 2

Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story so they say.

Nonetheless would like to see Neeld increase his immediate desire about winning, rather than the open ended Bailey like development defence. Flimsy non performance defence after our last few years. Don't see other young coaches like Hardwick and the Scott brothers doing this.

• Like 1

It wasn't the forward line that was the problem.

Would Clark and Dawes have got us 100+ touches, clearances, and chased and spread? No. They are forwards.

Would they have fixed the rubbish zone? No. They are forwards.

Why are you so fixated on disposals?

Again, no one is saying Clark + Dawes = we win. But having them makes our job easier. In the end, despite the lower number of inside 50s, we kicked three less goals. Three. We didn't score from all our inside 50s, so, using logic (you still with me?), from those we didn't score from, having Clark and Dawes would have helped.

See how that works?

Again - having Clark/Dawes does not mean we automatically win.

Oh yes. If we all say something, it will happen.

I guess if we all say 'MFC for the flag 2013', that will happen too.

Why are you so fixated on disposals?

Again, no one is saying Clark + Dawes = we win. But having them makes our job easier. In the end, despite the lower number of inside 50s, we kicked three less goals. Three. We didn't score from all our inside 50s, so, using logic (you still with me?), from those we didn't score from, having Clark and Dawes would have helped.

See how that works?

Again - having Clark/Dawes does not mean we automatically win.

Oh yes. If we all say something, it will happen.

I guess if we all say 'MFC for the flag 2013', that will happen too.

I agree with most of what you are saying but we don't know yet how positive Dawes' impact on the field will be, if at all. Clark obviously was a big miss last night and hopefully Dawes will add a fair bit but we'll never know until he gets out there.

I agree with most of what you are saying but we don't know yet how positive Dawes' impact on the field will be, if at all. Clark obviously was a big miss last night and hopefully Dawes will add a fair bit but we'll never know until he gets out there.

This is true, but I'm fairly happy to assume that yesterday's forward line is improved by, for example, including Dawes for Pedersen, or using Dawes as a marking forward rather than Howe.