Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

That, three matches into his second season in charge, the miopic scapegoat supporters are calling for his head only highlights how little they understand the issues the MFC faces in building a premiership team and club.

We lost by 13 goals at home in Ken Hinkley's first coaching outing with Port Adelaide who were a total basket case under Matthew Primus last year and Neeld has no idea why. That's all I need to know, some knew well before that and some are yet to cotton on.

• Like 2

Stuie, you should do more research before you type

Bommer Thomson coached geelong from 2000 -2010

2000 - finished 5th

2001 - 12th

2002 - 9th

2003 - 12th

2004 - 4th

2005 - 6th

etc...

Point is the most successful club of recent times had THREE years worse than their first before they rose to the premiership space. The Geelong FC stuck fat, yet the nervous nannies at the MFC would have us blinking after 3 games in the second season...

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 2

We lost by 13 goals at home in Ken Hinkley's first coaching outing with Port Adelaide who were a total basket case under Matthew Primus last year and Neeld has no idea why. That's all I need to know, some knew well before that and some are yet to cotton on.

Miopia - Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. People with miopia see objects more clearly when they are close to the eye, while distant objects appear blurred or fuzzy. Reading and close-up work may be clear, but distance vision is blurry.

Stuie, you should do more research before you type

Bommer Thomson coached geelong from 2000 -2010

2000 - finished 5th

2001 - 12th

2002 - 9th

2003 - 12th

2004 - 4th

2005 - 6th

etc...

Point is the most successful club of recent times had THREE years worse than their first before they rose to the premiership space. The Geelong FC stuck fat, yet the nervous nannies at the MFC would have us blinking after 3 games in the second season...

And what was their average losing margin in 2001 mate?

Also, Ratten, Hardwick, Clarkson, all improved their teams by at least 3-4 ladder spots in their second years.

So there's 3 examples that go against your one. Longmire did pretty good to hey? And I would say those 3 teams are closer to what we've been through than Geelong.

Edited by stuie

Do you think he doesn't know or that it is a line he is feeding to the media?

If you don't think he could sue.........I am waiting for the first test case to hit the courts soon, people are getting sick of being bashed on social media

"Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, traducement, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation a negative or inferior image. This can be also any disparaging statement made by one person about another, which is communicated or published, whether true or false, depending on legal state. In common law it is usually a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).[1]"

Christ every 2nd post on this forum is defamation!

Are we blaming Neeld for Jurrah and Wonaemirri now?

You probably would, we know your a bit sensitive on that subject.

And what was their average losing margin in 2001 mate?

Also, Ratten, Hardwick, Clarkson, all improved their teams by at least 3-4 ladder spots in their second years.

So there's 3 examples that go against your one. Longmire did pretty good to hey? And I would say those 3 teams are closer to what we've been through than Geelong.

I'll let you research the losing margin, probably best to wait till seasons end as a dataset of 3 is too small to be statistically valid.

Malthouse at Collingwood took them backwards before rising, The Dentist at WC had his team win a spoon before rising into the top four, there are many paths a club can take to success. The point is that 18 month is too short an amount of time to significantly change a club with as many well entrenched issues as Melbourne had when Neeld took over.

I note with interest you don't engage with the detail of my post on the issues Neeld is addressing, preferring a grab bag of biased stats...

I hope so,Viney showed more coaching flare in a handful of games then Neeld has in a year and a half.

Viney Vacume anyone?

Viney cant coach, he never improved us when he took over, i know it was only 6 weeks but lets no go there again.

• Like 3

I'll let you research the losing margin, probably best to wait till seasons end as a dataset of 3 is too small to be statistically valid.

Malthouse at Collingwood took them backwards before rising, The Dentist at WC had his team win a spoon before rising into the top four, there are many paths a club can take to success. The point is that 18 month is too short an amount of time to significantly change a club with as many well entrenched issues as Melbourne had when Neeld took over.

I note with interest you don't engage with the detail of my post on the issues Neeld is addressing, preferring a grab bag of biased stats...

Oh I'm sorry PaulRB, what particular part did I miss that upset you?

I gave you stats about 4 other coaches that improved their teams in their second years, as that's what we're talking about yeah?

So tell me exactly how being worse in your second year, coaching a team that looks lost, and losing by an average of 107 points is a "path to success?"

Really dumb post mate.

Try using facts instead of emotional opinions. Both players were delisted AFTER walking out on the club.

Didnt Farmer walk out aswell?

We brought him back, and he dominated.

Didnt Farmer walk out aswell?

We brought him back, and he dominated.

You think The Wiz's situation was the same as Jurrah's or Aussie's?

Come off it mate, those two fellas had complicated situations in their lives that didn't work out. As much as I'm hating Neeld at the moment, I'm not going to blindly blame him for stuff with no basis.

You do know that a season runs for 22 games stuie?

So judging Neeld's second season, 3 games in is mighty premature. You know spatistically speaking..

So judging Neeld's second season, 3 games in is mighty premature. You know spatistically speaking..

Yeah you're right, we've shown so much promise so far, I'm sure we can make finals with a percentage of 35...

Miopia - Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. People with miopia see objects more clearly when they are close to the eye, while distant objects appear blurred or fuzzy. Reading and close-up work may be clear, but distance vision is blurry.

Hyperopia: causing difficulty focussing on near objects, likely to trip over something obvious right in front of them

• Like 2

To start off - Get over yourself mate - How often do you read Demonland?? - a lot of opinion on here is based on emotions with very little fact. There are some good debats but you don't have to look too far to see a lot of emotion based opinon which is why I made my comment

Back to your points

I agree with what you are saying - The Dees this seasons have showed very little in terms of progress..... They lack a lot of basic fundementals in their game (tackling, ability to win 1 v 1 contests and decision making have all been very disturbing)

What you've haven't read of my prior posts is I am asking how much can be put simply down to Neeld's fault - and how much can be put back on to the players with lack of leadership, experience and work rate to match it with quality teams

Can you say with zero doubt that experienced and highly rated men in Craig and Mission have no idea what they are doing (Development coaches and assistants). It's hard to implement a game plane when the cattle isn't up to the task.

People on here argue Neeld threw out our leaders - give me a list of leaders who left the club??? I can only think of James McDonald and Rivers (and Rivers choose to leave the club)

What you fail to acknowledge in your argument is that you don't go to training, you don't know what the club/Neeld are focusing on, you don't know who is putting in and who isn't. You don't know what the instructions are, you don't know anything about the inner working

It's easy to just simply blame the coach for all the wrongs, replace him and expect all the problems to disappear. What you lack in your argument is a lot of facts. Your fact are based on obesrvations from the outside.

I sure know from reading training reports that combative 1 v 1 training and tacking was a focus - why is it failing on field now??

There are no easy answeres here - Neeld or whoever is in charge will not have an easy task. How long will it take to clean up this mess? Surely longer then 18 months - what if the new coach fails to produce in a year - does he get fired too???

You have a nice theory - but a lot of theories don't work in practice - maybe you should have that converstion with Neeld

Unleash Hell

You are upset however you want facts, pure facts about the current Melbourne Coach Mark Neeld which you or nobody can dispute.

Mark Neeld was the coach when we lost against Essendon at the MCG our home ground for 150 years by the biggest ever margin.

Is our team talent wise the worst in 150 years no way.

The teams Robert Flower played in were extremely ordinary throughout much of his career

Sack Neeld ASAP

• Like 1

#notsureifserious

How many daft things has malthouse said that no-one looked twice at?

How many genuinely mad things did sheedy say?

How does choco come across?

Or clarkson?

I think way too much is made of stuff said to the media that then gets interpreted. Like tea-leaf reading or graphology.

Neeld copped it last year when he just about came out and blamed the players for being weak against Brisbane. Now when he just dodges the question he gets blamed for saying something stupid as if it is indicative of his actual thought process.

Do you reckon that any coach tells the media what he is actually thinking? some might be better at obfuscation, but that is what is going on at every press conference.

It is the same as the idea that Neeld doesn't simplify his message. He coached Ocean Grove. Do you reckon he used complex game plans there? He coached collingwood's mids - not exactly mensa level either BTW.

If we want to criticise neeld, and there are plenty of reasons to, why don't we do it on grounds that make some sense - like player positioning and matchups?

• Like 3

Really dumb post mate.

Try using facts instead of emotional opinions. Both players were delisted AFTER walking out on the club.

look up "constructive dismissal"

Edited by robbiefrom13

To all the posters on DL........All the ones who want(not in order) the sackings of

The board....

Jamar......

Syliva.......

Neeld......

Frawley

Garland

Watts

Bail

Byrnes

Pederson

Blease

Gillies

MacDonald

McKenzie

Rodan

Sellar

Tapscott (All these employees of the club should have, according to DL's, been sacked)

Don't any of you start to brag or sound off when we start winning.......I saw a bit in the first half last Sat.......It will take time......So stop calling for heads all the bloody time....It's getting so boring that I don't visit here a lot anymore.......

• Like 2

If we want to criticise neeld, and there are plenty of reasons to, why don't we do it on grounds that make some sense - like player positioning and matchups?

I'm not going to pretend I know enough about that to mount a credible strategy, the more I know about it the less I realise I know - but it's not my job to.

Have another look at this and see whether you think Neeld knows what just happened - it IS his job to.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2013-04-02/rd-1-mark-neeld-and-jack-grimes-media-conference

It would be crazy to sack Neeld without having a better replacement locked in, another untried coach would just continue the cycle most likely.

• Like 1

To all the posters on DL........All the ones who want(not in order) the sackings of

The board....

Jamar......

Syliva.......

Neeld......

Frawley

Garland

Watts

Bail

Byrnes

Pederson

Blease

Gillies

MacDonald

McKenzie

Rodan

Sellar

Tapscott (All these employees of the club should have, according to DL's, been sacked)

Don't any of you start to brag or sound off when we start winning.......I saw a bit in the first half last Sat.......It will take time......So stop calling for heads all the bloody time....It's getting so boring that I don't visit here a lot anymore.......

cool, as long as you stop pissing and moaning about the bagging if we get pumped
  • Like 2

If you don't think he could sue.........I am waiting for the first test case to hit the courts soon, people are getting sick of being bashed on social media

"Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, traducement, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation a negative or inferior image. This can be also any disparaging statement made by one person about another, which is communicated or published, whether true or false, depending on legal state. In common law it is usually a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).[1]"

pity Jack Watts isn't doing law.

I deleted my post - you have it still up; read it, and see if I stated or implied things as factual, or if I offered my thoughts repeatedly saying "I think".

On April 10 you wrote "Your opinion that he is the wrong choice, my opinion I don't know whether he is or not, coz I don't know what the issue with the players is, do you?, have you asked them, I did - they didn't know either, but they want Neeld as coach, so assume they are lying to me." Your assumption was sarcastic, right? Like Connolly's "joking". Like you, I don't know. I care, and I figured that Demonland was a forum for people to discuss what matters to us. You want just facts, but when you try to get them, the answers don't fit the facts. We are all trying to understand - it appears you prefer to just wait till you know; fair enough, but can't you allow others to discuss on a different basis?

If the Club can manage to turn around its on-field performances by 10 goals per game at season end a percentage of 60 or so shall result.

That's being a 10-goal average-differential better team for the rest of the year. I for one won't be holding my breath.

Sixty per cent is where GWS are now, statistically-speaking.

• Like 1