It's time for President and CEO to Lead

Soidee

I will always be Melbourne BUT ...today I went and watched Geelong and Hawthorn to get some idea of what it is like to watch elite football. I also noted what Hawthorn do during their pre-game and they leave our mob for dead on and off the field. Total professionalism !!

I want our President and CEO to lead and get out there on the front foot. I suspect Neeld knows the issues and would not blame him for walking out if this shyte continues. It is his future at stake here, and I am sick to the back teeth of poor leadership at this club. It starts at the top, so come out Mr President and show some leadership.

To lead? Or leave?

We haven't heard boo from Schwab in god knows how long.

Base camp? More like the bottom of the abyss.

7 months to plan, prepare and put into place resources, planning to show something in Round One and generate a positive vibe for 2013 by ensuring a good start.

7 months.......including a 9 day Darwin camp that was supposedly a breathe of fresh air and a positive influence on the group.

7 months to put in place tactical strategies defensively, offensively and various midfield stoppage strategies.

7 months to get the players competitive mindset right.

It would be an absolute slap in the face to the supporters if they got up over Essendon next week.

Bring it from the start; be pro-active, not reactive.

Basic fundamentals, FMD.

• Like 3

To lead? Or leave?

7 months to plan, prepare and put into place resources, planning to show something in Round One and generate a positive vibe for 2013 by ensuring a good start.

7 months.......including a 9 day Darwin camp that was supposedly a breathe of fresh air and a positive influence on the group.

7 months to put in place tactical strategies defensively, offensively and various midfield stoppage strategies.

It would be an absolute slap in the face to the supporters if they got up over Essendon next week.

Basic fundamentals, FMD.

BANG!

I will always be Melbourne BUT ...today I went and watched Geelong and Hawthorn to get some idea of what it is like to watch elite football. I also noted what Hawthorn do during their pre-game and they leave our mob for dead on and off the field. Total professionalism !!

I want our President and CEO to lead and get out there on the front foot. I suspect Neeld knows the issues and would not blame him for walking out if this shyte continues. It is his future at stake here, and I am sick to the back teeth of poor leadership at this club. It starts at the top, so come out Mr President and show some leadership.

Soidee care to confirm your previous member names. Seems we have heard these tirades before.

• Like 1

To lead? Or leave?

Basic fundamentals, FMD.

A rare emotional post from one of Demonland's most reasoned and calm posters. Says a lot.

"I will get you fit and I will give you a gameplan"

Barassi said it best "Great clubs have great Administration". And he said that way, way back.

Until everyone at the club puts their hand up and admits that they are part of the problem then we will continue to have issues. The blame needs to be apportioned equally.

That doesn't mean that everyone should be given the tijuana brass. It might just mean that everyone who is involved at the club needs to get a lot better. They all need to lift their game and be honest with each other.

McLardy needs to bring everyone together to nut the whole thing out. He could have done it last year but it's not too late. They need to review how everything is done at the club and it would be best to bring in some independent consultants - unbiased footy people.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

Remember the last time independent consultants did a report on the Melbourne Football Club?

What actually happened to that? Is it still hidden in a drawer, or did they bring it out and act on some of it? It seemed to have gotten forgotten with the whole 186 / sack everyone saga.

Barassi said it best "Great clubs have great Administration". And he said that way, way back.

And Barrass was right.

McLardy had a chance to lead during the tanking investigation and he didn't. Had a chance to fight but rolled over. Fail, fail, fail.

Until he and Schwab go, we have no chance of going anywhere.

And Barrass was right.

McLardy had a chance to lead during the tanking investigation and he didn't. Had a chance to fight but rolled over. Fail, fail, fail.

Until he and Schwab go, we have no chance of going anywhere.

But who do we know of would step into their roles?

Any names spring to mind? (and don't say Lyon and The Ox)

Remember the last time independent consultants did a report on the Melbourne Football Club?

Not all reviews are the same. And it depends how transparent the whole review might be and who you might bring in as independent consultants.

If the independent consultants were footy people, you might bring in Matthews, Roos and a recently retired great like Scarlett.

• Like 1

But who do we know of would step into their roles?

Any names spring to mind? (and don't say Lyon and The Ox)

I don't know mate. But they need to be serious men (or women) who hail from a club with a track record of on and off field success. And that's probably not going to be anyone who's ever been associated with the MFC before.

Our club seems to be doing well enough off field but all this crap about oldest club in the land, the bugler, the blazers, all that crap, screams of a club that doesn't know how to take a step forward. Have we become too politically correct to say "get out on the field and play like demons"?

• Like 2

What actually happened to that? Is it still hidden in a drawer, or did they bring it out and act on some of it? It seemed to have gotten forgotten with the whole 186 / sack everyone saga.

It went through the shreader(twice), then burnt and the ashes flushed down Schwab's toilet. Any remains are likely somewhere near Werribee. Edited by Muvver Jones

Many thoughts on this subject ~ The main being that wars aren't won by whinging, distrust and back stabbing; only by unity, trust and pure determination. People in this forum really should vent their anger and frustration in a positive way. Regardless of how mad they are, how heart broken they are > please show some restraint and pride.

One of the biggest problems the modern football club is the amount of social media out there; it mostly adds a layer of diatribe that does no good to anyone. Some bad things that I notice with this modern media element :

- The eagerness of the club to continually feed positive info to the supporters etc always taking the good from the bad. They players possibly become inflated with false self beliefs. Negative & constructive feed back is OK. The supporters need to hear it also. Continual positive affirmation to the players is no good in my opinion. I call it 'Little Johnny Syndrome' where all the school kids get an award as to not upset anyone. That is the impression I am getting. If Neeldy does give the players a 'spray' then we might like to see it sometime. ( Remember Ron Barassi at half time anyone ?? )

- Twitter, Facebook and forums provide an open and too easy platform for people who are angry to vent in the wrong way. There is no cooling off period when posting angry remarks ~ they stay and effect players and the club.

The MFC has to let us know that they expect players to perform to the best of their ability _ otherwise there ARE consequences; not just blank reactions. There can not be a continual culture of where you take the good from the bad. I think there does need to be a level of FEAR and RESPECT re-instated to the authority of the club. For example the coach should not be the players 'friend' in any way.

Give all the players something to fight for > Don't burden the players with such a layer of History and sentimental expectation ; just get one thing straight with them ( In the words of David Schwarz ) " You're time at the club will be short ! " Every player has to lift to create their own mark in History at Melbourne FC. They will not get a second chance. That will only happen with shear Guts and Determination from each individual and the result is the sweet team reward of winning.

A little bit less of 'Analyse This' and a bit more of 'Just Play Like There Is No Tomorrow'. Each player has worked their arses off to get where they are - they just need to be reminded that this is THEIR TIME NOW.

There is an inner will for the D's to win and that just needs to be ignited. The players are capable of a lot more and I just hope they can rise to the occasion.

Edited by Mardo