If you could have one past player?

ashdemons22

Jeff Farmer, in the season or two he was at his absolute best, was one of the great small forwards. He kicked 76 goals in 2000. For a forward pocket, that's freakish.

He'd have a field day sitting under the feet of Clark and Dawes.

• Like 7

A fit and Focused Allen Jakovich thanks.

The guy was a dead set freak.

Could still play today, just let him play in the 50 metre arc.

We'd have to reduce the interchange first for most of the forwards to be effective in todays car park football.

now theres an Idea. preseason in the car park. or reduce the bench & play footy again.

Edited by dee-luded

We'd have to reduce the interchange first for most of the forwards to be effective in todays car park football.

now theres an Idea. preseason in the car park. or reduce the bench & play footy again.

Wrong thread old timer...

The Ox is the obvious choice. In '94 he played as well as anybody in the comp and was positively floating to take his marks . He killed Carlton in that fabulous come-from-behind win in the Qualifying Final. From that point,cruelled by successive knee ruptures, he was merely a top player rather than a great one.

Call me crazy, but I'd have Norm Smith. It's not just a matter of playing attributes, but the fact that he was a guy who in many ways revolutionised the game and was a phenomenal player and leader. Imagine what he could have been like with modern training and facilities to work with. A player like that will be a star no matter what era he plays in.

Dad says Steve Turner and laughed. Who's he?

He was a rather ordinary ruckman who seemed to amuse some supporters with his aggro antics. Hard to believe it now, but he was an ex WAFL player who in pre-draft days actually promoted himself around AFL clubs to get listed.

Last year I would have been tempted to say Nathan Carrol, just because he was a mongrel scrapper and that is something we were sorely lacking in the last few years. From what I've seen of the pre-season though, it looks to me like we may have found some of that attitude again but without the poor discipline.

Ok so I just watched our 2003 game v the Hawks on foxtel where we won by 1 goal.

Actually found it sad, so many players Yze Neitz, Jeff White Robertson Leoncelli, could go on for ever.

But what I want to know is, if you could have just one player fit and firing from the 90s or 2000s that could play with the side we have now, who would it be?

Remembering we have the exact side now, you just add a player in his prime who would it be?

I will kick start it and I will go with Shane Woewodin in the midfield, In my opinion that A grader we are missing,

Go ahead

I'm sure you will not be surprised with my player. Ronald Dale Barassi. In more recent times I would go for Stephen Tingay or The Ox.

• Like 1

The

I'm sure you will not be surprised with my player. Ronald Dale Barassi. In more recent times I would go for Stephen Tingay or The Ox.

Great choice. Like Neeld, Barassi would expect tough players and NO passengers!

Stinga. Came to mind as soon as I saw the thread title. Robbie and Ronald Dale also I would trust. Some others I am not sure they give 100 per cent all the time. After reading The Ox's book I felt cheated; I know he has issues.

Want a player whose heart beats true like mine

If there's been a club with less individually talented players over the past 23 years let me know who they are.

The Great Contrarian has to find his aggravated soap box...

Statler and Waldorf rolled in one.

Has to be Schwarz in his prime, or Lyon, but Farmer was special in 2000 - that game against Collingwood...

Powell was great value. Whelan was a great little backman.

I would say The Wiz because that is exactly what we need. We weren't blessed with 'elite' mids but Farmer was that in a small forward.

• Like 1

O K, Diesel Williams.

So as a much needed type to slot in now, it would be in the midfield, & a ball extractor. so Williams IMO was the best in & under ball extractor.

Many come to mind, & I'm an unabashed David Schwartz supporter.

The Ox was still a great after his comeback. just couldn't dance like a ballet star.

Side by side with Clarke, the Ox would be fantastic.

OK back on topic A.Jakovich just to make going to the footy fun again or R.Flower to remind us how great a game can be

Ok so I just watched our 2003 game v the Hawks on foxtel where we won by 1 goal.

Actually found it sad, so many players Yze Neitz, Jeff White Robertson Leoncelli, could go on for ever.

But what I want to know is, if you could have just one player fit and firing from the 90s or 2000s that could play with the side we have now, who would it be?

Remembering we have the exact side now, you just add a player in his prime who would it be?

I will kick start it and I will go with Shane Woewodin in the midfield, In my opinion that A grader we are missing,

Go ahead

Dead set heat between The Gun Schwartz & Allen Freak Jakovich.

Bloody hell they were good!

No mention of Jim Stynes? I would have thought that a player with a tank the size of what Jim had would thrive in the modern game as much as he did back in the 90's.

Stynes > Jamar+Spencer+Gawn

Jim for mine with Garry not far behind.

• Like 1