• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Dayle Garlett

Guest NoMoreMrNiceGuy

Talent will only get you so far

In a team enviroment character is a really important attribute

Characters never drink or smoke.Only machines

You have me stumped .

Now's not the time to be taking a risk on someone like Garlett.

We'd be better off playing it safe and taking someone who might not be quite as talented, but we know would committ to getting the best out of themselves.

Still plenty of other fish in the sea. Colquhoun, Haynes, Pongracic, Boston, Taylor, Ballard etc....

I'd never draft someone who calls himself Dayle

With such bad spelling he would be too high a risk

Who can argue with that rationale?

The Y along with the cigarette means a no from me now.

Forget about all that ability and skill.

And he's a witch.

Guest José Mourinho

That ships already sailed, the last 5yrs have been nothing but a soap opera.

And some clowns want that to continue...

Not to mention, being completely unable to recognise when the ship has turned.

One cigarette could burn our ship down .

Best to let him rack up a Brownlow elsewhere .

Now where's my red nose and funny wig.

Guest NoMoreMrNiceGuy

Someone in another thread said they saw (and spoke briefly to) Todd Viney in Perth yesterday.

Possibly maybe could've been there to speak with Garlett?

Guest NoMoreMrNiceGuy

I reckon if Dayle got sat down in a room with Chris Dawes, Grimesy, Big Mitch, Todd and Neeldy and was read the riot act it would have to have a serious impact on him.

It's a far cry from the days of Green, Moloney, Aaron, Bruce and Bails ....

I reckon if Dayle got sat down in a room with Chris Dawes, Grimesy, Big Mitch, Todd and Neeldy and was read the riot act it would have to have a serious impact on him.

It's a far cry from the days of Green, Moloney, Aaron, Bruce and Bails ....

If you have ever had to deal with people who have problems in their life be it drugs, alcohol, commitment, realising their potential in any endeavour, whatever the issues and I don't profess to know what his are, then you will know that it is entirely up to them to turn their lives around. They will tell you what they want you to hear but in the end it's all BS. Neeld, Clark, Viney no matter who they are have absolutely no impact on a personal decision and are only useful once the person makes the decision, truly makes the decision and shows by actions then they can provide the support and infrastructure to help.

You don't think Carlton had a bunch of heavy hitters try to talk with Fev, ask the boys at North if Denis Pagan was a lightweight, Ian Collins. You reckon big Jono Brown is not a scary enough unit at Brisbane, Vosy anyone. Dimmer is facing the same issues at the Tiges, didn't save Martins mate.

I have faith our recruiting department will know if Garlett is worth a go, looking at his interview post draft it doesn't look like he has a clue and is only blowing wind up...having an ex copper to investigate and ask questions is a real plus for us I think. To me he needs a year or 2 at state level stepping up to the mark as a player and solid citizen.

Good luck to Essendon if they go down this path, they should have learned their lesson already.

• Like 1

We won a total of 4 games this season, wake me up when the ship has docked. :wacko:

And if he stuffs up in February and we've sacked him before the season even begins we're left with only three rookies and one less player on our list.

High risk, high reward which we're not in a position to entertain.

To use a cricketing analogy. It's Day 1 of a Test Match at Sabina Park and we've been sent in to bat on a green top with Curtley Ambrose and Courtney Walsh steaming in.

If they pitch one up on a good length just outside off stump we need to let that go through to the keeper and take the shine off the new ball before playing any extravagant drives through cover and risk edging it to the slips or the keeper if you get where I'm coming from......?

Err... Straight thru to the keeper?

Someone in another thread said they saw (and spoke briefly to) Todd Viney in Perth yesterday.

Possibly maybe could've been there to speak with Garlett?

Was me. Unfortunately it was just as he was boarding so I didn't get to ask any questions.

Can't imagine he would've told me the truth anyway.

Here is another slant on him-but he may already be another Indigenous Bomber by now.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/15465058/more-to-garlett-than-eye-can-see/

Here is another slant on him-but he may already be another Indigenous Bomber by now.

http://au.news.yahoo...an-eye-can-see/

"He told me as he left, 'if I have another 12 months at Swans, I just have to be the best player at the club'," football manager Phil Smart said.

Can't you see 'Bif', he just doesn't get it. Everyone knows he can play football, the point is they don't know if he is capable of pulling his head in and making it as an AFL footballer.

What the harm in getting him on a rookie list train him harder than anyone else lay down the law that this is his one and only chance coz no one else will take him and if he stuffs up pi$$ him off .drug test him a different day each week keep him guessing. I'm pretty sure there are a fair few players out on the pi$$ and have a smoke in the off season.and there are a few on the gear too look at Liba jr

What the harm in getting him on a rookie list train him harder than anyone else lay down the law that this is his one and only chance coz no one else will take him and if he stuffs up pi$$ him off .drug test him a different day each week keep him guessing. I'm pretty sure there are a fair few players out on the pi$$ and have a smoke in the off season.and there are a few on the gear too look at Liba jr

He may sort himself out, he may prove to be a top 10 pick after all, but not at the MFC. Wrong time, wrong coach, wrong club

He may sort himself out, he may prove to be a top 10 pick after all, but not at the MFC. Wrong time, wrong coach, wrong club

Cheers for the reply u might be right but I think it would be a good gamble

Neeld is going down the Sydney road no d:/kheads at the club

Cheers for the reply u might be right but I think it would be a good gamble

Neeld is going down the Sydney road no d:/kheads at the club

Go read the 4 pillars thread and you'll see why he's not for us, he only meets one requirement.

The harm could be a lot, keep banging on with nonsense all you want but he won't be in red and blue next year, not gonna happen. I don't understand where you lot get the idea that we have a culture strong enough to pull blokes like Garlett into line, we haven't even got there with Sylvia yet.

• Like 1