Who I am? A guessing quiz.

DeeVoted

Tony Sullivan

Sullivan was the reason I asked Deevoted to confirm the number of years/seasons.

Tony had 13 seasons with the Demons.

I sat next to him at the Heroes dinner, lovely bloke from my home town of Ballarat.

I have had my fun, now back to business.

Who am I ......... (1st Clue)
Recruited from country Victoria I spent 12 seasons at the Dees.
I am .....?
Who am I ......... (2nd Clue)
Early in my career I walked out but I returned to play again.
I am .....?

My first thought after reading clue #2 was that it could be Stuie Spencer, but he returned as President after his time in Tassie, not as a player. Beyond that, I'm stumped, and look forward to clue #3.

looks like we need the 3rd clue

I am .....?
I am .....?
Who am I ......... (3rd Clue)
I signed up as a Demon at the age of 15, then worked my way through the ranks.
I am .....?

Gary Hardeman

Moorabin isn't country Vic.

Is it RDB?

(one day it will be for sure)

I'll give a hint on the 1st clue, its been bothering me after I posted the clue.

Not Country in the true sense of the it , more like far outer CBD. A long time ago it would have been country vic.

I cant say, without blowing the quiz.

Edited by Deevoted

so, a long time ago..........someone from ferntree gully, diamond creek etc

pre war maybe or 40's, 50's

It wont suprise if there is some conjecture on whether or not this place is still deemed as a country town. I'm going with country, some may not.

So for agruements sake, lets go country, as it seems I have thrown you more than I helped. Diamond Creek,F'Gully etc comes under outer suburbs.

Edited by Deevoted

David Schwarz

Another win for durango, not sure if that was a stab in the dark.But none-the-less a good get.

I am .....?

I am .....?

Who am I ......... (3rd Clue)

I signed up as a Demon at the age of 15, then worked my way through the ranks.

I am .....?

Who am I ......... (4th Clue)

I am from Sunbury, Won a 'bluey' after some serious knee operations.

I am .....?

Ans = David "The Ox" Schwarz (alas TheoX)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recruited from Sunbury, Schwarz made his AFL debut in 1991.

He was known as "the Ox" for his beast-like build. David played 173 games and kicked 243 goals with the Demons.

A strong centre half-forward or full-forward, he was a crowd favourite due to his courage, aggression and brilliance.

David Schwarz burst onto the AFL scene with Melbourne in the early 1990s as a strong marking forward.

He played centre half-forward or full-forward and in 1994 kicked nine goals straight against Sydney and with some blistering finals performances and agility saw him touted as the next superstar of the game. (including "that" blind turn against Carlton).

Strong marking, agile and athletic, until he suffered numerous knee injuries, playing only two games in 1995 and missing the entire 1996 season. Schwarz resumed playing in 1997 at a weight of 103 kilograms (230 lb), which was 3 kilograms (6.6 lb) above the weight he subsequently carried in 2000,and help the Demons to a Grand Final berth in 2000.

While the great spring was gone, the determination was still there and he reinvented himself with a more bullocking style of game that saw him win the club's best and fairest in 1999 and passing the 100 game mark, something that was unthinkable a few years earlier when knee injuries left his career in tatters. In typical style he celebrated with 20 of his closest mates and his mother, who had brought him up single handed since the age of eight. His father had been murdered.

When crippling knee injuries cut him down in his prime, he fought his way back three times. His final successful comeback was one of the more remarkable in football.

David Schwarz

A true story? Apparently when Neil Balme was coach, Balme stormed into the clubrooms, abusing someone for stealing his personal parking space. Then demanded to know who the F$#@ is Theo-X!! Tell him to move his F%^&%#$ car!.There were a few muffled chuckles, Mr Schwarz had personalized number plates on his car. The Ox.

At 6' 5" weighing over 200lbs, he was going to park anywhere he liked.

• Like 1

Not sure I understand this clue ?

I think he 'sort of' walked out at the end of 1991. Not sure why. Sunbury was definitely a suburb at that time as well.

One thing, which I am sure someone will know the answer too. He was in our U19's team. It appears we didn't have to draft him, even though the National Draft was in action. So did we just put him on our senior list. I would assume that would have applied to our Reserves as well. I'm supposing our Reserves and U19s were like a giant rookie list.