Best 22

tonatopia

I love his endeavour, but yes that would be a disaster.

I meant the Jamar part. I'm hoping that big Max can string some games together at Casey.

It seems that the FD felt that we had too many rucks on our list and not enough ruck/forwards. Of course, Brown is in our FD (and the 'Lee Brown Role' is now a common footy phrase).

It's interesting how many of the AFL's leading tap rucks were either traded or came from the rookie list.

B: Nicholson - Frawley - Garland

HB: Dunn - T McDonald - Grimes

C: Wines* - McKenzie - Trengove

HF: Sylvia - Dawes - Howe

F: Byrnes - Clark - Pedersen

R: Jamar - Jones - Viney

I: Bail - Watts - Blease - Rodan

* - assumed pick 4

"Worst 22"

B: Bartram - Davis - Strauss

HB: Tynan - Sellar - J Macdonald

C: Evans - Taggert - Davey

HF: Barry - Hogan* - Tapscott

F: Jetta - Fitzpatrick - ?

R: Spencer - Magner - Couch

I: Gawn - ? - ? - ?

• Like 1

* - assumed pick 4

"Worst 22"

Worst 22?!? WTF?

Now I've seen everything.

No love for Magner? Whilst this isnt looking ANYTHING like a finals team let alone a premiership team, its good to see some "depth" with form and injury dictating who plays out of Magner, Nicholson, Dunn, Jetta, Sellar, Pederson, Macdonald

Magner and Nicholson would be fringe players at the best.

I like this thread with our potential team for 2013, because it really puts our list and the trade period in perspective.

I cant understand all the fuss, with whom we have got and who we cut.

The addtions have added something to us, filling the Gaps Ie:Key Forward - Dawes and Small Forward - Byrnes. Then we have young Viney and extras in Pederson and Rodan then you have the future in Hogan.

All these teams the members has shown is that the players cut, wouldnt have made into the side in Round 1.

So I say im sooo happy the broom was taken to the club, Cause the ones left have the faith of the coaches.

* - assumed pick 4

"Worst 22"

Poor Maximus, what's he done apart from 2 knees to deserve being I/C on the worst side.

On one leg he is better than pencil

Give him another year and he will be our No. 1 Ruck in the Best 22

Anyone who cares enough and bleeds for the jumper. I have been excepting of the "play the kids policy" now I am more than excepting of the new hard line Neeld regime!

Best 22.....I would rather the hardest and most committed 22, and nothing less!

• Like 1

Anyone who cares enough and bleeds for the jumper. I have been excepting of the "play the kids policy" now I am more than excepting of the new hard line Neeld regime!

Best 22.....I would rather the hardest and most committed 22, and nothing less!

its simply if kids continue to knock on the door, take there chance they will Stay.

Look at McDonald last year !!!!!

He is proof they if ur good enough and perform your in the side.

B:McDonald, MacDonald, Anthony McDonald disguised as a runner

HB: HUNGRY JACKS (Grimes, Watts, Viney)

C: Fitzpatrick, FitzSpencer, ToobigonJones

HF: Dawes, Windows, Dog Flaps

F: Byrnes, Flares, Chars

Fol: Gawn, Bate, Petterd

Int: Wines, Beers, Spirits, Ciders

EMG: Robbo's music and acting career,Etihad Stadium, Statue of Norm Smith

• Like 2

Always difficult to say until after the draft and delisted free agency periods are completed.

This is assuming we manage to get Jacobs in the PSD.

FB: Garland, Frawley, Strauss

HB: Watts, T. McDonald, Jacobs*

C: Bail, Jones, Blease

HF: Howe, Dawes, Trengove

FF: Pedersen, Clark, Byrnes

FOLL: Jamar, Grimes, Viney

INT: Davey, Sylvia, Tynan, Tapscott (sub)

EMERG: Dunn, Jetta, Taggert

*Assuming drafted

I note that Rodan is not in my 22. Personally I don't think he's in there. I think Rodan will be more of a depth player who will be there to set the example on the training track and at Casey. Wouldn't be suprised if h plays no more then half the yeat in the seniors.

I have picked this side simlpy on the players that we have already got on the list, however I have added Wines as i believe he can have an instant impact.

Still a very young side.

Green = Young

Blue = Mid age

Red = Old

B: Garland Frawley Nicholson

HB: Watts McDonald Dunn

C: Sylvia Viney Grimes

HF: Howe Dawes Trengove

F: Blease Clark Byrnes

R: Jamar Jones McKenzie

I: Wines Pederson Tapscott Sub: Rodan

Em: Gawn Davey Jetta Bail

Looking at this i think we have great flexability in our talls, Pederson can play forward/back/ruck. Clark and Dawes can both ruck should disaster strike, and we have 3 perminant tall backs in Frawley, McDonald and Watts with Garland and Dunn being able to play on both talls and smalls.

I think our mids look deeper and have some real hard-nosed qualities about them. I still believe that we need at least one other mid option to rotate through (total of 8), aside from Jones, Sylvia, Grimes, Trengove, Viney, Wines, McKenzie, one of Howe, Blease and Nicholson, need to keep developing into an out and out mid (prob Blease). On top of these options we have Byrnes and Rodan to add to the rotations. One im unsure about is Tapscott, love him and think he is valuable to the overall side, just cant work out his best possy. i like him as a hit up half forward, the role he played when he got drafted, but could also see, with his kicking him playing a role across half back, think the likes of Guerra/Hunt.

Overall a half decent side. Cant wait for pressure to come from Gawn, Strauss, Barry, Jetta, Bail, Taggert, Tynan, Fitzy, and any others we pick up in the draft.

Competition for spots is going to be the best thing for the side this year.

Looking forward to it.

Edited by Steve13

Grimes Frawley Davey

Watts. McDonald Garland

Trengove. Viney. Blease

Howe Clark. Pederson

Sylvia. Dawes. Byrnes

Gawn. Jones Wines

Tapscott, Rodan,Jamar,Barry

Emerg . Mckenzie,Tynan,Taggert

I have picked this side simlpy on the players that we have already got on the list, however I have added Wines as i believe he can have an instant impact.

Still a very young side.

Green = Young

Blue = Mid age

Red = Old

How can I not like a side that has the same 22 as me.

LET'S SAY ALL THE PLAYERS DRAFTED ARE GETTING GAMES.

OTHERWISE WHY WOULD WE GET THEM.

(B:) GARLAND. FRAWLEY. TAPSCOTT.

(HB:) GRIMES© MCDONALD. WATTS.

(C:) TRENGOVE© JONES. RODAN

(HF ) HOWE. DAWES. BLEASE.

(F:) SYLVIA. CLARK. BYRNES

(R:) JAMAR, VINEY, MCKENZIE.

(INT:) PICK no.4/PEDERSON/BARRY/DUNN/STRAUSS

NICHOLSON/TAGGERT/MAGNER.

Blease plays his best games when is around the goals.

Guest djdemons

Still a very young side.

Green = Young

Blue = Mid age

Red = Old

Em: Gawn Davey Jetta Bail

Looking at this i think we have great flexability in our talls, Pederson can play forward/back/ruck. Clark and Dawes can both ruck should disaster strike, and we have 3 perminant tall backs in Frawley, McDonald and Watts with Garland and Dunn being able to play on both talls and smalls.

I think our mids look deeper and have some real hard-nosed qualities about them. I still believe that we need at least one other mid option to rotate through (total of 8), aside from Jones, Sylvia, Grimes, Trengove, Viney, Wines, McKenzie, one of Howe, Blease and Nicholson, need to keep developing into an out and out mid (prob Blease). On top of these options we have Byrnes and Rodan to add to the rotations. One im unsure about is Tapscott, love him and think he is valuable to the overall side, just cant work out his best possy. i like him as a hit up half forward, the role he played when he got drafted, but could also see, with his kicking him playing a role across half back, think the likes of Guerra/Hunt.

Overall a half decent side. Cant wait for pressure to come from Gawn, Strauss, Barry, Jetta, Bail, Taggert, Tynan, Fitzy, and any others we pick up in the draft.

Competition for spots is going to be the best thing for the side this year.

Looking forward to it.

Pretty solid team. A good mixture of young and old. I think Neeldy and co has got the balance right. Forward line looks solid which is what excites me.

If we can get

40+ goals each from Clark and Dawes

30+ from Pedders, Howe,Blease

20+ from Brynes,Jones, Trengrove,Grimes,Sylvia,Davey maybe Roden

10+ from Jamar, Viney,Barry,Watts

then we might be pushing our way up the ladder in 2013

Lets just hope

FB- Nicholson - Frawley - T.MacDonald

HFF- Watts - Pederson - Garland

C- Blease - Jones - Howe

HF- Trengove - Dawes - Sylvia

FF- Davey - Clarke - Tapscott

FOL- Jamar - Viney - Grimes

int- Mckenzie - Wines - Jetta - Dunn

Better than the tigers.

Not quite!

Viney will be good but questionable ready for this level. Don't put pressure on him. Magner still ahead of him for in the GUTS.

Watts will take another year. His body strength/bulk needs to build up. Saw him get absolutely mauled by Fisher and J Brown.

Pederson-we know very little about him. Couldn't get consistent footy with Kangaroos.

Have we got Wines? This is "our" best 22.

Garland is yet to prove himself. Doubt if he would crack into the Tigers Team.

Davey sadly out of form and might be coming to an end. Tapscott a little slow and IMO a little better suited to the back line.

If Jetta and Dunn are in our best 22 then we have problems.

Byrnes and Rodan need to he in the 22. Both well established ready made players.

If Gawn is fit again then throw him in as back up for Jamar.

Cheers!

Oh yes....Taggert!

Edited by thaipantsman

nic spud Garland

Trengove TMac DAvey/Tappy

Blease Sylvia Watts

Rodan Dawes Byrnes

Howe Clarke Taggert

Jamar Jones Grimes

INt Magner Viney Gawn Davey/Tappy

Strauss, Dunn, Sellar NOT, Jetta, Macdonald, MacKenzie, Bail, Pederson.

Edited by thaipantsman

FB: Garland Frawley Nicholson

HB: Watts McDonald Grimes

C: Rodan Jones Sylvia

HF: Trengove Pedersen Howe

FF: Dawes Clark Blease

R: Jamar Viney McKenzie

Inter: pick 4, Tappy, Barty Sub: Byrnes

Emergency (is there a point): Strauss, Tynan, Spencer

Edited by SloonieMcFloonieloone

It's pretty depressing we need to add "pick 4" into most of these teams.

I mean we don't even know who it will be, but most of us believe he will be better than what we've got.

Another long season ahead.

If I was drafted at pick number 4, I would be expecting some game time

A number 4 draft pick would go straight into most teams best 22 wouldn't it?

That's what the system is designed to do.

If I was drafted at pick number 4, I would be expecting some game time

A number 4 draft pick would go straight into most teams best 22 wouldn't it?

That's what the system is designed to do.

What if we pick up Grundy? Would he be played on the wing designated for "pick 4" in some poster's teams? What if our pick 4 gets taken off us?

In ludicrous putting a TBA in a best 22. But probably reflective of where we're at.

Btw, how many people have actually seen Wines play live out of those that already have him named in our best team?

Edited by Red Demon

What if we pick up Grundy? Would he be played on the wing designated for "pick 4" in some poster's teams? What if our pick 4 gets taken off us?

In ludicrous putting a TBA in a best 22. But probably reflective of where we're at.

Btw, how many people have actually seen Wines play live out of those that already have him named in our best team?

Good point, really shows how desperate we are for change!