Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Demons for Docklands?

hardtack

rjay... show us the demographics you speak of..

The club has given the basic demographic for the supporter base in the past to make decisions such as the Bentleigh club. My sources in this area tell me our supporter base is stronger in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne more so than the SE, either way our strong base is in the East, SE area of Melbourne not docklands.

If you go down to the Census Bureau and check I think you won't find many families listed in the docklands area but you might find quite a few in the Casey region.

It's also being talked up as a hub with social club and the works, I think you are meant to turn up to that sort of thing aren't you?

It's never once been reported that we would have a social club. The only time that has been suggested is by a few people on this forum. The facility would be much like North Melbournes facility at Arden St.

• Like 1

It's never once been reported that we would have a social club. The only time that has been suggested is by a few people on this forum. The facility would be much like North Melbournes facility at Arden St.

yep...thats how its been proposed.

The only thing they can gain is through a merger with North going out there.

Do the powers want us to take over Nought Melb just up the road?

Don't be silly, we can't takeover the Roos.

More like they will take us.

The club has given the basic demographic for the supporter base in the past to make decisions such as the Bentleigh club. My sources in this area tell me our supporter base is stronger in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne more so than the SE, either way our strong base is in the East, SE area of Melbourne not docklands.

If you go down to the Census Bureau and check I think you won't find many families listed in the docklands area but you might find quite a few in the Casey region.

Youre stretching.. Theyre are NO specific inclinations in the MFC figures that you speak of. Theyre riding general demographics.. The general population of Melbourne currently resides mainly to the east and sout east. This is about to change quite discernably other the next 20-30 years as the West, North and N_W are expanded. Due in main to availability and affordability. This push starts to put the geo-centre more towards the city

Yes, currently presently there are more out in Casey. The projections for Inner Melb growth are in the 100's of thousands. Docklands sits right next to the CBD.

Many seem to be assuming this is an eitherh or scenario, That is, you develop a following in one place..OR another. And thats folly. Casey will for the foreseeable future be a sattelite style growth area for club interest and thats good. Why would you turn your back on other areas ?

This has often been a problem for Melbourne ...Identity. ALL other clubs (vic) were born out of Suburbs. We grew out of a stadium. Its no longer ours to use in this fashion. So we need to identify with something. We can actually trump many clubs here by wresting the very city itself into our grasp. Melbourne can be...MELBOURNE. Thats hugely encompassing

• Like 1

Stuie , none of this will happen inside 5-7 years. By sheer force of pressure Docklands will slowly come to life .

Ironically such a move would present an opportunity for the club to actually be adopted in a way by a community. Weve never had that, the only Melbbased club never to have actually had a locality to cal its own.

To those that lament some loss in terms of proximity or claim to the G...what do we do there now....sfa !!

it will still be our home ground. It would be a step in the direction of becoming more professional and resourced.

I have mixed feelings about it...

Would love for the admin and footy depts to be in the same place, and I'm sure it'd be a ripper facility, but there will be no community involvement whatsoever, I've worked in the area a fair bit, there are no people around, and the only people living there are Asian students who for the most part have no interest in AFL. Docklands is pretty much a failure fromma community point of view, there's some really nice things there, it's well designed and modern, but people have not connected with it as a precinct at all.

Youre stretching.. Theyre are NO specific inclinations in the MFC figures that you speak of. Theyre riding general demographics.. The general population of Melbourne currently resides mainly to the east and sout east. This is about to change quite discernably other the next 20-30 years as the West, North and N_W are expanded. Due in main to availability and affordability. This push starts to put the geo-centre more towards the city

Yes, currently presently there are more out in Casey. The projections for Inner Melb growth are in the 100's of thousands. Docklands sits right next to the CBD.

Many seem to be assuming this is an eitherh or scenario, That is, you develop a following in one place..OR another. And thats folly. Casey will for the foreseeable future be a sattelite style growth area for club interest and thats good. Why would you turn your back on other areas ?

This has often been a problem for Melbourne ...Identity. ALL other clubs (vic) were born out of Suburbs. We grew out of a stadium. Its no longer ours to use in this fashion. So we need to identify with something. We can actually trump many clubs here by wresting the very city itself into our grasp. Melbourne can be...MELBOURNE. Thats hugely encompassing

So, your saying we should keep getting splinters on our bum?

Sit on the inner city fence & don't choose one or the other.

for me we should chosse our area & develop it instead of leaning on other things all the time. Lean on the MCC, or lean on the MCG, or the AFL.

How about we choose our home & grow that base & loyalty. Create our community, then give the people what they want. Most of us haven't had this so don't know what we want.

My wish is for us to build a (Leagues club type) social base near public transport. Build it from there. We have to train there with supporters able to watch & dine. Social faclities, etc.

Very close to the gameday venue, easy walking distance.

• Like 1

OK need to get on with some work; we are not going to agree on this but I think our identity is the area around the MCG. Others have usurped us but we need to take it back. It is the sporting hub of this town and that's what we should represent. I'm on board with dee-luded on this one.

Cheers

Leave our Heartland looking for a fist full of dollars, at our Peril.

I suppose some could enjoy it out there. They could perhaps dine on Gazza's boat, or Sams Yacht.

Those who have run this club from the Northern Stand, don't know how to get the ordinary supporter onboard with the club, & just maybe they didn't/don't want to.

Some could afford a ferry up to Toorak?

big-fish-eating-money-fish-200.jpeg

Beware, losing your heartland.

Leave our Heartland looking for a fist full of dollars, at our Peril.

I suppose some could enjoy it out there. They could perhaps dine on Gazza's boat, or Sams Yacht.

Those who have run this club from the Northern Stand, don't know how to get the ordinary supporter onboard with the club, & just maybe they didn't/don't want to.

Some could afford a ferry up to Toorak?

big-fish-eating-money-fish-200.jpeg

Beware, losing your heartland.

What is our heartland? we have the smallest membership in Melbourne because we have not let outsiders in for years. I think the best expansion area is Casey and will remain so, but to have admin and facilities solely out in that neck of the woods is not logistically good. Where are all our current members flooding in form? they arnt.

OK need to get on with some work; we are not going to agree on this but I think our identity is the area around the MCG. Others have usurped us but we need to take it back. It is the sporting hub of this town and that's what we should represent. I'm on board with dee-luded on this one.

Cheers

but no one actually lives there.( near to ) ..Theres just stadia !!

What is our heartland? we have the smallest membership in Melbourne, because we have not let outsiders in for years.

I think the best expansion area is Casey and will remain so, but to have admin and facilities solely out in that neck of the woods is not logistically good. Where are all our current members flooding in form? they arnt.

Joke:

1st Board member: One board member sitting in the MCC bar, said to another board member drinking beside him, what is wrong with our supporter base Fred?

Fred: I don't know, they're just not into it, no loyalty, don't cough up, don't want to come to games anymore!

We gave them new stands & a beautiful picture perfect Field of dreams to watch over? What could be the matter with them out there!

Look at them down there, all shrugged shoulders walking back the the Train Station! Most don't even bring they're kids anymore.

1st Board member: Yeah, they just don't seem to get it! "Huh". And they used to be so much fun, running around kicking & screaming, carrying on?

Fred: "Yeah, they're just getting old I guess. Grumpy old men & women. Toddling off home".... "When are Greeny & Neita coming in to present that Birthday present to your kid"?

Edited by dee-luded

A Brand new Training facility built in the Docklands with all executives offices in the same Building.

We still play all Home Games at the MCG and continue to be part of the MCC..................BRING IT ON...

• Like 1

but no one actually lives there.( near to ) ..Theres just stadia !!

Over 4 million people live in Melbourne BB, a bit more than no one. We need to get over the suburban club mentality and leave old outdated thinking behind. We are Melbourne not some jacked up suburban club and the hub of sport in Melbourne is where we belong.

We don't need to be hidden away down at the docks destined to play our home games at that ....whatever it will be called stadium in the future. Give em an inch and they will take a mile mate, no more home games at MCG. It would only be a matter of time.

Over 4 million people live in Melbourne BB, a bit more than no one. We need to get over the suburban club mentality and leave old outdated thinking behind. We are Melbourne not some jacked up suburban club and the hub of sport in Melbourne is where we belong.

We don't need to be hidden away down at the docks destined to play our home games at that ....whatever it will be called stadium in the future. Give em an inch and they will take a mile mate, no more home games at MCG. It would only be a matter of time.

mate...your all over teh joint.

My very argument was that we are Melbourne...and that Setting up a new enclave for training .admin in a Melbourne location actually gives credibility to the notion.

I bloody know there are 4 odd million ( or 4 million odd ) folk in this town. You dont seemed to have caught the gist at all..

As to losing home games at the g..wtf are you on about.

mate...your all over teh joint.

My very argument was that we are Melbourne...and that Setting up a new enclave for training .admin in a Melbourne location actually gives credibility to the notion.

I bloody know there are 4 odd million ( or 4 million odd ) folk in this town. You dont seemed to have caught the gist at all..

As to losing home games at the g..wtf are you on about.

BB I'm not going to go on with this, we can agree to disagree.

I'd rather stay where we are to be honest, I've seen them train a few times at the grass next to Collingwood's oval (I can't really call our bit an oval since there's only one set of goal posts and Melbourne Storm bite into this patch as well), but it's so beautifully scenic with the MCG in the background. If you live in the Eastern suburbs like me docklands can take up to 20 minutes longer to get to than the MCG. I've rarely ever walked through Docklands but for me I usually just define Docklands as Etihad and the bridge from the station to the ground. When I have though it's seemed like a hard to access dirty ghost town with a coloured cube or a steel statue of a dolphin lodged between two identical trees on fake turf. I guess a strong stronghold and good oval there could be beneficial for our training, and no more Collingwood players sneering at them as they jog along the path (I saw that once). I remember Dean Bailey also using the public toilet there during the 2011 Intra club game, so maybe at Docklands a cleaner toilet may inspire Neeld

BB I'm not going to go on with this, we can agree to disagree.

I have no idea, nor I suspect might some others what point youre actually trying to make.

You suggest demographics and hint there is something peculiar in terms of where and what demons are. In reality there is none. Melbourne supporters live all over land are a fair and normal repsresentation of football followers in and around Melbourne.

You somehow suggest a move of training and admin to a Docklands base would in some manner result in less games at the G.

Happy to have a different view to you, no probs

Simple... I don't think Docklands is a good idea and you do.

Docklands is as much a part of Melbourne (the place) as is the MCG. Can't really see the issue with regards to identity and demographics, and cannot see any issues regarding accessibility. Storm in a teacup territory.

• Like 1

Training should be at the G and selection done down at The Melbourne Club.

No need for us to stray too far West down Collins St .

Things aren't that bad surely yet chaps?

I like the fact we stem from East Melbourne.

Training should be at the G and selection done down at The Melbourne Club.

No need for us to stray too far West down Collins St .

Things aren't that bad surely yet chaps?

I like the fact we stem from East Melbourne.

yes. Injured players should drink at the Melbourne Club during rehab.

yes. Injured players should drink at the Melbourne Club during rehab.

Correct