Herald Sun reports Gysberts to be shown the door...Neeld has gone mad!!!

Tex

My family and nephews (most were DEES supporters ) noticed many awkward changes and decisions during the year., many tthat you have mentioned.

They refuse to pay and watch the boundary grabbing football and will not accept horrible school boy football. .

They now go and watch the best match available in the round and enjoy great football.

I'm sorry they missed the 2010 and 2011 Grand Finals then.

• Like 4

Even the assertions on here that suggest Gysberts is lazy is rumor. There are no facts supporting this other than opinions formed on coaches comments thy he has to work harder.

yep...fancy giving currency to that :unsure:
  • Like 1

I think Neeld will be a spectaculor success or drive the club to the brink of extinction - it's getting to the point where I would be happy with either!

We've been inbetween the 'Demon' & the 'Deep Blue' for nearly 5 Decades, cuasing many the 'Black Dog'.

This inbetweenism is just lack of Direction & Guts.

The Fish rots from the Head & its stunk since 1965.

Yeah but being lazy and being asked to work harder from a low base of fitness are two different things. It's plain stupid to confuse the two.

I havent..I think you might be. That you have a low base of fitness REQUIRES you to work harder. Seems the Gys didnt. ......next

We've been inbetween the 'Demon' & the 'Deep Blue' for nearly 5 Decades, cuasing many the 'Black Dog'.

This inbetweenism is just lack of Direction & Guts.

The Fish rots from the Head & its stunk since 1965.

You have an unhealthy obsession with events 40+ yrs ago, dee-luded. Nearly all your posts harp on this. And could you please include some more sweeping catch phrases?

Can I remind you that our coach (in fact I think none of our FD), our players and probably no one (except maybe only 1 or 2) employed by the club were EVEN BORN then.

How many times do you think these people refer to the current situation as having a direct link back to 1965? Do you think Neeld reads studiously through the MFC history documents from the 50's and 60's to find where we went wrong, looking for the cause of our current problems? I don't think so!

Yes, we haven't won a flag since 1964, but you are stretching a veeeeeeeeery long bow to link its cause back to 1965. It does not have relevance to Neeld getting the most out of Gysberts or his possible exit from MFC, which, I might add is still rumour.

We are the oldest club who wrote the rules. That's cute and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. But for a moment or two, let's forget about 1965 and focus on now and the years ahead.

I fully respect your passion and knowledge of the clubs history, but I have not seen a Melbourne flag and therefore, am looking firmly forward.

Edited by Moonshadow

This feculent turd of a post has reached 5 pages and still going... why do we give so much credence to what is obviously a troll?

not sure about closing the thread but I do love the words - feculent turd- and will now use it in common parlance as often as possible.

Edit- hardtack - looked up feculent and it is sort of a given- a turd by its nature cannot be anything but feculent. Having said that - still love it and gonna drop it into conversation as often as possible

Edited by nutbean

It was in the Herald Sun on Wednesday. I can't find it online.

In a year that we effectively won one game against proper teams, when everyone, including supporters and journalists expected our team to develop physically and improve up the ladder, we have failed on a grand scale.

Richmond and North who were once on the same development curve as us have flourished compared to us.

We came 16th.

This is basically last.

Do you fools understand that?

We didn't have to go backwards just because we got a new coach.

Look at Adelaide.

This is a monumental fail.

So what if Neeld came from a Premiership winning club.

Big deal.

Our team plays without any flare or excitement.

This is by far the worst year I have ever witnessed.

And it was BP i was referring to as the moron. He seriously deserves a bullet to the head. Strauss, Cook and Gysberts instead of Zaharakis, Darling and Talia.

But wait there is more, Viney is now heading up our recruiting.

The only glimmer of hope I am holding onto is that he will use the KISS theory when it comes to our recruiting of Keep It Simple Stupid and not try to get too creative.

Just pick the next best available or just bloody listen to whatever Kevin Sheahan says.

Even Frawley our AA looked to have lost weight this year and was out muscled on too many occasions.

Neeld is not a proven coach, he was an ASSISTANT.

I would prefer bloody Gary Ayres over this hack.

16th people. Stop putting up with mediocrity. You make me sick.

• Like 1

I don't mind if Neeld makes an example of Gysberts. The other young players will be sure to pick up the slack. Which round you were drafted in no longer matters. Hopefully we will see a change in attitude from Watts, among others.

The other young players will be sure to pick up the slack

Wrong. There won't be any left.

• Like 1

I havent..I think you might be. That you have a low base of fitness REQUIRES you to work harder. Seems the Gys didnt. ......next

Bub I reckon he had a low base of fitness due to his 2011 injuries.

Gysberts won't go, you'll all eat your words and apologise for all the uninformed opinions you offered and the rumors you surcumed too.

In a year that we effectively won one game against proper teams, when everyone, including supporters and journalists expected our team to develop physically and improve up the ladder, we have failed on a grand scale.

Richmond and North who were once on the same development curve as us have flourished compared to us.

We came 16th.

This is basically last.

Look at Adelaide.

Big deal.

And it was BP i was referring to as the moron. He seriously deserves a bullet to the head. Strauss, Cook and Gysberts instead of Zaharakis, Darling and Talia.

The only glimmer of hope I am holding onto is that he will use the KISS theory when it comes to our recruiting of Keep It Simple Stupid and not try to get too creative.

Just pick the next best available or just bloody listen to whatever Kevin Sheahan says.

Even Frawley our AA looked to have lost weight this year and was out muscled on too many occasions.

You should have just left it at the OP...... had every one wondering if you are real or if you were tongue in cheek.

Now we know........................ you are the last part of your KISS theory.

• Like 1

Is this the article you're referring to?

Demons exodus continues

Midfielder Jordan Gysberts, selected with pick No. 11 the year before, could also be on the move, continuing the Demons exodus which started with midfielder Brent Moloney and troubled forward Liam Jurrah.

Sounds a bit too CNN to get worried about at this stage.

We came 16th.

This is basically last.

Look at Adelaide.

Big deal.

This post looks like a lyric sheet. Maybe you should get 'My Chemical Romance' to turn it into a song?

This feculent turd of a post has reached 5 pages and still going... why do we give so much credence to what is obviously a troll?

Troll, or Change.

To challenge the Failings gone before & taking the risk to put the proverbials on the line takes guts. To do nothing is a waste of time.

If you can't tell that we have been a miserable mess since the 60's, is just 'unbelievable' as the late 'Bobby Davis' would have said.

Bub I reckon he had a low base of fitness due to his 2011 injuries.

Gysberts won't go, you'll all eat your words and apologise for all the uninformed opinions you offered and the rumors you surcumed too.

ive been wrong before. I know that'll come as a shock lol.

Purely observational but it strikes me Neeld has a handful of non negotiables when it comes to his players. You either do or you dont with all of them. Players attempting to play these on THEIR terms get told rather bluntly how well this will work for them. Im guessing Gys doesn't fit the mould. Others do or have altered to do so.

Neeld doest have the time to be bothered with non conformality, nor should he.

Its his way ( as empowered by the club ) or the highway .

The Geelong Rd looks the go.

I would love to know what it is that people see in Mark Neeld? He is all talk. I can't see a more defensive game plan. We are conceding more points than ever. This probably isn't true, but if it is, it's shocking. He is a first round draft pick.

2011 - 341.369.2315

2012 - 339.307.2341

It's a blowout.

• Like 1

This post looks like a lyric sheet. Maybe you should get 'My Chemical Romance' to turn it into a song?

I think Ministry in their "Thieves, Liars" period would be a better choice although MCR is a nice alternative.......need a rap bit in the middle though....something along the lines

Barry P

Barry P

Barry P

Who will it be

Yeah

Bang!!!

Edited by satyricon