McLardy: Players signed, extension for Schwab & response on list management

Range Rover

I believe the current contract may not expire until Sept/October this year. Still time. Its got nothing to do with the tanking enquiry.

GM with his hands in the football department doing things he should not have been involved in.

Big Jim's book says that RR.

Wonder who he was ordering about?

No

Ok I am happy to be very wrong

The statement attributed to Craig as stated by nutbean would be fine said privately but not wise said publicaly in particular with the fragile state of morale and belief at the club. Neeld was a culprit too in this regard.

Are you kidding? What, are they 12 years old?? What workplace doesn't say that. You're either on the reality bus or you're not. Up to you.

Grow a pair I say.

• Like 1

GM with his hands in the football department doing things he should not have been involved in.

Big Jim's book says that RR.

Wonder who he was ordering about?

No

Ok I am happy to be very wrong

Ha Ha OD. Skullduggery at hand!!

It does raise a question about the oversight of the FD by the Board in the 6 to 9 month lead up to 186. Schwab appeared to be the only conduit to the Board after Leoncelli left. And it appears the Board werent listening to Schwab. Reminds of "Little Boy Blue" and the calamity that happened there.

Ha Ha OD. Skullduggery at hand!!

It does raise a question about the oversight of the FD by the Board in the 6 to 9 month lead up to 186. Schwab appeared to be the only conduit to the Board after Leoncelli left. And it appears the Board werent listening to Schwab. Reminds of "Little Boy Blue" and the calamity that happened there.

Theories abound RR and they are all probably wrong.

You know as well as I that in the absence of knowledge fantasy grows.

Pity we were not winning games then we would have worthwhile things to discuss

No doubt it was good wisdom he learned at the Crows. He found somewhere else to go and now the Crows are flying again.

I see what you did there- you choose to ignore every argument and honed in on the twig that was Craig whose time was up at Adelaide after 8 years. Bravo- a career in deflection (politics) awaits.

• Like 1

I think you are confusing me with someone else. Please refresh me with the alleged posts.

Unsurprisingly there are none - because again you are looking and judging using a rear vision mirror - at at the time of doing due diligence on Energy Watch did it occur that the company was flying (hence 3 codes taking their sponsorship dollars) and their CEO's erratic and offensive behaviour hadnt surfaced ? (dont confuse offensive with quirky as you wouldnt take money from half the companies in Australia based on quirky CEO's).

Alan Bond tipped a fortune into Richmond only to end up in jail years later. Christopher Skase was hailed as the hero of Port Douglas before his fall from grace. You need to look no further than compass and its management for a company that took tens of thousands of people in.

So at the time the sponsorship deal looked good -or if you really think it was bad decision by CS then you can only draw the conclusion that at the time it was common knowledge that the CEO was a racist scumbag and the company would go belly up.

• Like 2

Are you kidding? What, are they 12 years old?? What workplace doesn't say that. You're either on the reality bus or you're not. Up to you.

Grow a pair I say.

Its not rocket science is it ?

Whether Neeld and Co are successful or not havent we seen enough of pandering to soft footballers at our club. Look at the Scotts no nonsense approach at both North and Geelong. There is a reason we havent been anywhere near good enough for so many years. We lacked a tough edge and this is exactly what Neeld is talking about. Has the talk translated into action yet ? No but I applaud the direction and hope it will pay dividends.

• Like 2

If it was decided last year Schwab was out but because of 186 (of all things) the board thought it to be too risky parting with a coach and CEO in the same week... why the hell would you renew his contract a year later?

I'll take a wild stab in the dark.

He's doing a good job ?

• Like 8

My God you are clever BH

Exactly, I just wonder why there are so many that are blind to what's happening.

We are trying to build a club both on and off the field and as Mclardy said the other night, Cameron Schwab has got us in to a wonderful position off the field and he should be congratulated.

He also thanked the previous boards for AAMI Stadium and Casey to ensure that credit was given where due; I just wish some of the haters on here could or would do the same.

Truth is half those that criticise, have never met Schwab, and/or have absolutely no grasp on what he's done over the last few years. I'd like ADC to state what it is that Schwab has done to hinder the growth of the club; some specific instances where he has first hand knowledge Not what he has gleaned from the HUN.

Edited by RobbieF
  • Like 1

Exactly, I just wonder why there are so many that are blind to what's happening.

We are trying to build a club both on and off the field and as Mclardy said the other night, Cameron Schwab has got us in to a wonderful position off the field and he should be congratulated.

He also thanked the previous boards for AAMI Stadium and Casey to ensure that credit was given where due; I just wish some of the haters on here could or would do the same.

Truth is half those that criticise, have never met Schwab, and/or have absolutely no grasp on what he's done over the last few years. I'd like ADC to state what it is that Schwab has done to hinder the growth of the club; some specific instances where he has first hand knowledge Not what he has gleaned from the HUN.

In a wonderful position off field and still pan handling the supporters?

The comments on Schwab relate to his meddling in the footy dept. This was complicated by Connolly (who has also been remarkably and uncharacteristically silent in the past 12 months). Schwab wasn't doing his job properly AND was rubbing people up the wrong way, particularly sponsors who were aggrieved that the CEO didnt pay them much attention.

I personally saw CS at games sitting by himself, taking notes on players and the game plan rather than sitting with and schmoozing sponsors. The former isn't part of his job the latter clearly is so IMO he was failing on several levels. My assumption is he used those notes to try and change what the footy dept were doing and they didn't like it.

It sounds to me like many senior people didn't like many others ways of doing their jobs.

A dysfunctional club struggling to get things rolling, but many all want the same thing but seeing it different ways, & pulling in they're own personal direction.

This to me is the exact meaning of a lack of leadership & cohesion. A pawn fell, & it's seemed to sooth the savage beasts worries. It appears so at least.

Our club needs to strengthen & consolidate our senior positions over the next 2 years. Hopefully the Don & the Cam can settle down into they're roles well, here on, & we'll see how the next 2 years pan out.

We need our off-field to be cohesive, if we expect our team to perform & develop into hardened warriors.

Depends, how much longer will you're posts bite, sucker?

I thought by definition that suckers could not bite?

I think the mindless "sack everybody" comments are pointless, but i do think that questioning in reasonable. We lost two sponsors that were gained by members - Hancook and Kaspersky. Posters (I've forgotten who) commented that people at both places found melbourne hard to deal with - to the point of not returning calls and not knowing who their club contact would be week to week. Now, these complaints are effectively rumors, so the amount you can invest in them is pretty weak.

Then we signed up with energywatch, a company looking too good to be true. They were. All the while, Cam's overseen a huge increase in admin numbers. But we cannot make our TPP.

I think a little scrutiny is more than reasonable.

• Like 1

I think the mindless "sack everybody" comments are pointless, but i do think that questioning in reasonable. We lost two sponsors that were gained by members - Hancook and Kaspersky. Posters (I've forgotten who) commented that people at both places found melbourne hard to deal with - to the point of not returning calls and not knowing who their club contact would be week to week. Now, these complaints are effectively rumors, so the amount you can invest in them is pretty weak.

Then we signed up with energywatch, a company looking too good to be true. They were. All the while, Cam's overseen a huge increase in admin numbers. But we cannot make our TPP.

unlike many comments on threads this is argument is put forward in a reasoned manner.

From the outside I tend to think Cam's done ok. But I think its reasonable also to always review and question whether this or that tac is the better path to follow.

I certainly dont dismiss Fan's concern that we arent prioritising the TPP. Im a bit surprised at this also. I get jittery with top heavy admin style businesses. If its found CS has built nothing more than a castle for himself, with mathcing desks then id be very disappointed as I on the few occasions Ive met him have coem away wit the idea he is passionate about the club, its history and its future. But I could be wrong.

Theres always a happy balance to thse things and possibly we just arent there yet. Id be fuming if we were putting carts before horses.

Having said that Ive no problem with the club soliciting for funds any which way it can. No matter what happens or how many times or how many methods are enlisted I will give what I do and thats that. Others have much deeper pockets than mine and thats good also.

Holistically it seems we in a far better place than we have been for decades. The details and finer points can and should always be reviewed and tweaked as a matter of course. Its just good practice.

• Like 1

I think the mindless "sack everybody" comments are pointless, but i do think that questioning in reasonable.

Agreed. No one at the club should have a job "no matter what".

unlike many comments on threads this is argument is put forward in a reasoned manner.

From the outside I tend to think Cam's done ok. But I think its reasonable also to always review and question whether this or that tac is the better path to follow.

I certainly dont dismiss Fan's concern that we arent prioritising the TPP. Im a bit surprised at this also. I get jittery with top heavy admin style businesses. If its found CS has built nothing more than a castle for himself, with mathcing desks then id be very disappointed as I on the few occasions Ive met him have coem away wit the idea he is passionate about the club, its history and its future. But I could be wrong.

Theres always a happy balance to thse things and possibly we just arent there yet. Id be fuming if we were putting carts before horses.

Having said that Ive no problem with the club soliciting for funds any which way it can. No matter what happens or how many times or how many methods are enlisted I will give what I do and thats that. Others have much deeper pockets than mine and thats good also.

Holistically it seems we in a far better place than we have been for decades. The details and finer points can and should always be reviewed and tweaked as a matter of course. Its just good practice.

For mine Cam Schwab downfall has been his profile. Things like whiteboard wednesday was nothing more than self promotion. It highlighted he had his own agenda.

Jim Stynes book apparently described Cam Schwab as having his own agenda. Unable to follow the boards direction. He should stick to following the boards direction instead of his own agenda.

I would like to see more of Don Mclardy in the media. I don't think he's put a foot wrong yet. Cam should stay in more a behind scenes role. The club is out of debt. Cam is doing a good job. His public profile isn't the right fit for the club.